PDA

View Full Version : Missle Users

Bright
06-12-2011, 17:02
I'm curious, how are they working out for you all this set? Are you using them routinely in attacks, or saving them for war purposes? They seem like the air version of tanks in terms of stats to me. :D

Mr President
06-12-2011, 19:47
I was going to ask the same question.. That and how people lime the new attacks and also their opinion on the little boost cashed got.. Any feedback?

czarcris
06-13-2011, 03:48
Missiles A Strong unit offensively. Missiles are used to destroy buildings, kill population and lower the enemies readiness. (via the manual)

1 / ZU-232 AA Gun 3.35 $0.1 0.0012 0.36

1 / S25-Berkut 3 $0.1 0.001 0.32

now im not an indy so i dont know from a production stand point, but i think calvin ran the numbers for them and it wasnt great, but according to their strength and looking at the prices on the market....how can we claim that these are a very strong military unit??? they are over double the cost of an agm on the market, like i said not sure about production but their strength looks nowhere near that of an agm which is its opposition outside of SA's... (Missile Strike (MS) This attack uses Missiles vs SAMs. If the Strike is successful you will destroy a percentage of the enemies buildings and population while also lowering their readiness levels.---via the manual)

just seems a little misleading to me from the manual.... and not sure adding this unit has added a lot to or changed the game much.

although on a side note i did get a good kick out of killing someone yesterday that was trying out the new attacks on me and a lot of others i had seen this set!!! ;)
and thanks again for the help Mr. P!!! :)

BeeNo
06-13-2011, 18:41
well here's my opinion!

i feel like adding another unit to the game with a small player base makes it even more difficult to find the goods you need. I have to upgrade nearly every unit in the game just to get defense, if i want to be able to attack i have to upgrade even more.

i think this favors farmers/indy states who don't need to spend turns cashing/teching. essentially thats another 35 turns of lowered production for each new unit you need to upgrade.

i'm enjoying the casher boost, not sure if its overpowered casher or not yet though. its hard to judge with the last few months having so many casher states to begin with.

i'm with ya either way mr. p, just wanted to give you my 2 cents.

Mr President
06-13-2011, 19:35
Well Missiles definitely need to be adjusted. I just needed a starting point for them and we will adjust each set till we get them in good shape. I think the cost is a little high.

One thing I am thinking about is lowering how many upgrades there are. With the units we have and the changes on the attacks, it does require a large amount of upgrades so maybe instead of 8 we should have 5 or 6???? Just a thought.

Personally I like having missiles in the game. Even with the low member count they still serve a purpose. We just need to tweak them a little more is all.

Also, bombers need to be lowered as well.. Across the board!

Lord Burch
06-13-2011, 19:39
I like it the way it is!

Mr President
06-13-2011, 21:17
how about the new drop down for attack selection? Like that better or worse than the buttons?

Calvin74
06-13-2011, 21:42
how about the new drop down for attack selection? Like that better or worse than the buttons?

i like it the way it is.
i liked the radio buttons when we had fewer attacks but with more attacks i think the page looks better and more streamlined!

also i think we should half the upgrades and only go to level 4 but maybe tweak how upgrades work with a timeline or something like that..

czarcris
06-13-2011, 23:26
The only thing about the drop down i have noticed while doing attacks....
once you do attacks and use the return to attack screen button it leaves it at the number of attacks you choose to do... (like 10) but it resets the attack you are doing back to SA's rather than say GA's if doing those attack types..

Ragnar
06-14-2011, 01:44
One thing I am thinking about is lowering how many upgrades there are. With the units we have and the changes on the attacks, it does require a large amount of upgrades so maybe instead of 8 we should have 5 or 6???? Just a thought.

But keep the random bonuses...and *GREATLY* increase the odds of getting them!!!! I have yet to ever get a bonus upgrade.

er then again...less upgrades = less money for us farmers to spend before being forced to retire from the market until the last few days of the round.

Xavior
06-14-2011, 03:39
Haven't played with missiles yet but I noticed this for public market:

Missiles 10 (on hand quantity) $1.315 (min sell price) $1.825 (max sell price)

However, there are currently 407.131 missiles on the market selling for $2.276 each. When I click to sell on PM the default price is also $2276. When I try selling, it won't let me put anything on for over $1825.

Report: You have purchased 1 Missiles from the market, this had a total cost of $2.276.

http://imgur.com/FyumV.png

kitoy
06-14-2011, 05:57
LOL!! this is my first time seeing such a HORRIBLE editing, i mean wtf man.. nice choice of colors though..

Btw, i can even sell Missiles at 2280.. wanna know the secret? ask me.. :laugh:

Mr President
06-14-2011, 12:48
how about sending me a message letting me know. Exploiting loopholes is a no no.. :)

CommunistCapitalism
06-14-2011, 15:18
whats next, infantry for 2276 :drool:??

Xavior
06-14-2011, 15:30
LOL!! this is my first time seeing such a HORRIBLE editing, i mean wtf man.. nice choice of colors though..

Btw, i can even sell Missiles at 2280.. wanna know the secret? ask me.. :laugh:

Don't make fun of my paint skills :(

Ragnar
06-14-2011, 15:52
Type the letters in next time!! Typed letters don't look like a seven year old kid did that!!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

And crop it. Then you don't have to 'scribble' out the game info part!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Nat22
06-14-2011, 18:50
Type the letters in next time!! Typed letters don't look like a seven year old kid did that!!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

And crop it. Then you don't have to 'scribble' out the game info part!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

1) Xavy is a 7 year old kid

2) why would you crop when you can use spray can in paint? so much more fun

3) typing is for geeks.... hmmmm :S

lol

kitoy
06-14-2011, 20:43
how about sending me a message letting me know. Exploiting loopholes is a no no.. :)

i'm just messing with xaviour.. ;)

Don't make fun of my paint skills :(

that's not even a skill.. :p

Mr President
06-14-2011, 22:13
Haven't played with missiles yet but I noticed this for public market:

Missiles 10 (on hand quantity) $1.315 (min sell price) $1.825 (max sell price)

However, there are currently 407.131 missiles on the market selling for $2.276 each. When I click to sell on PM the default price is also $2276. When I try selling, it won't let me put anything on for over $1825.

Report: You have purchased 1 Missiles from the market, this had a total cost of $2.276.

http://imgur.com/FyumV.png

I know why it did this and it won't happen again. :) I would tell you more but it's classified and then I would have to kill you..

Lord Burch
06-19-2011, 02:50
Question: which kind of missiles are you referring to when you created the feature? Artillery Missiles? Nuke Missile?

Bright
06-20-2011, 23:59
Well Missiles definitely need to be adjusted. I just needed a starting point for them and we will adjust each set till we get them in good shape. I think the cost is a little high.

Personally I like having missiles in the game. Even with the low member count they still serve a purpose. We just need to tweak them a little more is all.

Also, bombers need to be lowered as well.. Across the board!

I was playing some strategy games on the comp the other day and was musing about this game when something came up in the dusty old attic of mine: why not bundle units together and make their upgrades tied to each other?

An example would be upgrading Air Systems- one upgrade would use some turns, some cash, but would upgrade bombers and jets. Missile systems would upgrade both SAMs and attack missiles. You could always leave ships/spies as is, taking less money/turns to balance it out (only one unit being uprgraded here). Ground systems would upgrade inf and tanks.
You could always go all out and do a single costly upgrade that makes everything go up a level. Prices and turns would need tweaking no doubt, but it could work.

Eliminate the per unit cost while upgrading (flat price) and people will be able to maintain defense while going about their business. I know the newer players would enjoy it since its one less thing to worry about. With the new unit and new attacks, it would simplify everything for everyone without having to retool too much. :think::

Lord Burch
06-21-2011, 00:05
Anyone gonna answer my question?

Mr President
06-21-2011, 00:11
Question: which kind of missiles are you referring to when you created the feature? Artillery Missiles? Nuke Missile?

Sorry never saw this.. They are designed around ballistic missiles. I put them in play now cause there will come a day the missile unit won't be used as it is now. It will be tech based and you will only receive them as you grow tech.. We will then have nuclear missiles that will have greater destruction, but it's own attack and not tied in with the others.

I was playing some strategy games on the comp the other day and was musing about this game when something came up in the dusty old attic of mine: why not bundle units together and make their upgrades tied to each other?

An example would be upgrading Air Systems- one upgrade would use some turns, some cash, but would upgrade bombers and jets. Missile systems would upgrade both SAMs and attack missiles. You could always leave ships/spies as is, taking less money/turns to balance it out (only one unit being uprgraded here). Ground systems would upgrade inf and tanks.
You could always go all out and do a single costly upgrade that makes everything go up a level. Prices and turns would need tweaking no doubt, but it could work.

Eliminate the per unit cost while upgrading (flat price) and people will be able to maintain defense while going about their business. I know the newer players would enjoy it since its one less thing to worry about. With the new unit and new attacks, it would simplify everything for everyone without having to retool too much. :think::

Grouping them is an interesting idea. I don't think 1 upgrade for everything would be good, but i'm interested in grouping air units, ground units ect ect..