PDA

View Full Version : London Burned to the ground, other UK cities being looted

Will
08-09-2011, 20:22
No thread on this? I am disappoint.

Xavior
08-09-2011, 22:36
I'm not sure about the specifics, but imo this shows that even in the most beautiful and and culturally rich of cities there lie a minority of malcontents who will use any opportunity to cause mayhem in the streets. Speaking from the Vancouver experience, many these people are those high school dropouts working low end jobs (or unemployed) who have nothing better to do on a Friday night then to go around breaking things. I refer to London, Vancouver, and Paris as the incidents I recall.

Face it, these people have no political agenda. They burn things just to burn things. And once mob mentality kicks in, even ordinary folk join in. In Vancouver we saw star high school athletes and just normal guys light police cars on fire. The best thing that can be done is to identify those who participated through photographs and video and throw the book at them. Make them pay for all the cleanup. In Vancouver, we had people on facebook and other social media who outed their friends and family to the police. There was talk that ICBC (our provincial car insurance company) would use facial recognition technology to match faces in the photographs to drivers license photographs. Unfortunately some goups successfully argued that this would be a breach of privacy.