PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if.......

Mr President
06-29-2011, 16:59
(Serious discussions only please)

The USA wasn't the dominant super power in the world? What happens when China is? How will the world be? Better? Worse? Explain......

Calvin74
06-29-2011, 17:41
(Serious discussions only please)

The USA wasn't the dominant super power in the world? What happens when China is? How will the world be? Better? Worse? Explain......

let me get back to you in 20 years:P

Crimson Shadow
06-29-2011, 19:09
What do you mean "if"? Last I checked China owns like 1/2 of us and we don't even have enough money to pay the current due portions of our national loans.

Face it, if something would happen to China, our economy would be getting worse 10x worse than it currently is...which means they hold all the power over us. We are in no position to force our own demands or ask for bargains, etc.

Calvin74
06-29-2011, 19:21
What do you mean "if"? Last I checked China owns like 1/2 of us and we don't even have enough money to pay the current due portions of our national loans.

Face it, if something would happen to China, our economy would be getting worse 10x worse than it currently is...which means they hold all the power over us. We are in no position to force our own demands or ask for bargains, etc.

at the same time while they own so much of our debt they can't afford to let us fail either:P

BeeNo
06-30-2011, 13:16
i really feel china is growing socially, it may be a slow process, but its citizens do protest and work towards some change.

i read stories about people who protest the government or who push the envelop of what they allow you do. these people are imprisoned ect. without the right to have charges brought against them. that being said, the people know, and awareness is growing.

in the united states within the last 10 years the executive branch has been empowered to do the same to american citizens and nobody really cares. in fact the patriot act originally passed with only 1 senator in opposition to it. Russ Feingold from wisconson and he recently lost his position.

have they abused this power? i believe cases are very few and you hardly ever hear of them, but that being said we've given them that power. or at least those who represent us have.

i believe everyone under the sun has used this quote, but here is Benjamin Franklin, "those who give up liberty for security deserve neither"

Will
06-30-2011, 19:09
Hmm, where to begin......

Israel is screwed, since a weaker USA won't be giving it free money/guns.

Let's break it down by continent.

Europe: Increased military spending to counter Russia, UK moves towards EU heavily, maybe even a United States of Europe forms.

Africa: Colonised by China.

Asia: Russia and Japan come together to minimise Chinese influence, maybe with India too.

Middle East: Saudi Arabia gets pwned by Islamists, hard. Price of Oil skyrockets.

Israel either dies to a massive arab invasion, but not before it employs the Samson Option, or it's nukes keep the arabs back, until the israeli military collapses from lack of funding (no US aid) then the arabs move in, either way it's holocaust mk 2. No lobby in China to help you, zionists!

Calvin74
06-30-2011, 23:11
i hope you are joking on all accounts will:P

Will
07-01-2011, 04:39
Nope, especially about Israel.

Mrmcjoey15
07-01-2011, 13:07

what your forgetting is that the money we barrow from china is to china an investment which they can only get back if America thrives.

And Beeno i agree completely I'm proud to say that I, being a resident of Wisconsin, Voted for Fiendgold and its a shame voters didn't keep him in office.

BeeNo
07-01-2011, 17:24
well he was one of the founders of the BCRA a bill aimed at extending the powers of the FEC to regulate PACs and other organizations from corrupting the political process. in my opinion the bill went a little too far, but it was an attempt to step in the right direction.

after 2010 when the supreme court made their ruling in the citizens united case the BCRA lost its teeth. so i imagine quite a few of these groups donated money and ran ads to see him lose his seat.

really a shame i'm a big fan of the guy.