PDA

View Full Version : Market Crisis 2011

Mr President
05-04-2011, 21:11
The market looks bad this set. Some USA members are converting to indy to help ease it a little but it won't help much.

It's going to be a tough set..

BeeNo
05-04-2011, 21:24
does this mean i have to stop messaging you my market woes? :(

Cemetary
05-04-2011, 21:57
need a few more farmers too.. how can i buy low priced food and sell high if theres none on market? :/

Ragnar
05-04-2011, 22:33
So last round there was too many indy players and every thing sold too cheap. This round there's not enough...for you non-indy players!!!!!! Great for us indy players! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Do us all a favor and speed up the market wait to 2-4 hours!!! *hint* I got 3,000,000 Infantry that would love to be sold...if it ever get's to market!!!!

It's going to be a tough set..

Except for us indy players that can produce all the stuff we want. http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif er, tell your players to convert back to being a casher!!!! The less market competition the better!!!!!

Clowntown
05-04-2011, 23:21
oh 3 mill inf that i already have the price undercut .. and am selling 6 mill units of?

naa just kidding... well about the 6 mill part anyway

*runs*

Ragnar
05-05-2011, 01:58
Ack...looks like you need to get a few members to convert to farming!!!

Edit: I LOVE this so called 'Market Crisis.' When you got Infantry on the market, it doesn't even last very long before it get's snatched up!!!

Now, can some one be so kind as to post a bunch of food!!

Ragnar
05-16-2011, 04:07
Can some one wake the farmers up??!!! *hint*

Disorder
05-16-2011, 10:28
No food on the market... ugh!

Max Logan
05-16-2011, 14:03
Can some one wake the farmers up??!!! *hint*

why should famers sell food? why lose money???

Lord Burch
05-16-2011, 21:56
Isn't the point of the Black Market to make up for lack of food in Public Market?

I mean, what other reason should there be a Black Market?

The point is to make sure there are supplies when they have fallen short!

Just stop complaining and get on the Black Market bandwagon already! :p

Ragnar
05-17-2011, 01:04
why should famers sell food? why lose money???

How would they lose money when they can sell it for the max price??!!!

Cemetary
05-17-2011, 06:41
i hate the market this set

just lost 13b from a ****ing economic downturn bull****

not to mention this

SA True Prototype(#65)[CR] 400k infantry breaks(#22)[TC] 463 Land / 462 Buildings, $1.963.353.205, 5.317 Food 07:42:22-2011/05/17
SA five for fighting(#83)[LoR] 400k infantry breaks(#22)[TC] 639 Land / 638 Buildings, $627.404.018, 5.371 Food 02:40:44-2011/05/17
SA five for fighting(#83)[LoR] 400k infantry breaks(#22)[TC] 1.038 Land / 1.037 Buildings, $646.808.266, 5.425 Food 02:39:46-2011/05/17
SA Phineas(#37)[LoR] 400k infantry breaks(#22)[TC] 1.132 Land / 1.130 Buildings, 1.279.265 Food 01:10:42-2011/05/17
SA Hypik(#56)[Sky] 400k infantry breaks(#22)[TC] 317 Land / 317 Buildings, $326.340.002, 1.109.177 Food 04:25:56-2011/05/16

2,404,555 food lost
in just 5 sas :/

Ragnar
05-17-2011, 10:44
I just switched over to farmer. 74.000.000 are on the way to the market...but won't be there very long!!!

Max Logan
05-17-2011, 10:44
lmao, 2b? how much you have on hands? sotcking indy is suicide this set

Max Logan
05-17-2011, 10:45
How would they lose money when they can sell it for the max price??!!!

every attack you lose a ****load of cash. you always lose less food in money then pure money

Cemetary
05-17-2011, 16:55
lmao, 2b? how much you have on hands? sotcking indy is suicide this set

probably like 60b

yea i know but im trying to test something out, the market this set sucks for it but we will see how it goes

BeeNo
05-17-2011, 18:22
max price sales, sounds like ideal stocking conditions to me :P

just need to be ready to catch those sales as they hit the market or you could get burned for some big losses.

Calvin74
05-17-2011, 18:51
max price sales, sounds like ideal stocking conditions to me :P

just need to be ready to catch those sales as they hit the market or you could get burned for some big losses.

these are the worst stocking conditions

there is nothing you can stock...
stuff can sell and that is great but that is the opposite of stocking:P
this is just like several months ago when farmers hoarded food till the end... if you could make it so that so much money WASN'T lost in attacks it wouldn't be this way but we lose an obscene amount of cash in every grab on us...
same for food but at half the rate...

Ragnar
05-17-2011, 19:48
every attack you lose a ****load of cash. you always lose less food in money then pure money

People need to simply learn how to play with out attacking!!! Until I switched over yesterday, I was in the top 10 during just about the whole round, and I've only attacked about...ONCE this whole round!!!!!!! On my last turn used, I got $75,851,200 worth of food, before taxes. No money lost there.

sotcking indy is suicide this set

That's exactly why I just switched, to stay away from the black market! The black market is a crummy place to get food!!!!!

Calvin74
05-17-2011, 23:16
People need to simply learn how to play with out attacking!!! Until I switched over yesterday, I was in the top 10 during just about the whole round, and I've only attacked about...ONCE this whole round!!!!!!! On my last turn used, I got $75,851,200 worth of food, before taxes. No money lost there.

That's exactly why I just switched, to stay away from the black market! The black market is a crummy place to get food!!!!!

people need to learn how to balance expenses on their states as well

you should join CR for a set and see what a farmer is really best at:P

Cemetary
05-18-2011, 00:42
People need to simply learn how to play with out attacking!!! Until I switched over yesterday, I was in the top 10 during just about the whole round, and I've only attacked about...ONCE this whole round!!!!!!!

i havent made one attack this set

BeeNo
05-18-2011, 01:21
these are the worst stocking conditions

there is nothing you can stock...
stuff can sell and that is great but that is the opposite of stocking:P
this is just like several months ago when farmers hoarded food till the end... if you could make it so that so much money WASN'T lost in attacks it wouldn't be this way but we lose an obscene amount of cash in every grab on us...
same for food but at half the rate...

no, there is simply more than one way to stock. stocking to end of month you will exceed the bank. obviously its not good to just leave excess money on hand. but other than food, there is simply nothing you can buy to resell later in the month.

its quite simple. stock to fill you bank then you have options. some people like to jump. some people like to keep max bank and start growing. either buy up at an opportune time or just save that bank so you don't have to make sales the last couple days of the month.

point is when i talk about stocking i'm talking about all of those strategies, not just your bite lip and take the food losses so you don't have to jump strategy.

BeeNo
05-18-2011, 01:27
in fact most months its there is either too much food or too little food. so often times when your able to buy food on the market all month to stock past 50bil bank its worthless because it won't sell at the end.

its very hard to find that food sweet spot with just enough players.

Ragnar
05-18-2011, 07:08
I'll try farmer next month. I'm thinking of doing it until I got 50 billion in the bank and have a *ton* of extra food, and then do what I did here and switch strategies over to indy...if there are enough other farmers to provide food!

er, we still need more farmers this round. Each time I put food on the market, it takes just one person to buy it all!!!! Heck, at this rate I'll probably have 50 billion in the bank by the end of the week!!! er, the bank cap should be increased!!

Calvin74
05-18-2011, 14:11
in fact most months its there is either too much food or too little food. so often times when your able to buy food on the market all month to stock past 50bil bank its worthless because it won't sell at the end.

its very hard to find that food sweet spot with just enough players.

this is true
but i think it lies with too many indies in normal sets. we have started having too many farmers recently since people have been copying CRs strat...

also our strat has proven to be more effective than any other strat that involves stocking except sit at the top spot and stock:P

Cemetary
05-18-2011, 19:48
this is true
but i think it lies with too many indies in normal sets. we have started having too many farmers recently since people have been copying CRs strat...

also our strat has proven to be more effective than any other strat that involves stocking except sit at the top spot and stock:P

i guess ill hafta see if my indy stocking without attacking outjumps your farmer stocking method :p

Calvin74
05-18-2011, 20:18
i guess ill hafta see if my indy stocking without attacking outjumps your farmer stocking method :p

right now if you have a max bank you are roughly even with me and chris
not sure about max and you are behind our other player...

Cemetary
05-18-2011, 21:09
right now if you have a max bank you are roughly even with me and chris
not sure about max and you are behind our other player...

thats what happens when i lose 20 billion within an hour

Calvin74
05-18-2011, 22:57
thats what happens when i lose 20 billion within an hour

yeah we experimented with indies last set and the are really strong but need more micromanaging you should have played in our tag this set:P

BeeNo
05-19-2011, 01:59
one of my favorite stocking months in recent years was a farmer convert to indy.

i had been farmer at start of month, but there were just way too many of them. we discussed possibly going farm wars and taking out the competition but in the end decided to just convert to indy. i had been able to accumulate enough food at start of the month that i didn't have to buy food up from the market. there also was enough excess on the market that i could safely post goods on market and withdraw them once they fell below the 7.5%.

anyways this allowed me to stock well beyond the 50bil bank fairly easily and at the end of the month i simply withdrew packages of food from the market when needed.

of course i lost ground when i converted to indy and food was already selling cheaply that month so it wasn't a huge advantage, but it was a fun stocking set all in all.

Cemetary
05-19-2011, 05:42
yeah we experimented with indies last set and the are really strong but need more micromanaging you should have played in our tag this set:P

yea, on a good food market i love stocking indy but this set is just a pain in the butt

Divine Intervention
05-21-2011, 16:08
havent read all thread but I warned people last set that there would be a food shortage because an awesome supply of it (my friend & I) were no longer gonna be playing!

BeeNo
05-21-2011, 23:28
there are enough farmers, its just calvin and CR are doing their delayed jumping strategy again lol!!!

:(

Ragnar
05-21-2011, 23:31
Current Balance: $50.000.000.000

That was freaking fast!!! Just took four days to get $50 billion!!! er, I guess this is where I start bombing myself with ships as I sell food!!!

er Divine, are you two playing next round??!!! Looks like we all need you two!!! I don't provide enough food to cover every one!!!

Salabanzi
05-22-2011, 05:20
That was freaking fast!!! Just took four days to get $50 billion!!! er, I guess this is where I start bombing myself with ships as I sell food!!!

er Divine, are you two playing next round??!!! Looks like we all need you two!!! I don't provide enough food to cover every one!!!

Dont worry on the last days there will be enough food to cover everyone so u dont have sell at all :)
Beeno is right, were having so called delayed jumping strategy what I would call jumping at the right time into good place strategy.

kanman
05-22-2011, 19:12
I say we all boycott food from the public market. The black market may be more expensive but it is so much more convenient. Teach those public markets a lesson for withholding food on us all the time.

BeeNo
05-22-2011, 19:35
i was thinking about that kanman :P

in the end i didn't think it was worth upsetting the glorious calvin!!!

Max Logan
05-23-2011, 01:01
there`s about 4b food just waiting to be sold :p

Salabanzi
05-23-2011, 04:33
Well im not selling food because theres no ships on the pm and Im quite sure I have to buy most of my stuff from black market.

BeeNo
05-23-2011, 05:33
haha, hope thats not total max :P

Max Logan
05-23-2011, 06:52
haha, hope thats not total max :P

I was speaking of CR :p

Calvin74
05-23-2011, 10:29
I was speaking of CR :p

by my math CR should put between 6-10bil food on the market when we destock

the ways this can be changed is if you make it so there is a higher cap or no cap on the bank... so you don't lose so much money in a landgrab... or so that there is a benefit to growing...

Calvin74
05-23-2011, 10:31
I say we all boycott food from the public market. The black market may be more expensive but it is so much more convenient. Teach those public markets a lesson for withholding food on us all the time.

you can try to organize that but LoR is gonna finish low enough in tnw with those top states that you need all the help you can get:P
what you should be doing is storing turns till you see our food on the market and then playing a lot of your turns on PM food:)

BeeNo
05-23-2011, 16:58
would be better, but someone deleted for really no reason a few days ago. i believe it was 7 days left in month and he had a solid 110million. silly people, if all he did was nothing for the rest of the month it would of been nice.

Ragnar
05-24-2011, 00:17
Well im not selling food because theres no ships on the pmt.

With the way the market has been this round...nearly empty, I don't think there'll be a single day over the next four days where ships will be very easy to find!!

Mack
05-24-2011, 02:08
Hi,all time viewer,first time poster here, but just wondering if there's a way to make Farming a more lucrative business, so the Industrialist and Bankers don't starve to death? ....:tongue::

Devil
05-24-2011, 02:37
farmer is very lucrative... they are starving us on purpose so they can stock longer...

Clowntown
05-24-2011, 03:49
i just had 10 Mil ships sell in a single shot....

that might be enough for me to buy whatever food i need off the BM an dkeep the rest

Ragnar
05-24-2011, 04:27
just wondering if there's a way to make Farming a more lucrative business, so the Industrialist and Bankers don't starve to death? ....:tongue::

Increasing the bank cap to...100 billion would do it...or even better, removing the cap!!!!

Max Logan
05-24-2011, 05:46
i just had 10 Mil ships sell in a single shot....

that might be enough for me to buy whatever food i need off the BM an dkeep the rest

10m ships is rather nothing, to be honest

Bright
05-24-2011, 12:57
I wonder who's making and buying all of those bombers. It figures that the one set I'm not thinking about messing with them at all, there's a ridiculous amount on the pm. :think::

Xavior
05-24-2011, 13:18
SKY's NA has almost 100m bombers.

Salabanzi
05-24-2011, 13:26
I wonder who's making and buying all of those bombers. It figures that the one set I'm not thinking about messing with them at all, there's a ridiculous amount on the pm. :think::
I've seen also some huge amount bombers on pm and I've also seen them vanish quite quickly :P Seems like I have to buy them myself next time :D

Bright
05-24-2011, 13:34
These are things I need to know before settling in a nation, haha. :blink:

Mr President
05-24-2011, 20:54
farmer is very lucrative... they are starving us on purpose so they can stock longer...

I will personally purchase from the BM for the rest of the set. All Indy states should sell on the BM as well to keep the farmer nations from being able to jump. Why should we suffer and go hungry so they can jump to the scores they want.

If farmers want to hold out on me then I will hold my military units from them! HA!!!

Everyone else should do the same. Might as well call this set what it is which is a waste.. So why should we help those who purposely starve us, our children, our families...

Bright
05-24-2011, 21:32
This actually sounds like a really good plan, albeit amusing. Now how many others besides me and Mr. P will hold out on buying pm food for the remainder of the set?

Calvin74
05-24-2011, 22:50
I will personally purchase from the BM for the rest of the set. All Indy states should sell on the BM as well to keep the farmer nations from being able to jump. Why should we suffer and go hungry so they can jump to the scores they want.

If farmers want to hold out on me then I will hold my military units from them! HA!!!

Everyone else should do the same. Might as well call this set what it is which is a waste.. So why should we help those who purposely starve us, our children, our families...

well it seems like you guys are the only ones:P
i personally watched 3bil food sell in under 4 hours today:P
i have no doubt that any more food that hits the market will sell instead of people taking a 20% hit on their end networth....

i do think this set proves even more that strats need to be tweaked and big changes need to take place...

ETA

although your holding out of military units will hurt pretty bad:P
but i think the farmer situation is vastly different than the indy situation
indies are ONLY helped by their military selling
farmers can be quite handicapped

BeeNo
05-24-2011, 22:59
i don't know if i agree with that calvin, i think the strats are fairly balanced. biggest problem right now is simply player count.

i don't want to ruin your fun, but i'm still not sold on your delayed jumping strategy in terms of food lost vs military lost from delaying the jump.

the only time i can see it really helping is if there are too many farmers in a month, because it reduces amount of food sold. but there are alot of other factors into it, such as tax and tech. i just feel i usually do a decent job of selecting grabs and jumping even on bad or no NA coverage i can acquire more land and finish stronger.

Ragnar
05-25-2011, 03:08

*disclaimer: I'm a Farmer n00bie.*

Is there any reason for us to actually sell food right now when our bank account's at the max and there's nothing but Military for us to buy?? If we sell now, we either got a lot of cash that's out of the bank that can be lost if we get attacked, or we then buy Military...and then have a higher per turn Expense for the last few days of the round instead of just the last one or two days of the round. The game gives us *no* incentive to put food on the market, but every incentive to not put it on the market now. Now if there was no bank cap, we would have no reason to keep the food off the market and you guys would have food!!!!

Like maybe have no bank cap, but place a 2% daily bank fee on all money over $50 billion.

Xavior
05-25-2011, 03:36
Blame SKY for not selling ships :p

Max Logan
05-25-2011, 07:47
Blame SKY for not selling ships :p

what he said!!! :o

Mr President
05-25-2011, 10:45
*disclaimer: I'm a Farmer n00bie.*

Is there any reason for us to actually sell food right now when our bank account's at the max and there's nothing but Military for us to buy?? If we sell now, we either got a lot of cash that's out of the bank that can be lost if we get attacked, or we then buy Military...and then have a higher per turn Expense for the last few days of the round instead of just the last one or two days of the round. The game gives us *no* incentive to put food on the market, but every incentive to not put it on the market now. Now if there was no bank cap, we would have no reason to keep the food off the market and you guys would have food!!!!

Like maybe have no bank cap, but place a 2% daily bank fee on all money over $50 billion.

Hmmm Interesting idea having a fee for having over 50b in the bank..

Max Logan
05-25-2011, 13:40

2% is heavy, to be honest...
imagine paying 2b a day for 2 weeks.

Devil
05-25-2011, 14:32

worst idea ever.

I you have money banked you should earn interest... not pay a penalty

BeeNo
05-25-2011, 14:59
well your face is the worst idea ever!

SNAP!

Salabanzi
05-25-2011, 16:08
imagine paying 2b a day for 2 weeks.
Kinda heavy yes, but still cheaper then holding money or food on hand.I have lost 207m of food in last 72 hours I would say that is hardcore :/

KelpKris
05-25-2011, 16:20
The problem I see here is that people are trying to change the game around them rather than changing their playing tactics. :D

BeeNo
05-25-2011, 18:03
me and kris are in agreement!

Calvin74
05-25-2011, 18:19
The problem I see here is that people are trying to change the game around them rather than changing their playing tactics. :D

so what if it is people that are playing the game the way it was originally built but was changed due to others whining:P

Ragnar
05-25-2011, 18:22
If you have money banked you should earn interest... not pay a penalty

But this would be much better than not being allowed to have the money there in the first place. And the first 50 billion could be fee free!!!

I wasn't sure about 1% or 2%, and went for 2% thinking most people might think 1% a day was too low. I'll gladly vote for 1%!

Calvin74
05-25-2011, 18:48
But this would be much better than not being allowed to have the money there in the first place. And the first 50 billion could be fee free!!!

I wasn't sure about 1% or 2%, and went for 2% thinking most people might think 1% a day was too low. I'll gladly vote for 1%!

i just want to point out that if a farmer "noob" as you claim to be recognizes the problem that should show that more than just CR thinks there is a problem....

you could also say that it is because farmer and indy are TOO strong
casher can't hold a candle to it and techer is even farther behind casher...

Bright
05-25-2011, 20:20
well your face is the worst idea ever!

SNAP!

Best comeback ever to the worst idea ever? :thumbup:

Devil
05-25-2011, 20:33
Best comeback ever to the worst idea ever? :thumbup:
i hate you both

Mr President
05-25-2011, 21:28
i just want to point out that if a farmer "noob" as you claim to be recognizes the problem that should show that more than just CR thinks there is a problem....

you could also say that it is because farmer and indy are TOO strong

Casher was adjusted this set. Due to the market issues it will be harder to tell how it stands up against the others now.

Devil I wouldn't say it was the worst idea ever. I kinda like the idea but also think it should be tweaked. In the forums you pay a fee to remove money from your bank.... Besides I didn't say it was going to happen I said it was an interesting idea. :)~

Calvin74
05-25-2011, 22:17
Casher was adjusted this set. Due to the market issues it will be harder to tell how it stands up against the others now.

Devil I wouldn't say it was the worst idea ever. I kinda like the idea but also think it should be tweaked. In the forums you pay a fee to remove money from your bank.... Besides I didn't say it was going to happen I said it was an interesting idea. :)~

i will also be interested to see how casher works next set since i think there will be more farmers and indies
i still think it will be weak but moving in the right direction...
i would say it needs to be made stronger and the bonus for cashing turns needs to be reduced, but that is just one idea

that bank idea could work and could make things interesting... as for the forums maybe that is the reason most people don't use the bank:P
i would suggest maybe having tiered plans like real life. for the 1st 50 bil you aren't taxed. for the next 50 bil you are taxed at .5% and for anything over that you are taxed and 1-2%...

Ragnar
05-26-2011, 14:50

the bonus for cashing turns needs to be reduced

One post looks like cashers have too much of a boost. The other one looks like they need a bigger boost to match farmers and indy!

A simple solution for tech is us being able to buy our own tech and give ourselves those increases, along with nations doing it. *ducks* Earth Empires clone.*ducks*

In the forums you pay a fee to remove money from your bank....

That would generate a big disadvantage to us supporters, since money goes right in the bank. We would be forced to pay a fee on ALL money that we get from the market (Triple taxation!!!!!!), and the non-supporters would be able to spend it with out it touching the bank!!!!!

Max Logan
05-26-2011, 16:02
That would generate a big disadvantage to us supporters, since money goes right in the bank. We would be forced to pay a fee on ALL money that we get from the market (Triple taxation!!!!!!), and the non-supporters would be able to spend it with out it touching the bank!!!!!

mmm, no. the only ones that are double taxed are Indies, so unless you`re stocking indy, I don`t see triple taxing. besides, it`s not gonna be 20% per action

BeeNo
05-26-2011, 17:15
One post looks like cashers have too much of a boost. The other one looks like they need a bigger boost to match farmers and indy!

yea calvin is confusing like that :P but what he's suggesting is improving what cashers normally make per turn, but at the same time reduce the bonus they receive when using the "cash turns" feature. which currently adds a 75% bonus to income.

currently, indy's produce more than cashers per turn normally, but cashers produce more than indy's when they "cash turns". calvin is suggesting tweaking these numbers a little bit.

Max Logan
05-26-2011, 17:16
yeah, I was confused by him at first too, but then I guess, I got used to it :p

Calvin74
05-26-2011, 17:30
hey it all makes sense to me in my head!!!

Ragnar
05-27-2011, 18:16

:confused: There's 1,396,250,000 food on the market!!! There's plenty of food for every one!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif Of course it's not from me. I jumped yesterday just so I wouldn't have to sell it so cheaply!

Ragnar
05-30-2011, 22:31
Any one wanna guess what the market will be like next round with the major attack changes??

Testing and war next round = More players might want to just create all of there own military, while a few might stay on casher, due to the last rounds change.

I'm guessing there will be no shortage in indy, but it might eventually have a shortage in farming, once we start hoarding the food until the end of the round due to the bank cap.