PDA

View Full Version : Food Shortages

ranger2112
10-25-2011, 15:53
The food hoarders of this game are getting out of hand. I know some players here would hit someone who was an infantry hoard. I am not necessarily advocating "illegal" attacks, however, I think the problem needs to be dealt with. using the BM for food will take a toll on a nations Net Worth, however, if people stop buying their food until the price sinks and they cannot sell their net worth will suffer as well.

ooga booga
10-25-2011, 18:59
The food hoarders of this game are getting out of hand. I know some players here would hit someone who was an infantry hoard. I am not necessarily advocating "illegal" attacks, however, I think the problem needs to be dealt with. using the BM for food will take a toll on a nations Net Worth, however, if people stop buying their food until the price sinks and they cannot sell their net worth will suffer as well.

I plan on being a farmer next set with no intent to hoard my food! Somebody has to feed the wolves. ;)

Xavior
10-25-2011, 19:40
Food horders have to walk a fine line. Sell too late and there will be a massive amount of food on the PM during the last 12 hours :)

L P
10-25-2011, 20:34
Maybe we need a food bank?

L P
10-25-2011, 20:38
Actually, I surprised no one is complaining about me...

I'm a science hoarder. I'm waiting until the last few days to put my science on the market. That way I can take advantage of the sales and nations can't get long term tech advantages.

PT:::

Nat22
10-25-2011, 20:56
you're an idiot L P :P

L P
10-25-2011, 21:37
you're an idiot L P :P

You're just mad I thought of it first and have a head start at mastering the strategy thus putting you at a severe disadvantage.

Mrmcjoey15
10-26-2011, 03:04

Untill the Farmer Strat is Fixed I will continue to hoard my food. And if you terrorize farmers goodluck having any food. Just sent over a bil of food to the PM stay thirsty my friend.

http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/15580/804642155795644.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/804642155795644)

Im serious though. Its disgusting how often Farmers are scrutinized, Try playing Farms for a set you'll understand that hoarding is the only logical way to play this strat.

Dogma
10-26-2011, 21:00
Instead of having a spy op to destroy food, how about having one that let you raid food stores and steal it? That way if the farmers don't want to sell it, they have to keep a butt load of spies in hand to keep it from getting stolen. Just sayin

L P
10-26-2011, 21:07
That's a good idea.

We need more reasons to start wars. And it's a good way to get food when you can't find any on the market.

Mrmcjoey15
10-26-2011, 21:43
And again i say. Another solution that will not fix the problem. Give Farmers more reason to play other strats.

Dogma
10-26-2011, 22:05
And again i say. Another solution that will not fix the problem. Give Farmers more reason to play other strats.

Me, I don't have problems with food, as I buy it all up front while the round is early. I am sitting on over 200M food ready to jump.

Bright
10-27-2011, 13:54
We just need more farmers, period- the balance is skewed toward indy/casher and has been so for some time- as a result, farmers can dictate what they do with the food since there's nothing to keep them from hoarding. I'll probably run farmer myself next set.

Dogma
10-27-2011, 14:00
I am with you Bright. I think we need to over run the set with farmers and make it competitive on the market.