PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Community

Mr President
04-14-2011, 20:50
As you all know we have been setting up and testing a whole new style of attacking. We did this to help make things a little more realistic and also mix things up.

We have been running several tests on our test server but we can't really get a full understanding as we don't have a lot of testers. Seeing our community is small, I suggest we simply implement the new attack page in the game and play a set at full scale then make the final touches.

Normally with big changes like this I open a whole new server with a new name. I no longer plan to do that. What I plan to do now is simply keep the same server name, but have versions. (V1.0, V1.1,V1.2 ect ect)

Opening a new server hurts us in the long run cause we have to start all over with everything and it's also confusing. Simply having version names will be much better.

I know some of you are concerned with the past scores and records and feel that each time there is a big change, there should be a new server. Sadly, I just don't think it's worth doing it like that anymore.

Anyway, please reply with your opinion on whether we should just implement the new attack page and do final settings after a set at full scale. Also, we will need some wars to happen to help test them as well so i hope some people will be up for some fun wars.

let me know

northbabylon
04-14-2011, 20:59
i say, lets go for it...if it don't work than we can hold it off...what if we had a brief 2 week set or something since its such a large change?

Mr President
04-14-2011, 21:03
2 week set won't work.. We need to have a full set. It will be an interesting set i can tell ya that lol.. Everyone will be learning everything all over again. Which honestly has me the most happy.. We need a big mix up in the game :-)

rabbitt
04-14-2011, 21:28
im just a newbie here so learning is all i have done so far.

for the vets here that would be up to them. how can i know something since i may not have learned yet lol :think:::think::

MAGGIO
04-14-2011, 21:45
just go ahead.

Dogma
04-14-2011, 21:46
I say we go for it... We can't do anything worse than go back if it doesn't work. I am all for it.

Disorder
04-14-2011, 23:14
Go for it! I would like to try it in real time! :thumbup:

Decimus Brutus
04-14-2011, 23:28
Is Legend's Calc still gonna work with new attacks?

Devil
04-14-2011, 23:32
no it wont....

i say we go for it and tweak it from there. Ill be bored this weekend so ill try to do some testing and offer advice

Ragnar
04-15-2011, 03:09
2 week set won't work.. We need to have a full set.

If it gives out two turns every 10 minutes instead of one turn, two weeks would give out the same number of turns as a normal round, with just the number of bonus turns being less. aka a fun speed round.

Soviet Russia
04-15-2011, 03:47
i am already noobish with current calculations anyway:P

Max Logan
04-15-2011, 04:35
I still stand by what I said. It`s to easy to decimate a state with the new attacks. I know you tweaked them down, but I think you should a little more.

And while you`re at it, fix the spies. Yesterday I failed twice with 2.7m spies against 0.7m spies both level 1! Thanks :p

Xavior
04-15-2011, 04:50
Yesterday I failed twice with 2.7m spies against 0.7m spies both level 1! Thanks :p

Sounds about right.

RIGHT TNOVA??

Soviet Russia
04-15-2011, 08:14
I still stand by what I said. It`s to easy to decimate a state with the new attacks. I know you tweaked them down, but I think you should a little more.

And while you`re at it, fix the spies. Yesterday I failed twice with 2.7m spies against 0.7m spies both level 1! Thanks :p

Yes, the random percent is very high

Mr President
04-15-2011, 16:40

It will be tweaked down again and be more in line. There is still work to be done on them before it goes in the main game next set. I was just checking to see if you all will be cool with doing the final testing in the main game.

Spies will be worked on... Just can't promise by next set :( We'll see.

Max Logan
04-15-2011, 18:46
Spies will be worked on... Just can't promise by next set :( We'll see.

Someone`s keeping you busy.... :p

totte
04-15-2011, 18:48
changes for the win :)

Max Logan
04-16-2011, 02:51
even with dramatic changes, you ain`t gonna win! :p

BladeEWG
04-16-2011, 08:03
Change is good, do it.
You'll never make everyone happy so take your best shot and let it sort itself out.

Divine Intervention
04-16-2011, 09:41
we have changes? what are they apart from 200 turn restarts? haven't been paying much attention.

Max Logan
04-16-2011, 13:12
don`t bother yourself reading...

Divine Intervention
04-17-2011, 10:11
don`t bother yourself reading...

don't bother yourself being useful.... I have work to do. Don't have time to browse all the forums to know where all the new threads and news are. Nor does the first post have all the information in one place. Maybe if the main recruiters of players (IUH:::) were better informed after being away instead of receiving posts like yours things would be better. :spam:::think::

Max Logan
04-17-2011, 12:57
its the same thread and it`s just 2-3 posts...nothing you can`t do in 5 mins

Divine Intervention
04-17-2011, 13:24
its the same thread and it`s just 2-3 posts...nothing you can`t do in 5 mins

can't you be more useful rather than posting this :think:: details details. "new attack being worked on" (1st post) is so ambiguous. If you can't be of more help (nothing you can't do in 1minute vs my 5minutes) I dont see why you're bothering to reply. When I do take the 30seconds to look at this forum i mostly dont even bother to login so dont see the threads that might be active about discussing it. seriously Max, stop trying to be smart & difficult!

Max Logan
04-17-2011, 15:21
I`m not trying, I am smart. It`s not a matter of try, for me at least. I`m just stating the obvious, instead of making a post 'we have changes?' and 'I haven`t been paying attention', why not actually heed my advice and sacrifice 5 minutes to 'pay attention'? just an unwise suggestion. well, if it`s not a great ordeal for you, that is!

Divine Intervention
04-18-2011, 03:09
I`m not trying, I am smart. It`s not a matter of try, for me at least. I`m just stating the obvious, instead of making a post 'we have changes?' and 'I haven`t been paying attention', why not actually heed my advice and sacrifice 5 minutes to 'pay attention'? just an unwise suggestion. well, if it`s not a great ordeal for you, that is!

because im too busy to keep upto date with forums and got too much work to do to read back threads. well if you think this is the best way to keep members - good day to you sir :tongue::

oh and i see one change hasn't happened - you quitting being an *** ;)

Max Logan
04-18-2011, 10:29
you don`t have 5 mins? ok...