PDA

View Full Version : why nation wars is failing

kegley1982
01-02-2012, 21:11
no offense to anyone who play it...hell , i play it. i think the major downside is that is there are unsaid rules like how amny times you can attack someone and what you can do. None of the other browser games that ive played have this..i think this is a major major downfall for nation wars. Again, not saying anything bad. I am just saying witht this lifted , the game would be more enjoyable. I have experienced when im with certain nations certain me3mbers would get attacked. They would respond in syaing they sent a message with the attacker to delete their account simply because they got owned. So ..theres a punishment for acheivement? i guess so. This reminds of the days playing games such as battlefield 2 and playing on servers saying .."no jumping when being shot at" , no running" , no popping in and out of wat"...in other words when being shot at you should stand there. I get the same feeling with nation wars. "if you attack me and take the majority of my state , you should delete"/ just saying

BladeEWG
01-03-2012, 06:55
Nope, not buying it.
It has little to do with the grab poicies and everything to do with the age on text based games.
Without the agreed grab policies its nothing more then a slaughter game, a free for all.
Some of us came from earth2025 and now some from EE,
Even there we had grab rules.
the biggest didfference tho was retal policies.
If you hit me..myself and any other in my tag was allowed to claim the retal and smack you back.
That encouraged some tags to always have "jetters" around as enforcers.
Where things got good was when retals on retals were happening.
Then the leaders and FA guys had work to do to either calm the situation down or prep for war.

Instead of retal rules , here we have no more then 2 in 36 hours.
same difference just not as excitng.
Any good tag just looks to the tag hitting their m8s and gets the land back from them.

This game and others like it, is what it is
You can spend a lot of time on it, do the spreadsheets and really work it.
or you can just kill time and play a simple game.
For me, its the latter.
What enjoy most is the banter with my m8s and other countries.
f you're looking for splash, thats why God created XBox

Top12Gun
01-03-2012, 09:03
Blade is spot on. The unwritten rules have little to do with it, indeed, most text based games have such - and NW actually has simpler ones than most - and without them, there's no structure or organization at all to the game, just bloodletting. In short, I don't think it's failing, although more members would be nice.

Btw, welcome to the forums!!

MAGGIO
01-05-2012, 23:52
@blade @Top12gun then what is it?

BladeEWG
01-06-2012, 07:03
Mags. it is what it is.
Theres nothing "wrong" with the game in the larger picture.
Its a diffent type of game, text based is all.
Think back to when text based games started, they were amazing to us all.
But times have changed, now its flash and bells for new games and younger players.

Text based games are still enjoyed but its by an older goup. as I see it.
When i started in Earth2025 many many years ago we had a lot of young kids
8-9 year olds and I felt old even back then!
But text based games don't get those youngins' anymore.
They go play the online fantasy games now.

The growth to text based games is to reclaim those older players that still hang around.
But to get back and keep the older ones we need to keep them interested.
Shaking things up like Mr.P has done the last few rounds is a good start.

I'd like to see something that would encourage more individual choices.
Whether thats diffent governments,incentives to explore,benefits to dropping tax like pop gains,reselling as a strat, things like that.
For example, here we're running cashers.
It pains me to hit that cash button, simply because I know everyone else is doin the same thing.
But if I knew I could made a few more bucks working the market and reselling as a viable alternative, I'd take that risk instead.
How about if I grab an indy I can choose not to take his indy buildings and choose to just take the land instead?

People love choices ;)

Mr President
01-06-2012, 09:27
no offense to anyone who play it...hell , i play it. i think the major downside is that is there are unsaid rules like how amny times you can attack someone and what you can do. None of the other browser games that ive played have this..i think this is a major major downfall for nation wars. Again, not saying anything bad. I am just saying witht this lifted , the game would be more enjoyable. I have experienced when im with certain nations certain me3mbers would get attacked. They would respond in syaing they sent a message with the attacker to delete their account simply because they got owned. So ..theres a punishment for acheivement? i guess so. This reminds of the days playing games such as battlefield 2 and playing on servers saying .."no jumping when being shot at" , no running" , no popping in and out of wat"...in other words when being shot at you should stand there. I get the same feeling with nation wars. "if you attack me and take the majority of my state , you should delete"/ just saying

The unwritten rules were went by since the beginning of the game. Some of it was to help control others from just tearing a state apart for fun, but it also was to create a new "legit" reason to war and kill.

These rules are not enforced by the game. They are enforced by the Nations. Nobody says you can't attack more than 2 times in a 36hr period. All they are saying is, if you do then be prepared for the consequences.

Max Logan
01-06-2012, 12:27
Suiciding, feeding and BS wars.

The 3 things that got us down to 30-40 active members. It is as it is and we prob will never get more then 100 members, but if we continue the 3 above mentioned actions, we won`t for sure! ;)

Dogma
01-06-2012, 18:54
I know what Kegs is talking about, I had to say something to him last set for the triple taps. As Mr P said, you can play as you want in the game, just when you are a member of a nation, you choose to be in the nation so you must choose to abide by the nations rules. Sorry if I got off on you but that is how USA works and has always worked. If you want to have that type of set, you are certainly welcome to do that, but just be prepared for what comes from the offended nations. All I was trying to do was to protect you from facing a punishing retal from the offended nations.