PDA

View Full Version : New player

zardozr
07-01-2011, 13:21
Some people I used to play another game with were playing here a while back, dont know if they are still around or not. No clue what I am doing, so I have just done what looks right meaning I have probable done everything wrong lol.

Mr President
07-01-2011, 16:18
lol Welcome to Nation Wars... Don't worry about doing everything wrong right now, we all were new once too and though the game seems complicated it's actually pretty easy to learn but yet complicated to master :)

Feel free to post any questions you have. best thing you could do is find a nation and join up with them. They will help show you the ropes and get you started.

best of luck!

Dogma
07-01-2011, 17:16
While you are at it, you need to join USA real quick. That is the first rule for new players, in order to play, you must join USA. It is in the TOS somewhere I think.

Welcome to the Nut House...

Mrmcjoey15
07-01-2011, 20:28
While you are at it, you need to join USA real quick. That is the first rule for new players, in order to play, you must join USA. It is in the TOS somewhere I think.

Welcome to the Nut House...

Its actually right next to the rule that states you should disregard everything dogma says ^.^

welcome to the game. to be afraid to stay lol

zardozr
07-01-2011, 20:29
I ussually like to jump right in a game and learn as I go, but there are a few questions if you guys can answer them.

I see I have an income, but when does that income come in? I would assume it came in at the begining of every turn, but that does not seem to be the case as I have watched it closely.

I have also noticed I seem to get money when I build things? That seems like the opposite of what it should be lol, shouldnt it cost money for things? Perhaps I need to do somthing to refresh my page and make my money show up?

Calvin74
07-01-2011, 23:09
I ussually like to jump right in a game and learn as I go, but there are a few questions if you guys can answer them.

I see I have an income, but when does that income come in? I would assume it came in at the begining of every turn, but that does not seem to be the case as I have watched it closely.

I have also noticed I seem to get money when I build things? That seems like the opposite of what it should be lol, shouldnt it cost money for things? Perhaps I need to do somthing to refresh my page and make my money show up?

you should get your income at the end of every turn
also it is b/c your income per turn is still higher than the cost to build the buildings. this will change as the set goes on and you bpt (buildings per turn) goes up. it will cost you more than your income (unless you are a casher)

zardozr
07-02-2011, 00:15
Isnt there a turn every 10 minutes? I have watched my money for many 10 minute turns in a row without it going up, then all the sudden it will jump up a lot more than what my income is.

Lord Burch
07-02-2011, 01:00
Some people I used to play another game with were playing here a while back, dont know if they are still around or not. No clue what I am doing, so I have just done what looks right meaning I have probable done everything wrong lol.

About time zar! Welcome! (346/Reignarok)

zardozr
07-02-2011, 01:42
I was looking for you Reig, was hoping you still played this =p

Now tell me how to Pwn at this game will ya.

Xavior
07-02-2011, 01:59
You have to use a turn for income/expense/food to be calculated. None of it is automatic like in some turn based games.

Depending on what strategy you decide upon, you'll find that you cannot use any turns without having money and/or food going down to 0 (which is a red turn - you lose % of your cash/food/military).

If you play casher strategy, you'll build residential and commerical buildings. Your income will grow very quickly and soon you'll find that food is the limiting factor. You'll need to buy military units on the market.

For industrial, you build industrial zones. You produce military per turn used. You can adjust what types of military you wish to produce. Because units have expenses in both money and food, you'll need to sell a portion of these units on the public market to gain money to buy food. Always have enough money on hand when you're using turns. Both food and money is the limiting factor, so it may be harder to play than others if you forget.

For farmer, you build farming zones. You produce food per turn used. You sell food on the public market and with the money you can buy military and keep some on hand to use turns for expense. Money is the limiting factor.

Build science buildings to produce technology. You sell this on the public market and nations will buy it using their nation bank. With the money you buy food/military and keep some on hand for expense. Both food and money is the limiting factor. Because most nations only buy technology for the first half of the round, its advised you convert to a different strategy halfway through or you'll find all your tech sitting there and no one buying :)

Lord Burch
07-02-2011, 02:21
I was looking for you Reig, was hoping you still played this =p

Now tell me how to Pwn at this game will ya.

There is tons of ways to play!

I'm with CR right now, I'm kinda tired of playing the killer for now.

So I'm learning new stuff...pretty much what you have got to do.

Maybe in a round or so later you and I could rack up in my brand DKO.

zardozr
07-02-2011, 03:21
Thanks Xavior for that explination on the strats, and especially for that bit about having to use a turn before the stuff gets calculated, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why it wasnt being calculated.

Reig I joined [H] this round, but I would gladly join up with you in a future round. Any of the other old lofl crew still play here as well?

BladeEWG
07-02-2011, 06:06
welcome to the game Zar :)

Lord Burch
07-02-2011, 06:08
Thanks Xavior for that explination on the strats, and especially for that bit about having to use a turn before the stuff gets calculated, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why it wasnt being calculated.

Reig I joined [H] this round, but I would gladly join up with you in a future round. Any of the other old lofl crew still play here as well?

Firstly, I meant NEXT round...XD. Let's see, I think a couple still play, but I haven't gotten in touch...

zardozr
07-02-2011, 15:01
Ok next round it is =p

I know LD, Mags, Strago, and Razor were all playing this at one point. Wonder if they are still around.

Bright
07-02-2011, 15:51
Welcome to the game- I'm the teammate who keeps getting above you in the score list in our nation. :blink:

BeeNo
07-02-2011, 16:57
the key to this game is joining whatever nation i happen to be playing in :D

Lord Burch
07-02-2011, 18:14
Welcome to the game- I'm the teammate who keeps getting above you in the score list in our nation. :blink:

Strange, everytime you were in DKO/ARC I was always ahead of you lol....

zardozr
07-02-2011, 18:17
I am just hopeing to learn a lot about the game so I can do well in future rounds. If Bright is who I think he is, he is teaching me lots in the nation forum. Learning slowly, but learning.

Bright
07-02-2011, 19:40
Strange, everytime you were in DKO/ARC I was always ahead of you lol....

I was merely concealing my power level...or perhaps you really did get one up on me. ::oops::D

BeeNo
07-02-2011, 21:24
bright is extremely good player to have in your nation. one of the guys that made ABT so successful.

Lord Burch
07-03-2011, 01:32
I was merely concealing my power level...or perhaps you really did get one up on me. ::oops::D

I was casher that round...XD

Lord Burch
07-03-2011, 01:33
bright is extremely good player to have in your nation. one of the guys that made ABT so successful.

Definitely, he helped me launch off from being at the bottom, he and Dogma. Those two set me up to the place I'm at now.

Lord Burch
07-03-2011, 01:35
I am just hopeing to learn a lot about the game so I can do well in future rounds. If Bright is who I think he is, he is teaching me lots in the nation forum. Learning slowly, but learning.

I'm currently learning farmer strat. I'm looking for my ideal strat even now...I'm okay at casher and Indy...not particularly skilled. In this game, everyone learns something new.