PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for the holidays

MAGGIO
12-01-2011, 21:44
so the day begins at 7am. The inlaws and other family members come over to watch my three kids open presents. After that is done we get dressed for the day (long day). Our next stop is at my in-laws where we eat breakfast at about 930 and open more presents from them. Then at about 1100 we head over to my parents for a while and open up presents from them. We usually get out of there at about 200 which is just enough time to come home and unload the truck for the second time and get ready for dinner. sometimes we go over my grandmothers and sometimes we head back over my inlaws for dinner, but either way we end up at my grandmothers at about 600. we hang in there for a few more hours and usually end up home around 800-830. everyone is beat, and the house if full of presents. we let the kids open up a few things and head off to bed.

Its a busy stressful day (month), but its full of family and fun.

what do you guys usually do?

blaa
12-02-2011, 02:08
I have winter break from uni from 16th to second of jan. so I have lots of time. Luckily I have managed with my school work superbly so far. Every subject I could do during semester (instead of exam time) I have done (or almost done), and I'm left with only 3 exams in January.

On the 24th I eat a lot, when family comes together. On the 25th or 26th I visit my grandparents, there we eat also. In my family the christmas has never been a much of a 'present' holiday. Usually 'eating' holiday.

A lot more important day for estonians is the new years eve. It's a crazy night. During my short life, I've celebrated new years eve in the city, in a remote forrest house and it feels sort of magical everywhere. I just don't know what it is. This year I dont have a clear plan where to go yet. It's certain that I don't spend it in some public party. I don't think those things have the magic.

Devil
12-02-2011, 04:46
i'm usually deployed. but hey there is always next year. LOL

MAGGIO
12-03-2011, 11:38
when deployed what happens? What goes on over there around Xmas?

Devil
12-04-2011, 04:58
same as usual. We work, alot of the shops do a secret santa and buy stuff off amazon. and the chow hall does a special lunch and dinner all decorated, they serve good food like prime rib and stuff like that. Alot of holiday MWR events go on but half the people who's job matter can't go to them anyways. Its our job and we get paid pretty well while we are over here. ( if you're single)

totte
12-13-2011, 22:26
i'll most likely be on haida gwaii :)