PDA

View Full Version : Loans!

Mr President
06-19-2011, 01:50
I'm posting this now as I'm sure some of you will have questions and I would like a little time to answer them before the next set begins.

There will be a new feature next set that will allow nations to lend money to other nations. Below are the regulations:

- Any nation can lend or receive loans.
- Nations can borrow from two nations max.
- Maximum amount of money that a nation can lend/borrow - 5Billion
- Minimum amount of money that a nation can lend/borrow - 500Million
- When you receive a loan you must pay the total amount back within 10 days.
- Loans can not be granted during the last 10 days of the set.
- Only Nation leaders and those with the banking priv are able to request/accept loans.

- While a nation has an open loan, no member can be removed or leave the nation till it is paid in full.

- If you default on the loan, no member can leave or be removed from the nation for the rest of the set. Also, the Nation will NOT show on the end of round scores.

- When requesting a loan you will pick the nation to request from, the amount and you will also select a interest rate you would pay for the loan. The lending nation will receive a message with how much you are requesting and how much they will make off the loan if they accept.

- Min Interest rate is 1.5%
- Max Interest rate is 10%

- In the Nation overview you will now see that each nation has more information added. There is a credit score, amount of loans received and amount of defaulted loans.

- Each nation starts out with a 300 point credit score rating. If you pay the loan in full by the due date you will receive 50 points to your score. If you default, 200 points are removed. When deciding to accept a loan offer, nations can look at this info to see if the borrower is responsible.

-As soon as the loan is accepted the money is transferred and the due date clock begins ticking. If you don't pay by the due date the lending nation can mark the loan as default. If you pay the loan off in time, the loan is closed and your credit score increases.

- Each time you make a payment the lending nation will receive a message with the information. Nations will also be able to view the page anytime they wish to help keep track of money they borrowed and or money lent.

- You cannot over pay on a loan.

- A nation can give up to 24 extra hours for the borrower to repay the loan before marking it defaulted. If the lending nation does not do this before the 24hrs, an automatic script will mark the loan as defaulted.

- Nations who continually abuse this feature will be removed and banned from the game.

This is a nice little feature for our game. It will help those in need while also putting a little cash in your nations account while doing so. With a few of the regulations in place, it makes it a little harder for nations to abuse this feature. Yes the not being able to leave the nation while a loan is open or defaulted on is strict, but this will help feeding and nation jumping while not paying your dues. Keep it legit and you'll have nothing to worry about.

CommunistCapitalism
06-19-2011, 01:55
We should make a new strategy for states- loan sharks. They enforce the loans given, and if a nation goes past the 10 days, they get rewards for killing states in the nations.

Mr President
06-19-2011, 02:00
lol well I was figuring people would say this could become a new strat. they lend money out and then make money when it's repaid. But as you see, I kept the interest rates lower so nations couldn't make huge amounts of money as it could be used as a form of feeding. Although, even with them being low loans will be monitored to make sure this isn't happening.

Perhaps there could be a new spy op to see who is lending to who :)

CommunistCapitalism
06-19-2011, 03:36
yeah that would be pretty cool, but how about you allow NATIONS to spy on other NATIONS using the spies in the national army. Now you may say oh wow this is pretty radical you would have to give NATIONS turns, but I think all you would have to do set a limit on how many spy ops a nation can do per day. Maybe you could add a few exclusive nation-nation spy ops. Adding an intelligence privelege to members of the nations would allow them to execute these intelligence operations.

A few other potential spy op examples-
scramble privleges: this would take privleges from members and give them to random members for a set period of time.
disable economic privleges: this would prevent a nation from lending money or purchasing goods for a certain period of time.

Maybe nations could even pay for a nation-wide TDN privlege so these attacks would be disabled.

Just a thought.

BladeEWG
06-19-2011, 08:54
In the words of my Uncle Vito..
"I ain't sayin' I'll break your legs if ya don't pay..I'm just sayin' ya might be walkin' funny for awhile"

Crimson Shadow
06-19-2011, 20:36
- Each time you make a payment the lending nation will receive a message with the information. Nations will also be able to view the page anytime they wish to help keep track of money they borrowed and or money lent.

How about it goes to interior news? It could be annoying to be spammed with a bunch of payment notices if the nation is repaying with low amounts each time.

Mr President
06-20-2011, 10:52
How about it goes to interior news? It could be annoying to be spammed with a bunch of payment notices if the nation is repaying with low amounts each time.

Good Idea! I'll change it when I get a chance.

Nat22
06-20-2011, 17:52
Not going to lie, I think it's a really bad idea.

- While a nation has an open loan, no member can be removed or leave the nation till it is paid in full.

- If you default on the loan, no member can leave or be removed from the nation for the rest of the set. Also, the Nation will NOT show on the end of round scores.

Removing rights of players. Not a great idea, especially for new players. If they join a nation and don't fit in, or get the help they want, they're stuck.... Lose new player...

It seems like, in my opinion, instead of looking at things that others have suggested that need altering to improve the game because of lack of members etc, you're trying to add things that aren't necessarily needed...

This function can and probably will get abused. Which according to your outline of it would lead to bans. Further decreasing the size of our already waning community.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new additions to the game and alterations of current functions and parts of it. I've outlined some of my ideas in the suggestions section myself, I just don't this as a benefit.

Calvin74
06-20-2011, 18:03

Removing rights of players. Not a great idea, especially for new players. If they join a nation and don't fit in, or get the help they want, they're stuck.... Lose new player...

It seems like, in my opinion, instead of looking at things that others have suggested that need altering to improve the game because of lack of members etc, you're trying to add things that aren't necessarily needed...

This function can and probably will get abused. Which according to your outline of it would lead to bans. Further decreasing the size of our already waning community.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new additions to the game and alterations of current functions and parts of it. I've outlined some of my ideas in the suggestions section myself, I just don't this as a benefit.

+1

Mr President
06-20-2011, 21:19

I understand where you are coming from, but also look at it from my view.. The game has around 70 active members and it's been this way for some time now. We get new people but they don't stick around long and it's not cause things need to be tweaked or there are to many new features.

I have stated my case several times and tried hundreds of things to get people to invite people to play and nothing works. If I sit around and wait to add new things till new people get here, I'll never be able to add anything new. And just cause a new thing is being added it doesn't mean i'm still not tweaking things for better game play. Look at all the things that people wanted changed in WoW and never was and now they most are but it didn't really make a difference in the amount of members we have.

The members we have now don't really abuse anything. I can't tell you when the last cheater or suicider happened. That speaks volumes from what this game use to be. Though you may not feel this change will do anything, someone new might really like it. Adding new things is a 50/50 shot and I have to try from time to time.

These are just little additions to the game. It took me all of an hour to write the whole loan script. I'm having a hard time tweaking the attacks cause i'm not getting much feedback. Anytime there needs to be a change or a suggestion there are about 3 people who actually offer any input.

And my last point. In a couple months my new house will be completed and we will be moving in there. It is way up in the middle of the woods and there is no cable internet so I either have to do dial up or satellite which both are equally slow as hell. When that happens new features won't come as often so I'm trying to get a few in now that will last us a little while. I like the idea of loans. I think it will add a little spice to the game which as you can see is really needed. And of course, as always, if it doesn't fit what we are looking for we take it out.. No harm no foul.. But with a community of 70 what harm can it really do? lol

+1

Shut up! Until my peoples belly's are full you no longer have a voice! ;-)

Calvin74
06-20-2011, 21:32
Shut up! Until my peoples belly's are full you no longer have a voice! ;-)

thats just harsh:P

i can't say i am super excited about the loans and i hope they work better than people are currently using the UN
HOWEVER i have to say thank you for continuing to work hard on this game and to keep it changing!
:)

Nat22
06-21-2011, 07:36
The members we have now don't really abuse anything. I can't tell you when the last cheater or suicider happened. That speaks volumes from what this game use to be.

Last set....

I'm all for seeing how this works, as you seem determined to implement it because you like the idea. I'm not going to be petty and throw out I'm going to leave the game if you do, because I won't.
I want this game to succeed and I realise that the numbers won't ever reach what they used to be, this game is a dying because the genre is a less popular one than it used to be.

But I do think that you need to get feedback on it after the first 2 sets after it is implemented and if it hasn't worked or people don't like it, it needs to be removed. This should be standard for anything that is introduced.

Mr President
06-21-2011, 11:08
Last set....

I'm all for seeing how this works, as you seem determined to implement it because you like the idea. I'm not going to be petty and throw out I'm going to leave the game if you do, because I won't.
I want this game to succeed and I realise that the numbers won't ever reach what they used to be, this game is a dying because the genre is a less popular one than it used to be.

But I do think that you need to get feedback on it after the first 2 sets after it is implemented and if it hasn't worked or people don't like it, it needs to be removed. This should be standard for anything that is introduced.

It is always the standard that if it doesn't work or it's not liked it will be removed. I love trying new things, but if they fail I have no problem removing it or changing it around to people likings :)

Also, I'm not dead set against implementing it. It was a new feature that I thought would be liked. BUT, i'm not going to hold off cause a couple people are not fond of the idea. Now if masses of people are not fond of it then clearly I would let it drop.

Nat22
06-21-2011, 11:48
Oh no I'm not saying don't implement it if the majority like it. I know there will be some people that like the potential of it.

But I'm just putting out my opinion on it, which I'm sure you appreciate more than someone not saying they don't like it, then it's implemented and they ***** and moan about it.

Mr President
06-21-2011, 12:54
Good or bad.. I always want opinions :)