PDA

View Full Version : LoR vs Sky

Ragnar
03-21-2011, 22:59
Legion of Riot is destroying them!! Three of their players in the Top 10 are now dead!

Devil
03-21-2011, 23:00
We only killed 2 of them. ICN killed #55.

I wouldn't count sky out of it yet

Max Logan
03-22-2011, 04:08
Kinda don`t like the numbers, feels unfair.

But it`s some change in pace so...

totte
03-22-2011, 04:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrdwhXNt4qw

LOR FS looked like this :P

Max Logan
03-22-2011, 07:20
com`on, that overused :p

Calvin74
03-22-2011, 08:11
Kinda don`t like the numbers, feels unfair.

But it`s some change in pace so...

but unless lor/icn get those top two guys the best they can hope for is a stalemate...

Mettel
03-22-2011, 10:13
You didn't even go after the triple tapper devil :D

Devil
03-22-2011, 13:41
You didn't even go after the triple tapper devil :D

were getting there

Max Logan
03-22-2011, 15:02
could you leave some top states to buy food? pretty please!

BeeNo
03-22-2011, 15:30
first were there's not enough players buying up troops, now there's too much food.

max logan what kind of state are you running over there?

Soviet Russia
03-22-2011, 15:50
first were there's not enough players buying up troops, now there's too much food.

max logan what kind of state are you running over there?

Capitalism is the evil buying our souls.

I agree with Max, please leave some fat rich guys eager for food so we can do business:laugh:

totte
03-22-2011, 15:57
i can buy your food if i survive :P

Ragnar
03-23-2011, 01:14
I wouldn't count sky out of it yet

I think they are out now!! :eek: You got just one more Top 10 player to get!!! Did they do anything to try to destroy some of you guys??!!!

Devil
03-23-2011, 05:09
I think they are out now!! :eek: You got just one more Top 10 player to get!!! Did they do anything to try to destroy some of you guys??!!!

its not easy to kill those type of states. All they need is that one guy up there and they can kill any of our states

Calvin74
03-23-2011, 17:10
its not easy to kill those type of states. All they need is that one guy up there and they can kill any of our states

yeah it really takes a lot out of an attacking state to work that long on breaking down a top 3 state. luckily for lor/icn sky never took off land wise like in past sets so they are still very touchable...

of course this is bad for CR since we have like 5bil food stuck :(

totte
03-23-2011, 17:20
yeah it really takes a lot out of an attacking state to work that long on breaking down a top 3 state. luckily for lor/icn sky never took off land wise like in past sets so they are still very touchable...

of course this is bad for CR since we have like 5bil food stuck :(

we can exchange food for jets when the war comes to an end i guess :P

Calvin74
03-23-2011, 20:54
we can exchange food for jets when the war comes to an end i guess :P

i am pretty sure we have WAY more food than you have jets:P

Cemetary
03-23-2011, 21:36

yea, i only have about 40b worth of jets on hand, im sure you have like 100b+ of food :/

Devil
03-23-2011, 21:37

well now i think the pm is going to be flooded with jets :P

Ragnar
03-24-2011, 00:19
Not a single one left in the Top 10!!!!! I'll bet a week ago no one dreamed that that would happen!!!!! Looks like they learned the hard way. Taking control of the Top 10 and land grabbing every one just might be a bad idea!!!!

BeeNo
03-24-2011, 08:56
last time sky warred with the whole top 10 they set an average networth record because we couldn't finish their top 2 :P

check the NW portal all time top 10 nations lol

Max Logan
03-24-2011, 12:19
Not a single one left in the Top 10!!!!! I'll bet a week ago no one dreamed that that would happen!!!!! Looks like they learned the hard way. Taking control of the Top 10 and land grabbing every one just might be a bad idea!!!!

ok...whatever you say. I guess you invented a new strategy...don`t be top 10 and no matter what happens NEVER EVER GRAB!!!

Wait...tnova already had one similar to that! :o

Ragnar
03-24-2011, 12:26
I guess you invented a new strategy...don`t be top 10 and no matter what happens NEVER EVER GRAB!!!

It's the 'Be Nice' strategy!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif For getting land, you only expand!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Soviet Russia
03-24-2011, 12:29

i'll burn all my farms... worthless food prices.. so much food this set :(((

Max Logan
03-24-2011, 12:33
you wouldn`t have as much food if there were no wars. it helped you get more land and keep it. in a 'normal' set you`d get less

Max Logan
03-24-2011, 12:34
It's the 'Be Nice' strategy!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif For getting land, you only expand!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

I don`t remember LoR netting and using that strategy, so...

Devil
03-24-2011, 14:07
I don`t remember LoR netting and using that strategy, so...

we werent the ones getting farmed.

I didn't like the way they handled the ICN declaring sanctions to prevent getting farmed.

And then a triple tap on one of our top states sent us over the edge.

Max Logan
03-24-2011, 16:53

I didn't like the way they handled the ICN declaring sanctions to prevent getting farmed.

I meant - when you`re out netting non of you 'plays nice' and expands all the time :p

Don`t care about you not liking actions against ICN or whatever. But to be fair, the only way to break sanctions is war, so they warred.

kitoy
03-24-2011, 17:03
last time sky warred with the whole top 10 they set an average networth record because we couldn't finish their top 2 :P

check the NW portal all time top 10 nations lol

.. oops :P

Devil
03-24-2011, 17:36
I meant - when you`re out netting non of you 'plays nice' and expands all the time :p

Don`t care about you not liking actions against ICN or whatever. But to be fair, the only way to break sanctions is war, so they warred.

of coarse but usually im Kris's landfarm.... last set he took easilly 60k land from my state alone. And i got most of my land from the lower top10 sky states

BeeNo
03-24-2011, 17:45
well, this was my first set in LOR ever! the best part about the LOR of this set was everyone throwing idea's around making group decisions. now devil definitely wears the pants but its got a really good feel to it.

did that sound gay?

totte
03-24-2011, 18:18
well yes but it's you so well it wasnt to supriseing :P

Mettel
03-24-2011, 18:34
It sounded fun until devil put on pants. :blush:

Devil
03-24-2011, 18:38
It sounded fun until devil put on pants. :blush:

sometimes i go commando :laugh:

BladeEWG
03-24-2011, 18:45

The band is very thankful for the help of all of our friends.

Devil, once in the band, you're in forever :)

Rock On !!

KelpKris
03-24-2011, 20:28

We learned what? I'm pretty confident that a lot of players here would love to be on top and I'd like to see anybody doing that without making any grabs.

And once LoR declared on us, I saw it coming, our states weren't that strong and they were loaded on turns. Like we were when we declared on ICN - but one thing that stopped us from making a successful FS was the fact, that we couldn't attack ICN states after declaring war on them, even after they declared war on us. It was only after ICN ended the sanctions that we could attack each other - it seems tough that nobody in ICN realized that.

I find it extremely unlikely that LoR hadn't taken the same decision if you had been instead of us, because with LoR you actually don't need any reason to get warred.

Once again I'm getting back this "everybody hates Estonians and wants us to leave" feeling.

Devil
03-24-2011, 21:12
We learned what? I'm pretty confident that a lot of players here would love to be on top and I'd like to see anybody doing that without making any grabs.

And once LoR declared on us, I saw it coming, our states weren't that strong and they were loaded on turns. Like we were when we declared on ICN - but one thing that stopped us from making a successful FS was the fact, that we couldn't attack ICN states after declaring war on them, even after they declared war on us. It was only after ICN ended the sanctions that we could attack each other - it seems tough that nobody in ICN realized that.

I find it extremely unlikely that LoR hadn't taken the same decision if you had been instead of us, because with LoR you actually don't need any reason to get warred.

Once again I'm getting back this "everybody hates Estonians and wants us to leave" feeling.

Well LoR wasn't put in that situation and if it wasnt for the USA v LoR war you guys wouldnt of been put in it either. But that is what happened.

the fact is #61 triple tapped us
Sky hit ICN and was slaughtering them
LoR was already half restarts from previous war

So us in LoR had a few options, go to war over the triple because our netting chances were all ready destroyed from our first war this set. Or we could risk you saying we couldnt kill #61 and risk your states getting bigger.

I have no problems with estionians and i have no intentions of bothering Sky in future sets unless provoked. You guys usually dominate the top with the indy strat and farm down the competition. I think that if the strats were balanced that you guys wouldnt dominate nearly as much

Calvin74
03-24-2011, 21:18

kris you know we get along pretty good in this game and i don't want you or sky to leave but don't make this into a race thing... i think it solely comes back onto your tactics and the fact that yall have a win at all cost mentality.

Tnova
03-24-2011, 21:20

I feel you are a little hyper sensitive on the nationality thing. Anyone who has been around long enough knows that people who constantly stay in the top become targets. In fact, Sky has actually had a pretty nice run of being left alone. I've seen far ...far worse times when nations were picked on...relentlessly...and even then no one truly wanted the other to leave.

Most people go to war against nations that will care what happens, and this normally happens to be the people who put the most time into their states.

Forums are for banter and proposing your position. Generally, they are made of the loudest of the loud in a game and just because you see comments directed in a negative fashion doesn't mean the whole game believes it.

Surely you know this! :) I mean, I don't envision you as a thin skinned guy who needs a bunch of hugs to bring you back to your happy place. Maybe this approach is just a way to strong arm the game into backing off of your nation. :D I'm on to you Kris!

Xavior
03-24-2011, 21:41
Surely you know this! :) I mean, I don't envision you as a thin skinned guy who needs a bunch of hugs to bring you back to your happy place. Maybe this approach is just a way to strong arm the game into backing off of your nation. :D I'm on to you Kris!

I'll take those hugs instead!! :D

BeeNo
03-24-2011, 23:06
yea i'm not counting loads of wars on sky in the recent months.

i dating back to the last war where you guys FS me and the fellas. you've battled ICN twice(once being this month) and thats it.

thats 2 wars in 6 months not too bad considering we've only been mustering around 4-5 sizable nations each month. and besides, i plan on having my next gf be estonian!!!

Mettel
03-25-2011, 01:41

As I'm sure you saw, both LoR and USA were idling with turns ready to strike, and LoR ended up jumping in because they have a lower threshold for getting into a war, I agree with you there :D (Nothing wrong w/ that tho devil!).

Second I think everyone here thinks you did a great job with ICN, so give yourself some credit for that. I'm surprised LoR isn't getting more beef for jumping in on a war that they didn't have much business getting into (Again I don't have a huge problem w/ it but surprised others arn't giving more beef)

What!?! JUST yesterday I was saying to myself how awesome it is we have an Estonian community. I hope you don't really think that.:thumbdown:

I can't speak for anyone but myself but what bothered me most this set were sky's 100% inf and spy states. If I had the ability I'd war you every set you guys did that. But that's just me, you can play however it helps you win, but just don't be surprised by the consequences.

As for the grabs I'm honestly w/ you on that. I don't see what the big problem is. The only problem was you guys had complete control of the top and obviously you weren't going to be out-netted as a nation, so any nation that wanted to win (ICN) had to do something, though there's no doubt you guys knew that. I think people just took the inability to out-net you as "grabbing too much" :glare: which I think is silly.

i plan on having my next gf be estonian!!!

That is thread worthy in itself :laugh:. I demand a thread w/ pictures :cool:

Soviet Russia
03-25-2011, 03:19

I love Sky:thumbup:

BladeEWG
03-25-2011, 04:59
"Once again I'm getting back this "everybody hates Estonians and wants us to leave" feeling. "

Are you kidding me?

Divine Intervention
03-25-2011, 10:55
so if ICN hadnt taken of Sanctions Sky wouldnt have been able to war them? LULZY. silly ICN.

Mr President
03-25-2011, 11:01
I'm a little confused why you would think that Kris. I think the Estonian community is now forever part of this game. When NW opened the slates were cleaned and I held to my word on that. You have been asked several times for you input and you have been a valuable resource in several game changing ideas. You are a forums mod and now you have your own language pack inside the game (although that one took me a while to do but it's done now) and just cause you got warred one time in a long time you feel we don't want you here? Do you really think I would go to all the trouble with what's mentioned above if I didn't want you here?

Sky is pretty much left alone. This set you declared war over the sanctions and then USA sanctioned you and LoR warred you. NONE of this was personal. It's people trying to liven up the game a little.

You guys can't expect to always be on top and never get messed with. I would expect to see you guys get messed with more over time. It's just not right to have the same nation on the top spot every set and nobody do anything to try and knock you out of it. I'm not saying every set, but don't you guys gets bored with little to no challenge taking the top spot?

Anyway, of course nobody wants you to leave. But at the same time, nobody wants to be scared that you'll leave if they hit you.. That's not fair. When you make a state or a nation you are agreeing that there is a good chance you'll be a target. Back in the day people use to work diplomacy or stratedgies to not be a target. Now they sit quite and hope nothing happens and if they do then they threaten to quit.. Not saying that's what your doing, simply making a point. :)

zazibuzi
03-25-2011, 11:35
****...I got suicided...again. Not as much as Banded Krait got but still...
If it's the state we are having some fun then it's part of the fun...but i really dont like when states who are not participating in war do that without any reason...

Divine Intervention
03-25-2011, 11:54
im pretty sure all Sky states did attacks. And if you didnt you should have left Sky! lol. i rmb all too well the danger of leaving a top1 state unharmed cos "hes not participating" then BOOM.

Zeonic
03-25-2011, 12:35
I dunno about you, but I like playing the game where I do more than just 1 type of attack. And, ya know, do something that is actually in the name of the game.

Calvin74
03-25-2011, 12:47
I dunno about you, but I like playing the game where I do more than just 1 type of attack. And, ya know, do something that is actually in the name of the game.

well then why were you complaining two posts up?
something isn't lining up there...

BeeNo
03-25-2011, 15:02
****...I got suicided...again. Not as much as Banded Krait got but still...
If it's the state we are having some fun then it's part of the fun...but i really dont like when states who are not participating in war do that without any reason...

#52 did AR's...

but i would of voted to attack him even if he hadn't. you guys had no problem warring ICN, whats wrong with getting warred in return? besides ask kris, i owed him a war ;)

Xavior
03-25-2011, 15:37

Axis =/= Zazibuzi :huh:

Zeonic
03-25-2011, 16:30

I think you have something that isn't lining up

:laugh:

zazibuzi
03-25-2011, 18:11
#52 did AR's...

but i would of voted to attack him even if he hadn't. you guys had no problem warring ICN, whats wrong with getting warred in return? besides ask kris, i owed him a war ;)

Yes, I know that #52 made AR's...it's my first state...but you didnt get the point...i have an issue with states who belong into nations who dont participate in warring...And what the hell is farmer doing with 17+ mil spys...and i wasnt the only one he was messing with. Answer is simple: suicide...after LoR declared war on Sky...

Divine Intervention
03-25-2011, 19:10
who had 17mill spies?

Xavior
03-25-2011, 20:01
SRS?

Mettel
03-25-2011, 20:16
SRS?

I can put up an intel I just did for a grab to show he doesn't :cool:

zazibuzi
03-25-2011, 20:24
#46 was the guy with that amount of spies...dont have any further information about his army now...

Salabanzi
03-26-2011, 05:54
you have your own language pack inside the game (although that one took me a while to do but it's done now)
Holy hell, I can play NW in estonian language, howcome I havent heard this kind of awesomeness before, that just made my miserable set little bit more cooler :drool:

Soviet Russia
03-26-2011, 08:48
SRS?

Definitely not me. I have not terrorized anyone for 3 sets and I had only 4 mil spies this set.

Mettel
03-27-2011, 18:14
So on the last day of the set LoR + ICN kill 4 Sky restarts...

3 out of 4 of those under 2.5M networth...

:confused:

Divine Intervention
03-27-2011, 18:40
So on the last day of the set LoR + ICN kill 4 Sky restarts...

3 out of 4 of those under 2.5M networth...

:confused:

you haven't warred Sky before / in a while :laugh:

unless you have an iron-clad deal with them stating that attacks shall no longer occur / have them surrender you can count on them to continue making restarts and warring you back with what they can. An annoying enemy especially towards the end of the set where youd rather they just bugger off :D

not taking anything away from them, worthy opponents!

BeeNo
03-27-2011, 19:18
yea, i know at least one of them was bombing some shipyards!!

BladeEWG
03-27-2011, 21:21
Which explains that little restart of theirs with 3 mil spies.
Sky had no issue killing our restarts last time either, its all part of the game.
You retag, you're a target.

Divine Intervention
03-27-2011, 22:01
Kanman had like 7mill spies, how did restart break him?

Zeonic
03-27-2011, 22:09

With a lot more spies.

Divine Intervention
03-27-2011, 22:28
With a lot more spies.

im guessing thats how it works, just thought the 3mill spy state was the only one Sky had and it just did loads of attacks and a few got through. still not enough to do the sort of damage it did...

kitoy
03-27-2011, 22:47

he had 20M spies..

Divine Intervention
03-27-2011, 22:48
he had 20M spies..

understandable. blame Blade for the 3million spy reference confusion!

Max Logan
03-28-2011, 02:03
the question remains - will it cost Kanny 1st? :p

clip
03-28-2011, 02:12
Which explains that little restart of theirs with 3 mil spies.
Sky had no issue killing our restarts last time either, its all part of the game.
You retag, you're a target.

Can you show for me what restart sky kills ?

Soviet Russia
03-28-2011, 02:34
Guys the set is over, don't fight.

BladeEWG
03-28-2011, 06:46
I was refrencing the last Sky/ICN war "clip"
I died 3 times and others here died twice.
Its part of the game..we die and retag and fight some more.

Since you're so busy playing the martyr this round, explain the reasoning in this? peaceful build right? You would know best..is yours.
Spies: 2.343.004 Level:8
Infantry: 0 Level:1
Tanks: 0 Level:1
Jets: 6 Level:1
Bombers: 0 Level:1
SAMs: 16 Level:1
Ships: 0 Level:1

And you're right SR, it should be over.but guess it never is.

Max Logan
03-28-2011, 07:07
those 6 jets are deadly!!

Devil
03-28-2011, 07:45
those 16 sams will shoot down them jets!

BeeNo
03-28-2011, 12:20
devil did i see that right? my 2000 turn restart out netted you? ::oops:

BeeNo
03-28-2011, 12:42
oh my bad devil, looks like you signed on to use a couple turns and beat me by 4 mil!! oh the shame!! lol

Devil
03-28-2011, 14:28
oh my bad devil, looks like you signed on to use a couple turns and beat me by 4 mil!! oh the shame!! lol

spoke too soon :)

and you were an indy wars state compared to my casher one :(

BeeNo
03-28-2011, 18:58
i was a casher too ;)