PDA

View Full Version : NW to Land Ratio (with attack stats)

Calvin74
05-27-2011, 00:51
These are my stats Total Land: 19.590 Networth: $141.070.948
This doesn't take into account the 400+ turns I will miss by jumping early
I am mostly posting this to show how it is all about using your land and turns correctly. I know that 141m nw won't be top ten (although I have shown that this exact strat will get top ten easily if pushed hard enough). There is a very fine line between how high you get in networth and how high your expenses are... Your actual gross income is almost completely irrelevant if you balance out how much you are spending. This is the core of my strategy.

It actually works better if you play it at a little higher nw than i did but i stayed under 3m nw ALL set and you can see my grabs and things below...

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 45
Amount of Successful Attacks 43
Amount of Failed Attacks 2
Out of these attacks you made:
45 Standard Attacks
0 Ground Attacks
0 Air Attacks
0 Amphibious Assault
0 Bombing Runs
Spy Operations 60
Successful Spy Operations 43
Failed Spy Operations 17
Out of these Spy ops you made:
58 Obtain State Info Ops
0 Military Espionage Ops
0 Bomb Structures Ops
0 Attack Intelligence Centers Ops
0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
0 Genocide Ops
0 Razing Ops
2 Inside trade information Ops
0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
0 Infiltrate Research Labs Ops
0 Infiltrate Government Ops
Times you have been Attacked 82
Attacks you Successfully Defended 8
Amount of Kills 0
Your Largest Landgrab 1.905

Ragnar
05-27-2011, 01:49
How much money did you have to keep out of the bank to get your NW that high?? I just went from $37.164.107 NW to $86.532.351 NW from using the black market to get ships, spending about $70 billion total.

And I think this strategy also works way better when the public market actually has ships on sale and you don't have to touch the black market.

Next round I'll be a farmer.

Max Logan
05-27-2011, 02:29
with the banked 50b you can get around 38m net from BM

kanman
05-27-2011, 03:04
1 billion cash gets about .8 mill net in ships from black market.

But yeah, farmer is ridiculous if you stock in the middle of the ranks and make good land grabs. The increase in land expanding definitely helped stocking farmer the most. This round was a bit difficult to stock w/o much food on the market but still farmer is a better stocker in these conditions than casher or indy.

I kind of like the balance between casher/indy/farmer now, but we have to get techer back in the mix. Techer used to be best for early stocking but idk if that's true anymore.

Edit* I just got an idea for techer. What if a bank option was only open to techer, like you can research 20 billion dollars worth of tech directly into banking and then you have an unlimited bank and you're free to convert to something else afterward if you wish. I think techer convert to farmer would be a very interesting strat to see if you can make that 20 billion investment worth it.

Bright
05-27-2011, 10:15
Back when Dave was still around, he had some techer convert strats that worked really well. The catch there though was that there were a lot more nations, and the market for tech was really fluid- you could count on getting a sale at a high price above 2550 early to spring up your upgrades and then begin grabbing to boost your stocking. Now the tech market moves glacially slow if there's more than 3 techers in the game at any one time. Just a consequence of time I guess.

BeeNo
05-27-2011, 12:55
1 billion cash gets about .8 mill net in ships from black market.

But yeah, farmer is ridiculous if you stock in the middle of the ranks and make good land grabs. The increase in land expanding definitely helped stocking farmer the most. This round was a bit difficult to stock w/o much food on the market but still farmer is a better stocker in these conditions than casher or indy.

I kind of like the balance between casher/indy/farmer now, but we have to get techer back in the mix. Techer used to be best for early stocking but idk if that's true anymore.

Edit* I just got an idea for techer. What if a bank option was only open to techer, like you can research 20 billion dollars worth of tech directly into banking and then you have an unlimited bank and you're free to convert to something else afterward if you wish. I think techer convert to farmer would be a very interesting strat to see if you can make that 20 billion investment worth it.

i really like this techer idea! i think price might need to be fiddled with, but the techer bank expanding would be cool, making techer a little more fun to use with a stocking state. but as blight mentioned, more than 3 people use it and it doesn't sell very fast. so the main problem is with consumption i believe.

instead of making it a money thing, you could make it a state tech. where states could expand their bank by purchasing tech. that would be another approach.

Nat22
05-27-2011, 16:32
instead of making it a money thing, you could make it a state tech. where states could expand their bank by purchasing tech. that would be another approach.

I think that's a really good idea. Making tech useful for not just nations but also states should be something that is seriously considered for implementation. Not only will it solve a problem for stocking states but makes the techer strat a more viable strat all together, possibly even removing the need for converting to another?
Say if states had their own tech centre as well as nations having a seperate one, not only could you have banking tech, you could introduce other things which could boost states potential in other areas. These could obviously be implemented at later dates as they are thought of and agreed.
For the banking tech, having an amount that you need to reach to expand your bank to certain levels, for example (just an example cos i'm not great with numbers and how much this would cost) 100k science gives you a 5million expansion to the bank, 200k - 10 million, 500k - 25 million. There should be a max amount the bank that can be expanded to. Which could be adjusted, depending on member count and how it ends up affecting the game.

Cemetary
05-27-2011, 17:44
These are my stats Total Land: 19.590 Networth: $141.070.948
This doesn't take into account the 400+ turns I will miss by jumping early
I am mostly posting this to show how it is all about using your land and turns correctly. I know that 141m nw won't be top ten (although I have shown that this exact strat will get top ten easily if pushed hard enough). There is a very fine line between how high you get in networth and how high your expenses are... Your actual gross income is almost completely irrelevant if you balance out how much you are spending. This is the core of my strategy.

Land: 35.597 Networth: $175.062.953

I did stocking indy this set trying an expand only approach. Without many farmers it hurt me alot since i couldnt stock food so i had a TON of money on hand quite a few times. I lost around 40-50b+ from attacks and economic cooldowns. Here's my attack stats:

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 0
Amount of Successful Attacks 0
Amount of Failed Attacks 0
Out of these attacks you made: 0 Standard Attacks
0 Ground Attacks
0 Air Attacks
0 Amphibious Assault
0 Bombing Runs
Spy Operations 0
Successful Spy Operations 0
Failed Spy Operations 0
Out of these Spy ops you made: 0 Obtain State Info Ops
0 Military Espionage Ops
0 Bomb Structures Ops
0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
0 Genocide Ops
0 Razing Ops
0 Inside trade information Ops
0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
Times you have been Attacked 90
Attacks you Successfully Defended 0
Amount of Kills 0

Calvin74
05-27-2011, 18:19
I think that's a really good idea. Making tech useful for not just nations but also states should be something that is seriously considered for implementation. Not only will it solve a problem for stocking states but makes the techer strat a more viable strat all together, possibly even removing the need for converting to another?
Say if states had their own tech centre as well as nations having a seperate one, not only could you have banking tech, you could introduce other things which could boost states potential in other areas. These could obviously be implemented at later dates as they are thought of and agreed.
For the banking tech, having an amount that you need to reach to expand your bank to certain levels, for example (just an example cos i'm not great with numbers and how much this would cost) 100k science gives you a 5million expansion to the bank, 200k - 10 million, 500k - 25 million. There should be a max amount the bank that can be expanded to. Which could be adjusted, depending on member count and how it ends up affecting the game.

i also like this idea and the numbers would need to be looked at but 1 thing that needs to be pointed out isn't that techer is really weak from a production stand point or market share it is that it is the only strat that DOESN'T receive a tech bonus so if techer and farmer make equal production than when farmer gets 165% tech it produces 165% more. techer can tech turns and get 175% production. this does give it a 10% higher production IF they tech all their turns. this leaves no turns for gaining land...

Ragnar
05-27-2011, 18:24
I did stocking indy this set trying an expand only approach. Without many farmers it hurt me alot since i couldnt stock food so i had a TON of money on hand quite a few times. I lost around 40-50b+ from attacks and economic cooldowns.

That's exactly what I did, but I then went to being a farmer when the market went to the dumps, just so I wouldn't have to live on the black market. Then I only sold food when I wouldn't have to worry about losing billions from getting attacked.

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 1
Amount of Successful Attacks 1
Amount of Failed Attacks 0
Out of these attacks you made: 1 Standard Attacks
0 Ground Attacks
0 Air Attacks
0 Amphibious Assault
0 Bombing Runs
Spy Operations 0
Successful Spy Operations 0
Failed Spy Operations 0
Out of these Spy ops you made: 0 Obtain State Info Ops
0 Military Espionage Ops
0 Bomb Structures Ops
0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
0 Genocide Ops
0 Razing Ops
0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
Times you have been Attacked 35
Attacks you Successfully Defended 5
Amount of Kills 0
Your Largest Landgrab 763

I ended with just

Networth: $95.188.233

though that's actually a *big* increase for my own personal NW record.

Max Logan
05-27-2011, 18:31
Why the hell did I do all those AAs and ARs is beyond me... still, I`ll get some 170m net, fun...

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 236
Amount of Successful Attacks 226
Amount of Failed Attacks 10
Out of these attacks you made:
145 Standard Attacks
0 Ground Attacks
14 Air Attacks
77 Amphibious Assault
0 Bombing Runs

Spy Operations 308
Successful Spy Operations 212
Failed Spy Operations 96
Out of these Spy ops you made:
224 Obtain State Info Ops
10 Military Espionage Ops
10 Bomb Structures Ops
0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
45 Sabotage Airbases Ops
0 Genocide Ops
0 Razing Ops
0 Infiltrate HQ Ops

Times you have been Attacked 134
Attacks you Successfully Defended 12
Amount of Kills 0

Your Largest Landgrab 6.283

Nat22
05-27-2011, 18:32
i also like this idea and the numbers would need to be looked at but 1 thing that needs to be pointed out isn't that techer is really weak from a production stand point or market share it is that it is the only strat that DOESN'T receive a tech bonus so if techer and farmer make equal production than when farmer gets 165% tech it produces 165% more. techer can tech turns and get 175% production. this does give it a 10% higher production IF they tech all their turns. this leaves no turns for gaining land...

i think i see what you mean, possibility for another state tech? or even something techer states could exchange for money?

if it was a state tech, maybe having a similar thing to what i suggested for the bank expansions, with set levels that if they invest certain amounts of their science their ability to produce more science when researching turns increases. say level 1 gives them 180%, 2 - 185% 3 - 190%. again obviously numbers would have to be tested. but this could give them the boost, yet means they still do have turns left for gaining land.

i guess similar if they paid for it with the money they produce from science sales, then a certain amount for level 1, 2 and 3 - similar to upgrading units?

just ideas, but worth thinking about in my opinion.

Ragnar
05-27-2011, 23:24
Here's what the military looked like after the round ended.

http://forums.nation-wars.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=262&stc=1&d=1306549327

Unless it's ships, spies, and infantry...it's pretty useless!!!!!!

While I think the land chart looks like there should of been no shortage of stuff, except maybe food!!

Building Statistics
Land Built: 97% (1.986.178/2.050.787)
Commercial Zones: 20% (405.845)
Residential Zones: 28% (559.231)
Industrial Zones: 37% (734.925)
Farming Zones: 13% (255.441)
Science Facilities: 1% (10.516) lol...the Science strategy is dead!!!!
Construction Sites: 1% (20.220)

BeeNo
05-28-2011, 03:11
the techer strategy functions as a conversion strategy, tech has never sold well end of month because all nations max out technology before then.

at the start of the month when all nation techs are low, it has the highest yields in production. but as nations begin to beef up on tech it starts to fall behind.

not sure on the idea of adding a "techer tech", but i do like adding a state tech to increase the bank. or even making it a nation tech if need be. this would give increased use of technology improving the techer strat, add a little more incentive to states looking to start techer and convert, while also giving the options to increase banks for stockers.

Cemetary
05-28-2011, 08:45
the techer strategy functions as a conversion strategy, tech has never sold well end of month because all nations max out technology before then.

at the start of the month when all nation techs are low, it has the highest yields in production. but as nations begin to beef up on tech it starts to fall behind.

takes a one man state less than a week to have max tech for the set :/

Bright
05-28-2011, 16:25
Maybe increasing the amount of tech to reach a given percentage in relation to land would help a bit? Or introducing a small daily decay rate (.5-1%) in addition to the current formula would make there be a need for more tech?