PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Redemption V1.11

Mr President
01-30-2011, 01:16
-Warning Email-

A new warning email feature has been added. When your state reached 298 regular turns an email will automatically be sent to you letting you know your getting close to losing turns.

-United Nations-

I have opened the United Nations back up for this set. There will be no costs to nations to be part of it. I would like this set to be a testing set to help get some fresh ideas on how to improve it. The UN General polls will be open and we will vote in a UN General. For those who are new and don't know what the United Nations features are about, please visit HERE (http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?t=12765) and
HERE (http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?t=14874) to read up on it.

-Diplomatic Levels-

Later tonight (hopefully before the round begins) a new feature will be added to the game. Nations will now be able to select and announce who they are allied with, neutral with, not allied with, strained relations and bring of war with. The new tab will be under the foreign affairs tab. When you set or change your level with a nation it will also make a post in the global news section.

This whole feature will be expanded over time. This is just the base of this program. There will be other things added with certain selections. Like when your allied to a nation there will be benefits to it. Or at the brink of war would have something extra as well.. For right now, it will be used mainly as a diplomacy tool. So if USA and another nation are friendly at first but then have issues, I could select strained relations and the community would know there are issue and so would the other nation. Nothing huge at this moment, basically something new and neat, but in time when things are added it will be sweet! :)

Crimson Shadow
01-30-2011, 02:15
Will an email be sent every time you hit 298 turns? or is there going to be a way to turn it off?
Because I always try to stay around 350 turns...so its going to be annoying getting emails every day haha.

L P
01-30-2011, 03:08
I think the idea is to bring inactive states back on-line. Unfortunately many active players intentionally let their turns store up before using them. They might feel spamed unless there is an OPT-IN option.

Top12Gun
01-30-2011, 04:59
-Warning Email-

A new warning email feature has been added. When your state reached 298 regular turns an email will automatically be sent to you letting you know your getting close to losing turns.

Ehhh, that's going to fill up my inbox when I'm stocking turns. :thumbdown:

-United Nations-

I have opened the United Nations back up for this set. There will be no costs to nations to be part of it. I would like this set to be a testing set to help get some fresh ideas on how to improve it. The UN General polls will be open and we will vote in a UN General. For those who are new and don't know what the United Nations features are about, please visit HERE (http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?t=12765) and

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:dblthumbup::dblthumbup::dblthumbup::dblthumbup:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr President
01-30-2011, 13:40
I will create and opt in or out for this.

Devil
01-30-2011, 15:38
what if you make it to where you can set the amount of turns you have onhand till it reminds you?

IE: you can set it at 250\300\350 or turn it off alltogether

Lord Burch
01-30-2011, 20:38
-Warning Email-

-United Nations-

I hereby nominate myself for the UN General position (Think of the possibilities! Hehehe....:D)

jkl9926
01-31-2011, 02:58
UN general should be someone who is respected by the community... dogma, mr p, tnova, calvin, kris or maybe a combination of two i would think kris and mr p would actually work really well together because with the different timezones it would cover everyone

L P
01-31-2011, 02:59
Calvin? Respected? :laugh:

jkl9926
01-31-2011, 03:05
lol well unless your going way back im pretty sure he is respected under current circumstances

Xavior
01-31-2011, 03:17
UN general should be someone who is respected by the community... dogma, mr p, tnova, calvin, kris or maybe a combination of two i would think kris and mr p would actually work really well together because with the different timezones it would cover everyone

I think having someone new would be a nice change.

jkl9926
01-31-2011, 03:21
having someone new is always nice cause it allows for a different perspective but also leaves you vulnerable to them disappearing cause they dont understand what is required from them.

on the other hand it could lead to them becoming more involved in the game and thus sticking around because they were immediately thrown into the mix.

L P
01-31-2011, 03:32
lol well unless your going way back im pretty sure he is respected under current circumstances

Hmmmm..... OK.:thumbup:

Mr President
01-31-2011, 10:55
original post has been updated with a new feature.

Lord Burch
01-31-2011, 16:49
having someone new is always nice cause it allows for a different perspective but also leaves you vulnerable to them disappearing cause they dont understand what is required from them.

on the other hand it could lead to them becoming more involved in the game and thus sticking around because they were immediately thrown into the mix.

You'll find it hard to force me to disappear, let alone me choosing to leave. I love this game, and it loves me! :p

Top12Gun
01-31-2011, 18:11
original post has been updated with a new feature.

Awesome new feature!!!

nosejam
02-02-2011, 13:45
-Warning Email-

No link in the e-mail to take me to the log in screen. Sort it out Mr P :).

Also, hi everyone :poke: