PDA

View Full Version : UN food package

Mr President
08-24-2011, 19:51
USA has proposed the UN to send 500.000.000 Food in an Aid Package to America[USA] Comments - I believe all UN Nations should receive a food package to help ease the food shortage. We must take a stand on farming nations who feel the need to starve everyone till the very end.

This has been approved as we only needed 3/4 of the members to vote yes. All it takes now is the UN General to approve the vote to release the food. Let this be known to nations hording food. The UN will step in and offer relief if you continue to horde your food.

DBozMen
08-25-2011, 03:33
I NEED FOOD :-), so vote yes!

Devil
08-25-2011, 03:44
UN is over powered... I demand it to be nerfed!

Nat22
08-25-2011, 06:29
UN is silly. Any in-game power that is led by the main admin of the game that can do things like this is ridiculous.

Calvin74
08-25-2011, 06:51
UN is over powered... I demand it to be nerfed!

working on that devil:P

Calvin74
08-25-2011, 06:52
UN is silly. Any in-game power that is led by the main admin of the game that can do things like this is ridiculous.

i will point out that time and time again Mr P has tried to not be the UN general but no one else has stepped up yet. Also this game is too small to stand on that basis and Mr P has never shown any ingame favortism AS an admin.

Mr President
08-25-2011, 09:16
Also let me point out that I have time and time again tried to get people involved. The UN costs nothing to join. You don't have to do anything except occasionally cast a vote but nobody can be bothered to join it. If you don't like how the votes turn out but do nothing to change them then you can't complain. I made a post about next set and the only person who replied was Maggio.. One of our most least active members, but yet took the time to reply.

As for the UN, I nerfed it already. Before there was an unlimited amount of food you could request and if people approved it, they got it. If you don't like how something is set up then you need to be active about changing it.

Nat22
08-25-2011, 19:04
i will point out that time and time again Mr P has tried to not be the UN general but no one else has stepped up yet.

Admittedly I've not been back playing too long so I can't comment on this as I've not been about. But what I do know is that it hasn't been open for anyone to take it on in the last few sets. I seem to remember Lord Burch brought it up but was told by Mr. P that for now he would stay as head of it whilst changes were made to it? May be wrong but I think that's what was said....

Also let me point out that I have time and time again tried to get people involved. The UN costs nothing to join. You don't have to do anything except occasionally cast a vote but nobody can be bothered to join it.

Does the fact that nobody can be bothered to join it, show that maybe it either needs to be altered or removed. Maybe change the way it is run eg heading it up or even just scrap having someone as UN general and just have it so every leader of nations that are apart of it share the responsibility. I don't know because I've not lead a nation since it's been in place and the nations I have been haven't really joined it, so obviously I can't give a further in sight as to how I personally would change it. But if there is a lack of interest in it, surely it either needs to be changed or removed.

If you don't like how the votes turn out but do nothing to change them then you can't complain. I made a post about next set and the only person who replied was Maggio.. One of our most least active members, but yet took the time to reply.

As for the UN, I nerfed it already. Before there was an unlimited amount of food you could request and if people approved it, they got it. If you don't like how something is set up then you need to be active about changing it.

The main reason I personally haven't been active in trying to change it is because honestly I don't understand why the concept of the UN is needed in the game but yet know that even if I voiced this, due to past experiences, I will be told to give it time. I took the time to read all of what MAGGIO posted and a lot of it made sense. Especially the fact that a lot of the game has become convoluted. Things perhaps need to be removed to help make things be more simple. I do like certain concepts that have been added to the game, such as what was implemented last set with keeping inactives in the games but adding land etc to them to make them viable targets for small players. However, other things such as Missiles and the new attacks have made the game confusing and more complex than they need to be. Now this may be seen as someone who was used to how things were, returning and complaining at new things that have been added and not giving them a good go, but I am only giving an opinion that you have asked for in order to improve the game. I've not given as many of my ideas lately due to the fact that the ones that I have posted in "Suggestions" since I've been back have been largely over-looked with very little comment apart from the others presenting ideas, who also get little feedback. I realise you are busy but when you've told me via in-game message that if I've got an idea about the market then to post it, I do but then get no response from it, kinda feels like I've wasted my time.

Calvin74
08-25-2011, 19:20
whether you like the UN or not (and i don't at all) has nothing to do with your comment. Mr P works his butt off for this game and little comments like yours are very degrading. yes there has been open voting for UN general in the past. not the entire time but it doesn't seem like there has been a UN general the whole time there has been a UN. also never take what LB says as fact. I don't even think he believes what he says most the time...

my whole point is that Mr P is a very neutral party and he hasn't done anything for you to even think he shows bias in the game. also all he did is start the poll for his tag. anyone in the UN can do that. his actions as UN general don't really impact anything till it has been passed through the UN in which case he should pass it since it has already been voted up....

and to show my neutrality CR didn't ask for any food nor did we vote to approve any food loans. i think this idea cheapens the game and hurts already weak strats

Nat22
08-25-2011, 19:28
Calvin, I have never said Mr P doesn't work his butt off for the game. I have the upmost respect for everything Mr P does for this game and the community. I didn't mean anything that I said to be degrading to him and if he feels that way then that is for him to decide and tell me and I will happily apologise because that is not how I meant it to come across.

My "little comments" as you described them were purely feedback as to how I personally view this aspect of the game and to explain why I don't publish my ideas any more. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?

Mr President
08-25-2011, 19:30
I've not given as many of my ideas lately due to the fact that the ones that I have posted in "Suggestions" since I've been back have been largely over-looked with very little comment apart from the others presenting ideas, who also get little feedback. I realise you are busy but when you've told me via in-game message that if I've got an idea about the market then to post it, I do but then get no response from it, kinda feels like I've wasted my time.

Feedback on ideas has been low for sometime now, which drives me crazy.. I normally don't post right away cause I want to see what everyone else thinks about the idea before I post something. Think about it, if you post an idea and I say I'm not fond of it, who else is going to post? They will right then think it's a dead idea cause I don't like it. There are lots of times I don't understand an idea right at first, but after some more posts from other people I catch on.. Which is another reason I like to wait before I post.

But, I will be honest, I don't always look at the suggestions all to often unless I see a hot topic. This is due to me having enough to do at the moment and looking at them makes me feel like I have to rush.. And I don't like to rush :)

Some members who have been here have a hard time changing the game. Maybe some of the changes are more advanced for the game that we have, but we do have to make changes. The reason the attacks changed was cause they really needed to be changed. They just didn't make sense to me.. Missiles were added as a preset to what is coming. Eventually Missiles will have their own attack page and won't be part of the basic roundup. I just wanted people to get use to having them in the game. I really don't think Missiles hurt the game.

As for the UN, that was made to help make Nations interact more. Nobody talks to each other anymore.. The UN would do better if people "wanted" to interact.. They don't, which is why it fails. Perhaps it needs to be removed or perhaps the UN General needs to be removed from it, but that was created with the thought that it would again help interaction as people would want to run for UN General.

And yes you are correct, there was one set that I said I would remain UN General for that set due to changes taking place. All the times before and after nobody else stepped up. It's a voting process.. Next set i will step down as UN General (even if elected) due to I won't have the time for it anyway.. Probably true as Nation leader too.

And my last comment is, As I have stated 100 million times. If you make a suggestion, just cause I don't post right away or you don't see it implemented right away doesn't mean I don't like the idea.. You would be shocked at how many I have written down to still do.. And some suggestions are more advanced then what we have, but might fit in later down the road. So please please please don't ever feel like your suggestions are not heard. They Are!

Mr President
08-25-2011, 19:34
One more thing.. We have had this conversation many times in the past, but look at earth.. They still have lots of members. I have played it and I like NW so much better.. So why don't people stick around? Is the menu to confusing? Is the game to confusing? Are our "unwritten" rules to complicated? Do we have to many things ingame that is confusing?

What we need is people who play earth (other than calvin) to really step up and give some solid reasons why they like earth better or even NW better.. We received about 5 people from earth this set so I'm hoping they will come on here and really state out some differences.. We don't want a clone to earth, we just want to make NW worth sticking around like earth members do.

Nat22
08-25-2011, 19:44
Thanks for this reply Mr P. I can understand where you're coming from on you personally replying to suggestions. I guess I am more frustrated with the lack of any real feedback to things I have suggested in the past and when seeing another idea get lots of feedback and then you give your opinion, it can be discouraging. I do get how busy you are and so please don't feel I am on the attack here, just trying to make stuff I've said more clear as I realise things I have said may not have full clarity and can easily be perceived as attacks on you.

I think my personal reasons for disliking missiles and the new attacks is because of how we (LoR) as a nation failed so badly at working them initially when they were implemented and we were trying to war. Now that you've said "Missiles were added as a preset to what is coming. Eventually Missiles will have their own attack page and won't be part of the basic roundup" I am intrigued and keen to see how it changes as you get the time to make the changes.

One thing I must say is that you shouldn't feel like you need to rush with ANY ideas that have been suggested. Sometimes it's nice when nothing changes from one set to another. I and clearly from what MAGGIO has said, both feel that things may have gotten a bit too complex. Perhaps others do too. Maybe in order to improve the game, removing some things and introducing new improved ideas is a better way to help prevent the over complexity of new things being added all the time.

Finally, with your move coming up. Take the time to get settled before you get fully back into the game. Enjoy the break!

Mr President
08-25-2011, 19:56
Thanks for this reply Mr P. I can understand where you're coming from on you personally replying to suggestions. I guess I am more frustrated with the lack of any real feedback to things I have suggested in the past and when seeing another idea get lots of feedback and then you give your opinion, it can be discouraging. I do get how busy you are and so please don't feel I am on the attack here, just trying to make stuff I've said more clear as I realise things I have said may not have full clarity and can easily be perceived as attacks on you.

I think my personal reasons for disliking missiles and the new attacks is because of how we (LoR) as a nation failed so badly at working them initially when they were implemented and we were trying to war. Now that you've said "Missiles were added as a preset to what is coming. Eventually Missiles will have their own attack page and won't be part of the basic roundup" I am intrigued and keen to see how it changes as you get the time to make the changes.

One thing I must say is that you shouldn't feel like you need to rush with ANY ideas that have been suggested. Sometimes it's nice when nothing changes from one set to another. I and clearly from what MAGGIO has said, both feel that things may have gotten a bit too complex. Perhaps others do too. Maybe in order to improve the game, removing some things and introducing new improved ideas is a better way to help prevent the over complexity of new things being added all the time.

Finally, with your move coming up. Take the time to get settled before you get fully back into the game. Enjoy the break!

I know people get discouraged and it's hard to explain to them why nothing happened with there idea, but yet one that was just posted gets implemented right away lol.. But if you go back through all of the suggestion I'm confident you will find that eventually many of the "good" ideas are in fact part of the game today. The attacks was the last major change in the game for a while. I'll do a few little ones here and there but nothing major. And the bank limit is a trial. Quite a few people asked for it so we'll try it out and see what happens. But i'm not fond of the idea as I personally believe that people should have to play and not sit back all set and stock.. I think you would see a stronger game if we had a smaller bank limit but I'll try it their way first :)

As for the new attack and that LoR got frustrated when they first used them, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I wanted everyone to have to learn how to war, buy, stock, build ect ect all over again. It mixed things up and put everyone on a more level playing field.. I got tired of seeing Sky win the set both state and nation. They mastered the game so we needed a change. No sky, i didn't add missiles and bombers to stop you from winning. We needed a mix up.. :)

Mr President
08-25-2011, 19:57
Oh and feel free to make a list of things that you feel are too complex.. I'll look it over and go from there. :)

MAGGIO
08-25-2011, 22:36
we had a discussion a long time ago and I told you to keep track of your implementations by issuing versions of the game. I think we are up to v1.15 (not important). The point of the conversation was to track the changes. Implement, Test, Conclude.

If the new adjustment worked and it gained more players, keep it.

If the new adjustment didnt work and it didnt gain more players take it back out.

I think the UN is an example of a super cool complex feature that has not worked. I remember specifically on its release that the "bad guys" thought it was directly pointed at them and met resistance right away. Now I come back several months later and it still seems to not be working. My personal gripe would be that this feature was meant to benifit all, but really only a very few could even use its features. It just doenst seem like there is enough indivual nation governments to be effectively used.

Mr President
08-25-2011, 22:48
we had a discussion a long time ago and I told you to keep track of your implementations by issuing versions of the game. I think we are up to v1.15 (not important). The point of the conversation was to track the changes. Implement, Test, Conclude.

If the new adjustment worked and it gained more players, keep it.

If the new adjustment didnt work and it didnt gain more players take it back out.

I think the UN is an example of a super cool complex feature that has not worked. I remember specifically on its release that the "bad guys" thought it was directly pointed at them and met resistance right away. Now I come back several months later and it still seems to not be working. My personal gripe would be that this feature was meant to benifit all, but really only a very few could even use its features. It just doenst seem like there is enough indivual nation governments to be effectively used.

Are you implying I have lost track of what was added? :) I haven't. I have a full list. But what I think is working might not be what other people are thinking.. As for the UN, I took it down and then was asked to bring it back.. So I did. And every nation has the same advantages and anyone else.. All they have to do is join.

I have no problem removing the UN as it isn't used as it should be. As calvin states, we might be to small to really get the use out of it right now. As for other changes, Many things have been removed but some are big changes that we can't just decide in a set or two if they really work or not (ie, attack, missiles ect ect).

MAGGIO
08-26-2011, 01:15
I want to say that I love how you make bombers work, and new attacks are cool.

The UN would be ranked extremely close with the TDN and GDN as far as use. Just saying...