PDA

View Full Version : spotify vs. pandora

MAGGIO
12-12-2011, 21:50
Im torn, but both Spotify and Pandora get almost daily use. Whats the point of even downloading anything anymore? I have all my CD's on my pc and dont really use them much. its too much to go through, youve heard the all a thousand times and I find myself hitting the next button more often than not.

Pandora; I use pandora all the time just to get a fresh mix of music i like by genre. pandora does a pretty good job at mixing it up with the music you like and throwing a few twists in here and there. They play newer hits, and a touch of older here and there. sometimes if you let them go too long they will get way off track but only after a few hours. I use pandora when I work out, clean house or do some busy work. premium pandora costs $36/yr which isnot much but at the same time why would you buy, but to skip a few commercials here and there.

Spotify; its all the rage, spotify basically lets you list to any artists album library song by song. its pretty indepth and very few artists do not partake. I use spotify to find music that I may want to download. when a new CD comes out you can pretty much bet you will be able to listen to the whole thing on spotify and make judgements moving foward. I use spotify to let it roll and listen to whole albums or playlists why im doing in depth work where as the music can be loud, but it not in the forefront of my thoughts. Premium spotfiy costing $9.99/mo is a bit too much for what it is worth, mostly just to listen to it on your phone.

on a side not I have Sirius Satalite radio too, but that is almost 100% howard stern listening in the car or at my work desk.

Dogma
12-13-2011, 10:46
To tell you the truth, I don't have either as when I want to listen to music that I want to hear, I just whistle.