PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony.....

BladeEWG
07-05-2011, 19:26
Ok, what do you think?
Guilty or not guilty

Xavior
07-05-2011, 20:42
I don't know much about the legal system, but I feel the media is spinning this one. So they're blaming the jurors for finding her not guilty. The whole system is based on trial by peers. If the jurors have ANY doubt then its not guilty. Theres no, shes a horrible person so we must find her guilty and punish her.

Not guilty of first degree murder I can agree on. However on the manslaughter and aggravated child abuse I'm not so sure. Probably could've went either way.

Being a liar and showing she only cares about herself does not mean she killed her child. Still a sad case.

ooga booga
07-05-2011, 20:57
Anyone who takes 31 days to report their own child missing and then lies countless times to investigators just appears guilty using common sense. That's why the media is all over this one. However you have to go by evidence, and I wasn't in the courtroom so I don't know all the evidence the prosecution used but I guess it wasn't enough. I might blame the prosecution on that one, or just an unfortunate lack of evidence it appeared they may have. I'm not sure. However, just by looking at the scenario reading up about it, it just looks like guilty is stamped all over her forehead. It's a shame. Not sure if the jurors are the ones to blame or not though.

L P
07-05-2011, 21:45
She is guilty. They just can't prove it.

BeeNo
07-05-2011, 23:57
i watched this case in class yesterday as they announced their verdicts. i'm in agreement with xavier. the media attempted to spin this one out of control.

that being said their were some really strange happenings in this trial. #1 being that they tested to see if her brother was the father. whatever would lead along those lines indicates some dysfunction.

you are innocent until proven guilty and there simply wasn't enough there to sentence her to death. the media, if you can still call it media, is all about entertainment and will say anything to draw your attention to their show. there is no validity in what is said, and i doubt they care at all about anyone but their own ratings. she obviously is not a good person but that is not enough to convict someone of 1st degree murder.

still i doubt she will be able to show her face to the public because the story was covered by national television. i wouldn't be surprised if she eventually changes her name and moves to another country.

zardozr
07-06-2011, 00:27
I wish the punisher was a real person, so he could chop her **** head off with a machete.

BladeEWG
07-06-2011, 07:32
My initial reaction when this whole thing started in the news was "guilty as sin"
Maybe its because I'm a father, but who would wait 31 days to start talking about a missing child? that makes no sense to me.
And for the grandparents to not press about it for not seeing their grandchild so long.Thier ONLY grandchild no less.
My parents called my daughter 2 times a week and living a ways from them had to see her 2 times a month.So we did a lot of driving :)

Then to come out of the blue with this swimming pool theory after casey already made up the cover story about the nanny and the rich boyfriend in Florida?
Come on!
"If" she didn't kill the girl, accidently or whatever, she should have been charged with something substantial i think.
She knows what happened!

BladeEWG
07-06-2011, 07:35
Beeno.
I doubt that..she has fans and supporters all over.
Maybe because shes hot?
But shes just like OJ, she'll always be surrounded by those that won't question her.
She'll get a book deal, a movie,and speaking engagments.
she'll live the good life..all without a soul.

BeeNo
07-06-2011, 07:51
you find her attractive! lol

i mean clearly she was struck by the stupid disease, but did we really want her reproducing and passing those genes on? (that was a joke too soon?)

but really, if you can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her child then you cannot convict her of it. i think their was a reasonable doubt if the death was accidental/murder, and as to what really happened is all hypothesis. she still got 16 years jail, and she's been in jail for 3 of those years already.

ooga booga
07-06-2011, 14:38
you find her attractive! lol

i mean clearly she was struck by the stupid disease, but did we really want her reproducing and passing those genes on? (that was a joke too soon?)

but really, if you can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her child then you cannot convict her of it. i think their was a reasonable doubt if the death was accidental/murder, and as to what really happened is all hypothesis. she still got 16 years jail, and she's been in jail for 3 of those years already.

huh? 16 years jail?? I read that she was convicted of four counts of lying to law enforcement, which carry a maximum sentence of one year in prison per count.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-verdict-20110704,0,1425780.story

Not sure where you read she got 16 years... :huh:

With that said, the prosecution had a very hard time because they couldn't prove how she died, which was a key factor I think. The whole innocent before guilty thing prevailed this time, even though logic says she's guilty.

Devil
07-07-2011, 01:24
you guys are all crazy....

she didnt do it just like OJ didnt.

She will most likely get out on time served....

regaurdless of that im prolly going to write her love letters till she marries me.:cool:

ooga booga
07-07-2011, 14:54
you guys are all crazy....

she didnt do it just like OJ didnt.

She will most likely get out on time served....

regaurdless of that im prolly going to write her love letters till she marries me.:cool:

Of course she did it. She never even reported her child missing!! :blink:

And the Juice is guilty too. I hate to admit it but come on now, I mean he had already murdered countless defenders on the field each week...

BladeEWG
07-07-2011, 15:51
As disappointed as I am about this verdict and knowing its steeped in vengeance.
I have to admit, they, the jury got it right.
as you have pointed out..beyond a shadow of the doubt.
The evidence was weak and cicumstantial, its not the wrong verdict.
Its wrong on the prosecutors for not getting their act together.They could not even say for certain how the girl died, let alone how.

as the one juror stated, "I did not say Casey was innocent"
I would hope the family would bring a civil case on her so she does not profit from this, but i don't really see that happening.

BeeNo
07-07-2011, 21:04
huh? 16 years jail?? I read that she was convicted of four counts of lying to law enforcement, which carry a maximum sentence of one year in prison per count.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-verdict-20110704,0,1425780.story

Not sure where you read she got 16 years... :huh:

With that said, the prosecution had a very hard time because they couldn't prove how she died, which was a key factor I think. The whole innocent before guilty thing prevailed this time, even though logic says she's guilty.

i must of misinterpreted what the judge read. they must of meant 4 years total not 4 years for each conviction. my bad.

@the rest of you idiots- i find nothing attractive about this woman, whats to like about her?

Beeno.
I doubt that..she has fans and supporters all over.
Maybe because shes hot?
But shes just like OJ, she'll always be surrounded by those that won't question her.
She'll get a book deal, a movie,and speaking engagments.
she'll live the good life..all without a soul.

i have not met 1 person who is a fan of this woman, and i seriously doubt anyone will give her a book deal, movie, or speaking engagement.

"all without a soul" come on now blade don't tell me one of those hocus pocus books has won you over?

Xavior
07-07-2011, 21:29
Yeah, 4 years. Shes already served 3 years and is getting out on good behaviour.

Also, there are now death threats being leveled at the judge and jury. This is what happens when the media sensationalizes such a case. The public is so outraged they don't see the glaring irony staring them in the face.

Kudos to the juror for giving the interview tho. Not sure if she received compensation for it, but its still brave to show your face in such a ****storm.

BladeEWG
07-08-2011, 07:00
"all without a soul" come on now blade don't tell me one of those hocus pocus books has won you over? "

yeah Beeno..its a cosmic karma type of thing ;)

BeeNo
07-08-2011, 11:47
now thats a wording i can get behind :D

Dogma
07-08-2011, 12:05
Lets face it, our legal system is based on laws, not justice.

BeeNo
07-13-2011, 02:58
well at least some of what your saying seems to be true here guys. abc helped pay for her lawyer bills.

Mrmcjoey15
07-13-2011, 03:13
Lets face it, our legal system is based on laws, not justice.

Laws server Justice in an imperfect world.

BladeEWG
07-15-2011, 06:34
This just maks me sick.
But it takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

Casey Anthony admirers send her cash in jail
Admirers and supporters from as far away as Canada have sent money to Casey Anthony, the Florida mother acquitted earlier this month in one of the most followed criminal trials nationwide.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43756437/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/casey-anthony-admirers-send-her-cash-jail/from/toolbar