PDA

View Full Version : IRC Nation Chatrooms

Mr President
03-17-2012, 00:01
After several million complaints about our cheesy Nation Chat rooms I have created a new one. However, this is on is not on our DB so that will save space :)

The new rooms are IRC. How they work is this:

If you are a nation leader, and you click on the Nation Cbox tab, (and haven't already set up the chatbox) you will be prompted to create a chatbox. You will need to follow the directions listed on the page.

1) Click HERE and fill out all of the requested information.
Choose Widget name= Whatever you want this to be.
Choose a Password= Whatever you set this to be.
Your E-Mail= Enter YOUR email address.
Website URL= www.nation-wars.com (http://www.nation-wars.com)

2) After successfully created, copy and paste the NON-IFRAME Link (lower right side) into the box below and click submit.

3) Your done. After you submit, your IRC room will appear.

It really is as easy as that. The important part is that you copy the correct NON I-Frame code they provide you, in the upload box. They offer you two codes, one is with frames and the other is just code. If you upload the framed code it will not display correctly.. So make sure you upload the NON FRAMED code. It will be in the box to the lower right of the screen. DO NOT USE THE GREEN BACKGROUND CODE. And I'll be slow at fixing it for you too lol..

If you are not the leader and the box has not been created yet, it will simply say "Nation Chat Box has not been set up at this time. Please contact your leader. Once the box has been created, it will carry over from set to set. You will NOT have to do this each set. And after it's created, members will be prompted to enter a name for the chat.

This box is smoother and offers more than our original one had. I will however be working on creating a new Cbox for the future. I have some ideas but will take time to create. But for now this will work fine as there are more urgent matters to be taking care of.

Enjoy

MAGGIO
03-17-2012, 00:27
Not FoundThe requested URL /<iframe width="550" <br />height="350"src="http://widget.mibbit.com/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at game.nation-wars.com Port 80

MAGGIO
03-17-2012, 00:29
just read the part about the NON Iframe, but now I cant get it to resest so i can add the NON iframe code

Mr President
03-17-2012, 00:40
I fixed your link. Try it. If it doesn't work, PM me the link and I'll change it that way, but you should be good now.

MAGGIO
03-17-2012, 00:43
seems to work now

Scav
03-17-2012, 05:16
Connection failed (Could not resolve hostname.)

Mr President
03-17-2012, 10:28
Perhaps the site was having issues. I just checked ours and It seems fine. Let me know if you keep having issues and I'll check it out for you.

MAGGIO
03-28-2012, 15:35
I thought the chat room worked pretty good when we used it yesterday. it could be bigger but it wont resize, and the ad takes up a lot of the window, but hey its free.

BladeEWG
04-07-2012, 08:15
For me, its starts up ok when it loads up.
Then it goes black screen on me with a little white box in the upper right.
no place to type anything.

user error I'm sure.

do I need to d/l mirc for this?

Mr President
04-07-2012, 09:47
You shouldn't have to download anything to use it.

blaa
04-07-2012, 10:58
I see the chat, blade. After the black screen everything loaded fine and chat works.

the box is way too small :(

MAGGIO
04-07-2012, 11:34
the box is way too small :(
+1

BladeEWG
04-07-2012, 15:01
Maybe I just wasn't patient enuf.
Thanks Blaa

MAGGIO
04-20-2012, 22:12
Nation CBox not working for BT

MAGGIO
04-21-2012, 00:21
Not FoundThe requested URL /<iframe width="550"<br />height="350"src="http://widget.mibbit.com/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at game.nation-wars.com Port 80