PDA

View Full Version : Sky vs ICN

Mr President
03-17-2011, 21:09
USA denounces these military actions against ICN and urges you to end all military strikes against them. ICN's sanctions against you were a way to attempt to enter negotiations to lesson the SA attacks against them. Declaring war without first trying to work it out is out of line.

We urge you to cease all military strikes against the peaceful nation of ICN and work out some sort of diplomatic resolution in this matter.

USA also offers to help broker any deal that will end this tragic war. We have also brought this to the attention of the UN and will be expecting a ruling soon.

Divine Intervention
03-17-2011, 22:04
where does the money for the proposed ~$4.9B in aid to ICN come from? im not really clued up to how the UN works and funds itself.

BladeEWG
03-18-2011, 04:50
All the band of ICN wanted to do was play some tunes and cash away in peace.
For these out of tune tuba players of SKY to attack us was unwarented.
As much as the band of ICN might make fun of Skys lack of musical skills in private, we had never said a bad word in public about it ;)
For these ruffians to have killed our "Golden Kazoo" player "Noob" will create a hardship that will cost us much alcohol and drugs to make him forget about it.
We are hopeful that he will recover with just a bad headache and convince him it was all a bad dream where he was fronting a polka band.

..the band will play on...

Soviet Russia
03-18-2011, 05:00
I guess declaring sanctions can be accepted as casus belli.:thumbup:

KelpKris
03-18-2011, 08:04
USA denounces these military actions against ICN and urges you to end all military strikes against them. ICN's sanctions against you were a way to attempt to enter negotiations to lesson the SA attacks against them. Declaring war without first trying to work it out is out of line.

We urge you to cease all military strikes against the peaceful nation of ICN and work out some sort of diplomatic resolution in this matter.

USA also offers to help broker any deal that will end this tragic war. We have also brought this to the attention of the UN and will be expecting a ruling soon.

Most of the sanctions have ended up in war (and there haven't been many instances where they have been used). So they are not so peaceful solution at all.

Besides I'm pretty sure you said:
"What I would really love to see is a lot more nations going to war. We need to have some fun from time to time and not just net"
So it's okay for you to have fun, but not okay for others? lol

Soviet Russia
03-18-2011, 08:27
Most of the sanctions have ended up in war (and there haven't been many instances where they have been used). So they are not so peaceful solution at all.

I definitely agree with that:thumbup:

Mettel
03-18-2011, 10:29

Yes. Only USA may engage in fun.

Devil
03-18-2011, 14:13

+1

Yes. Only USA may engage in fun.

and LoR....

BladeEWG
03-18-2011, 18:34
Screw it, this is the second time SKY has done this to us, and we are not an "old" tag so I don't want to hear this "get over it crap"
Its gotton old already.
piss on em

Mr President
03-18-2011, 19:12

Besides I'm pretty sure you said:
"What I would really love to see is a lot more nations going to war. We need to have some fun from time to time and not just net"

Let me sound Presidential dammit!

KelpKris
03-19-2011, 04:33
Screw it, this is the second time SKY has done this to us, and we are not an "old" tag so I don't want to hear this "get over it crap"
Its gotton old already.
piss on em

The first time ICN declared war on Sky, not vice-versa. And now you sanctioned us, giving us every reason to declare war on you.

BladeEWG
03-19-2011, 05:05
and why was that Kris? Oh let me think..Oh i remember!
We declared and killed one of yours because of his grabbing us like crazy and Sky didn't care. Rather then take responsibiity for him..you in turn wiped us all out.
Thats the rule here, Sky can do whatever they wish and no one can do jack about it.
Kiss my arse m8, I'm done with the lot of you

KelpKris
03-19-2011, 07:12
and why was that Kris? Oh let me think..Oh i remember!
We declared and killed one of yours because of his grabbing us like crazy and Sky didn't care. Rather then take responsibiity for him..you in turn wiped us all out.
Thats the rule here, Sky can do whatever they wish and no one can do jack about it.
Kiss my arse m8, I'm done with the lot of you

You have to remind me, how many attacks did the offending state do?

kanman
03-19-2011, 11:15
Come on ICN, if you guys are gonna stand up for yourselves, you have to get some kills together.

Max Logan
03-19-2011, 11:47
You sanctioned them and now you`re surprised they declared on you? :huh:
are you the only one that didn`t see it coming??

BladeEWG
03-19-2011, 15:31
Of course not Max, but it was worth a try.
Sanctions on Sky so neither of us could grab each other.
Why? because they were farming the crap out of us, since USA and Lor were damaged by their wars and their land was scarce.
Sky has always been about the land, even i know that and no one does **** about it.

To answer your quesion Kris, i believe that was the sky that hit 3 of us 3 times each in a row..but thats par for the course right? Whatever Sky wants to do is perfectly well around here.

kanman
03-19-2011, 21:56
I like how 2 different ICN states just double tapped me in the top 10...

Mettel
03-19-2011, 22:06

ICN was triple tapping me in the top 15 before the war... At least sky land hoards with some decency...

Divine Intervention
03-19-2011, 23:05

tbf theres barely any NW difference between you guys so they could have just as easily been above you in top10 when they grabbed you :thumbup:

kanman
03-19-2011, 23:12
tbf theres barely any NW difference between you guys so they could have just as easily been above you in top10 when they grabbed you :thumbup:

First one, i was online when it happened and was definitely in top 10. After the 2nd double I was 10th just below 9th and hit by the 11th guy. Pretty sure that attack knocked me below the 9th ranked guy. Possible I wasn't in top 10 for the 2nd double since I wasn't online, but i think unlikely.

BladeEWG
03-20-2011, 06:06
yeah thats a great"rule" also..lets think,,who does the no double taps in top 10 help?
Oh..don't tell me.who usually holds the most top 10 spots?
...SKY!

pretty funny stuff.

Max Logan
03-20-2011, 09:14
yeah thats a great"rule" also..lets think,,who does the no double taps in top 10 help?
...SKY!

pretty funny stuff.

you complain that Sky keeps grabbing you and now you ask why the double tap rule in top 10 is necessary and whom it helps? :huh:

ok... :laugh:

vussu
03-20-2011, 09:22
...SKY!

pretty funny stuff.

such a silly person :wall::wall::wall:

Divine Intervention
03-20-2011, 17:32
surprised Sky isnt dominating more.

Calvin74
03-20-2011, 18:45
surprised Sky isnt dominating more.

i am surprised people haven't stood up to sky before given their tactics and that they do dominate...

BladeEWG
03-20-2011, 18:54
Max, Don't be a knucklehead...this is the first time we've had more the a stray band member in top 10 in a round.
Why? becuase of the USA and Lor war, they usually have those spots not us..

Divine Intervention
03-20-2011, 19:47
i am surprised people haven't stood up to sky before given their tactics and that they do dominate...

who has the time or be bothered nowadays :thumbdown:

Max Logan
03-20-2011, 23:58
Max, Don't be a knucklehead...this is the first time we've had more the a stray band member in top 10 in a round.
Why? becuase of the USA and Lor war, they usually have those spots not us..

I`m just saying - you`re complaining about Sky attacking your state too much and then you say the double tap rule in top 10 is bull.... and only protects Sky. How does that work?

Without that 'rule' you`d be farmed like asian school girls during 90`s

Mettel
03-21-2011, 06:47
So from what I've heard so far this seems like ICN's perspective of the conflict:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XY_ytzSRxw

Mettel
03-21-2011, 06:49
And in the spirit of impartiality this seems like Sky's perspective of the conflict:

http://bit.ly/gIWyp3

kitoy
03-21-2011, 07:04
So from what I've heard so far this seems like ICN's perspective of the conflict:

i demand that the next newsletter should be like this.. :D

Dogma
03-21-2011, 11:34

This rocks!

Xavior
03-21-2011, 11:47
Mettel you're too awesome. You should do the round recaps :)

I have to give props to ICN for utilizing the seldom-used sanction option. It was the perfect thing to do in this situation. However, ICN should have been prepared for war as soon as they hit the button. At least have enough turns on hand and enough jets to give SKY second thoughts on warring them. Now i'm not saying they didn't as I can't see whats going on, but thats how I would have done it.

Now we wait for USA to step in and help their ally ;)

KelpKris
03-21-2011, 12:25
Of course not Max, but it was worth a try.
Sanctions on Sky so neither of us could grab each other.
Why? because they were farming the crap out of us, since USA and Lor were damaged by their wars and their land was scarce.
Sky has always been about the land, even i know that and no one does **** about it.

To answer your quesion Kris, i believe that was the sky that hit 3 of us 3 times each in a row..but thats par for the course right? Whatever Sky wants to do is perfectly well around here.

Every state/nation going for high scores are about land. It's not like others don't try or anything, but maybe it's because our core players are rather good netters. If we wouldn't play, there would be others and in the end if there are good grabs out there, sooner or later someone makes them.

As for the attacks, it might have been that someone did attack your states 3 times in a row, but I can't remember you saying anything to me before you declared and even then we do defend our states and don't let them kill so easily.

When it comes to making triple, quad and so forth taps, every nation makes mistakes, so does Sky and ICN (I checked this and some older sets) and I think people shouldn't get overexcited over a few extra attacks. I've seen oh so many triple attacks made on us, but I can't remember declaring war because of them or even having retaliation.

Our tactics?

Calvin74
03-21-2011, 12:29
Our tactics?

your market manipulation:P is that a more preferable term:P

Max Logan
03-21-2011, 16:24
shhh, it`s a secret! :o

BeeNo
03-21-2011, 19:36
who has the time or be bothered nowadays :thumbdown:

we did give them a good battle awhile back :)

Mettel
03-22-2011, 10:08
Mettel you're too awesome. You should do the round recaps :)

Thanks it was just a quick thing and fun to do. Looks like you're already doing a great job on the round recap stuff Xavior :thumbup:

And looks like this will be the last post in this thread now that LoR busted in lol