PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable?

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 13:52
SA River Styxx(#461) DevilDog(#423)[DEAD] 323 Land / 322 Buildings, 758 Food 16:10:26-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) DevilDog(#423)[DEAD] 861 Land / 858 Buildings, 766 Food 16:09:03-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) Rivendell(#611)[DEAD] 963 Land / 947 Buildings, 183 Food 05:24:03-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) Rivendell(#611)[DEAD] 1.196 Land / 1.177 Buildings, 185 Food 05:19:27-2012/06/02

In Domination wars were started for even less than that. So how's it here - would it be acceptable by the community if LD Grim joined DEAD in some point during the set?

Playing techer outside your own nation, I personally would consider, a bit unfair towards your own mates, but this kind of double tapping...I don't really know what to think. Please educate me.

EDIT: As was made clear by LD Grim, my question wasn't asked well enough. Therefore, clarified my question. Thank you Dogma, for answering my initial question.

Dogma
06-02-2012, 14:04
SA River Styxx(#461) DevilDog(#423)[DEAD] 323 Land / 322 Buildings, 758 Food 16:10:26-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) DevilDog(#423)[DEAD] 861 Land / 858 Buildings, 766 Food 16:09:03-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) Rivendell(#611)[DEAD] 963 Land / 947 Buildings, 183 Food 05:24:03-2012/06/02
SA River Styxx(#461) Rivendell(#611)[DEAD] 1.196 Land / 1.177 Buildings, 185 Food 05:19:27-2012/06/02

In Domination wars were started for even less than that. So how's it here - is it acceptable by the community?

Playing techer outside your own nation, I personally would consider, a bit unfair towards your own mates, but this kind of double tapping...I don't really know what to think. Please educate me.

It is, to me, the same as feeding and I know that is not accepted by the community or at least -Z-.

It has always been considered underhanded and deceitful, so you decide for yourself

Will
06-02-2012, 14:16
It is, to me, the same as feeding and I know that is not accepted by the community or at least -Z-.

It has always been considered underhanded and deceitful, so you decide for yourself

Underhanded, perhaps, but fairly minor.

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 15:56

I'm guessing it's something learned from watching ICN & Sky play.

Anyway if you have a problem with something pertaining to Grim have your FA person contact ours and I'm sure something can get worked out.

::LD::GrimReapr
06-02-2012, 16:08
I am currently not in a nation so what is unfair or underhanded about this? I have seen people hit nation mates and jump into the nation maybe I Should jump into DEAD and then it would be acceptable. You tell me where the foul play is here.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 16:10
I'm guessing it's something learned from watching ICN & Sky play.

Well, I must admit I know nothing about what ICN/SKY/DEAD or whoever else has done in past rounds. This is my first full round in NW and that's the reason why I'm asking here about current community standards and not bombarding DEAD right now ;)

Although, I do have read through a decent amount of threads during the last days and I know that last set WLF declared war on ICN with the claim of ICN being feeding. Unfortunately, no proof was given.

06-02-2012, 16:17
WLF declared for feeding DEAD declared because Blaa threatened with war.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 16:20
DEAD declared because Blaa threatened with war.
Yes, I know this myself too, but in current context it is rather irrelevant and a bit off topic, isn't it? That's why I only mentioned WLF ;)

I believe I should think about this for a while more and further observe what's going on in-game, because it's day and night between what Dogma said and what DEAD considers acceptable...

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 16:25
And what does ICN consider acceptable? It would be very easy for me to get on here and cry everytime someone from Sky SA's a member ICN and vice versa.

You're trying to start something that just isn't there to be started. :thumbdown:

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 16:30
Why do you think I'm trying to get something started? I'm not even in such a position in ICN to get anything started :D

But yeah, what's up with the constant retaliation with ICN/Sky? Feel free to PM me if you've got some good experiences to share.

06-02-2012, 16:31
They just like to cite rules or what's acceptable when someone other than they do it it because GRIM/DEAD has never done anything like this before but has seen it done over and over again be multiple different players and nothing. Ever done about it Must be acceptable unless GRIM/DEAD Dies something about it. So now we
Try and play your way counting beans an doing what others do Now we have a bean counting retard crying foul.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 16:39
They just like to cite rules or what's acceptable when someone other than they do it it because GRIM/DEAD has never done anything like this before but has seen it done over and over again be multiple different players and nothing. Ever done about it Must be acceptable unless GRIM/DEAD Dies something about it. So now we
Try and play your way counting beans an doing what others do Now we have a bean counting retard crying foul.

Sorry my dear friend, but I asked a simple question regarding one example. I did not come here to cry out loud or accuse you of any foul play or anything like. If you feel touched by a newb asking a simple 'yes or no' questions then this is you who is crying out here.

But regarding what followed my question - 'everybody else does it' is not an excuse for a real man.

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 16:50
Why do you think I'm trying to get something started? I'm not even in such a position in ICN to get anything started :D

But yeah, what's up with the constant retaliation with ICN/Sky? Feel free to PM me if you've got some good experiences to share.

There is NO other reason to start this thread except to stir things up. That was your intent and you trying to say anything otherwise is just silly.

06-02-2012, 16:52
Your right it's not an acceptable answer. But it also wasn't done like how you ask or insinuate. I am not in a nation nor did I receive gb before I grabber those people. Have you looked at other in he and see the gb give and take from players is this acceptable? There are a lot of things that happen in this game that are questionable. The so called acceptability I what I did is funny because if you find grabs of people comin out of protection do you not grab them? I was grabbed righ after I came out of protection of grabbing those people was that acceptable? You like the rest of ICN Like to focus on GRIM/DEAD and prove me wrong by looking around and posting all the oter so called shady things going on and asking about them Being acceptable.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 16:57
@DevilDog: That is your personal point of view. Good, point taken.

But I see it differently. I am a returning player who has played many rounds in Domination both with and against blaa and my relations with him are nothing but neutral. When he invited me to start playing again I had a look in the forums and found rather many controversal statements about both blaa and ICN. I asked this question here to get the full picture not just blaa's or Blade's point of view.

Your right it's not an acceptable answer. But it also wasn't done like how you ask or insinuate. I am not in a nation nor did I receive gb before I grabber those people. Have you looked at other in he and see the gb give and take from players is this acceptable? There are a lot of things that happen in this game that are questionable. The so called acceptability I what I did is funny because if you find grabs of people comin out of protection do you not grab them? I was grabbed righ after I came out of protection of grabbing those people was that acceptable? You like the rest of ICN Like to focus on GRIM/DEAD and prove me wrong by looking around and posting all the oter so called shady things going on and asking about them Being acceptable.

Ok, I see it now, my question was not well asked. Let me re-phrase myself:
Is it acceptable for a leading member of a nation to play outside the nation in the beginning of the set and to grab well above average land(considering it's the beginning of the set) from his nation mates and to join the nation afterwards?

It's the whole package that I was interested in, not just the grabbing bit. Sorry for causing the misunderstanding.

LD Grim, I respect your opinion, because you seem to be a man who lives his values. What would be your answer to this question?

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 17:09
I had a look in the forums and found rather many controversal statements about both blaa and ICN.

I'm wondering....is that all you saw was many "controversal" comments about Blaa and/or ICN? Really? Nothing coming from them?

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 17:11
Good point. Language not well used. Controversal statements both from and about ;)

EDIT: Although, one can write about himself too, so maybe not that good of a point :P

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 17:16
Ok, I see it now, my question was not well asked. Let me re-phrase myself: Is it acceptable for a leading member of a nation to play outside the nation in the beginning of the set and to grab well above average land(considering it's the beginning of the set) from his nation mates and to join the nation afterwards?

****, I just had to run and check to see if LD joined Grim.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 17:18
25 more days to keep an eye on it ;)

EDIT: Techers usually can afford to be outside a nation for at least half a set

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 17:26
25 more days to keep an eye on it ;)

EDIT: Techers usually can afford to be outside a nation for at least half a set

And as soon as I see anyone from this day forward join ICN I will get on here and cry foul. Then again I probably won't because I really don't care about such things....lol

Anyway this conversation has about ran its course for me so I'm going to hop on out of it for now. I have to say you landed in the right nation though because you do tow the company line! :rolleyes:

Good luck during the set, I hope you finish well.

ukurasmus
06-02-2012, 17:32
Although, I didn't get any kind of answer from you regarding this question, I still thank for your time and contribution. At least you and LD Grim helped me re-phrase my initial question in a more proper and suitable manner ;)

Good luck you too :)

06-02-2012, 18:19

It would be feeding if I would have accepted GB before I started grabbing people. How is it feeding? I am grabbing people out of protection just as anyone else does. maybe if it was someone other than DEAD/GRIM being grabbed nothing would have been said. I am not in a nation nor did I jump into DEAD/GRIM after making those grabs. So someone please explain to me how grabbing people out of protection is feeding because if I am guilty of it so is everyone playing this game and NHN in LOR is guilty of it since he grabbed me.

06-02-2012, 18:32
@DevilDog: That is your personal point of view. Good, point taken.

But I see it differently. I am a returning player who has played many rounds in Domination both with and against blaa and my relations with him are nothing but neutral. When he invited me to start playing again I had a look in the forums and found rather many controversal statements about both blaa and ICN. I asked this question here to get the full picture not just blaa's or Blade's point of view.

Ok, I see it now, my question was not well asked. Let me re-phrase myself:
Is it acceptable for a leading member of a nation to play outside the nation in the beginning of the set and to grab well above average land(considering it's the beginning of the set) from his nation mates and to join the nation afterwards?

It's the whole package that I was interested in, not just the grabbing bit. Sorry for causing the misunderstanding.

LD Grim, I respect your opinion, because you seem to be a man who lives his values. What would be your answer to this question? I am going to answer your question with a question. Do we all not grab people coming oop? I don't see how its feeding because I can be grabbed just as anyone else can be. Now do I think its feeding if they would have grabbed me 4-5 times before hand then me grab them for the land I grabbed them for sure as hell do but I wasn't grabbed for GB the land I grabbed was taken from me by someone else doing what? You guessed it waiting for people to come oop. whether or not I join the nation is irrelevant. I don't feel it's feeding one because just as fast as I grabbed the land someone else grabbed me cause I had no GB. As I stated above if they had grabbed me 4-5 times then me grab them it would be feeding because then the land cant be taken from me atleast not in large chunks like it was. Now anyone is free to come on here and prove me wrong or state their opinion or disclaimer mine of whether or not its feeding. I am sorry just fail to see how its feeding since everyone does it. Immoral now there ya got me. Immoral for grabbing my nation mates or people I was in a nation with hell yes 100% immoral.

Divine Intervention
06-02-2012, 20:15
I doubt LD is competing for top1. If he isn't then who cares at the end of the day. If you feel so strongly about it - do something. Also, there's nothing wrong with DEAD players telling LD when theyre coming OOP. Id rather my team mate grabbed me than someone else. Plus as LD said he didnt get GB protection back from them. At the moment this is all very low level stuff. People are just jealous that they didnt get to grab those DEAD states OOP. LD has my full support on this.

MellonColly
06-02-2012, 20:24
i'll just AA him down when he inf hoards :)

esco
06-02-2012, 20:39
Looks like feeding. Wars would get started for those type of things back in the good ol' days.

Hell if I was leading a nation or even playing I'd declare war on them in a few days. Too bad :crying:

bigstink
06-02-2012, 21:00
I cry foul!!!! LD, you are weak and should have hit me :tongue:: So what exactly is the problem here? 2 days into the set and already DEAD is being called out :)
A. We don't inf hoarde, PERIOD!!!
B. We are always war ready and looking for a fight
C. Who gives a flying rats *** about the #1 spot (not anybody in DEAD)
D. LD will be joining DEAD when he is good and ready along with a few others so piss on it
E. To refrence some of my past posts... We really don't care what anybody thinks (except maybe our allies)

Have I covered all areas here? Or does further explination need to be given on this matter?

Dogma
06-02-2012, 21:20
You know, it seems to me that a person who doesn't speak English as his first language tried to ask a question and the phrasing may not have been what you wanted, but FFS, just answer the man's question.

If you aren't guilty of something why cry so much over a question? **** guys, calm down and answer the man's question.

MellonColly
06-02-2012, 21:27
your supposed to delete your state or atleast rename it so no one suspects anything for awhile...Don't you guys learn anything

06-02-2012, 21:45
I did answer the mans question.

bigstink
06-02-2012, 22:02
blaa, blaaa, blaaaa....
guess I better put the bombers in que. Looks like its gonna be another long set :huh:

DevilDog
06-02-2012, 22:55
You know, it seems to me that a person who doesn't speak English as his first language tried to ask a question and the phrasing may not have been what you wanted, but FFS, just answer the man's question.

If you aren't guilty of something why cry so much over a question? **** guys, calm down and answer the man's question.

Huh? His English writing is better than most. However your understanding English seems to be a bit rusty because the "question" was answered more than once. :rolleyes:

@ LD - I told you before you have to write S................... L ................... O .................... W .................... E .................... R for some to understand....lol

06-03-2012, 00:40
mo more tiping ill respond mtorow when im not talk ing to thwe captaIN TOO wa to much to consentarte om whme drimk

blaa
06-03-2012, 08:46
Yes, it's acceptable. 2 good grabs won't make a ****ty state any better. He's going nowhere with his state, why waste your turns on taking down a harmless state (in #1 perspective).

06-03-2012, 08:48
Yea what the almighty Blaa said. besides cant you bean counting retards read my signature?

blaa
06-03-2012, 08:55
Why are you calling me retarded?

DevilDog
06-03-2012, 09:21
Why are you calling me retarded?

I would like to clarify that he actually called you a "bean counting retard". Simply calling you a flat out retard would not be doing you justice....lol

06-03-2012, 09:45
I don't know. Why are you calling my state ****ty? You would be proud of my state while I am upgrading I am hoarding infantry best look now though as soon as I finish upgrading I wont have just infantry any longer

06-03-2012, 09:46
I would like to clarify that he actually called you a "bean counting retard". Simply calling you a flat out retard would not be doing you justice....lol

Thanks for the clarification Rep to you for the clarification.

Will
06-03-2012, 10:09
Yes, it's acceptable. 2 good grabs won't make a ****ty state any better. He's going nowhere with his state, why waste your turns on taking down a harmless state (in #1 perspective).

What makes a "good" state in your opinion?

I'm guessing 100% infantry is step one, but what else?

blaa
06-03-2012, 11:19
Um, good state is one that is participating in a race towards gaining #1 spot at the end of the set.

DevilDog
06-03-2012, 11:27
Um, good state is one that is participating in a race towards gaining #1 spot at the end of the set.

Ummmm.....that's your opinion. I happen to think a good state is one that will kill yours at the drop of a dime. That's my opinion.

blaa
06-03-2012, 11:31
Yeah, and as we all know your opinion is the right one :)

DevilDog
06-03-2012, 11:46
Again you prove to be a flaming idiot. Did I say mine was right? You saying such a thing implies that you think EVERYONE should agree with you. For your information jack off not everyone that plays this game has unlimited time to play so the odds of those players getting the number one spot is out of the question. So maybe just maybe those players play the game just to have fun. For you to insinuate that those players "suck" is complete ignorance on your part.

blaa
06-03-2012, 11:51
wow

esco
06-03-2012, 11:54
So much disrespect and feeding is crazy. How the saying go? All talk and All talk or something

sorry me no speeky english

06-03-2012, 11:58
That's ok esco your forgiven for not speaking proper english. We don't mind. I understand you just fine.

heyneken
06-03-2012, 15:14
Again you prove to be a flaming idiot. Did I say mine was right? You saying such a thing implies that you think EVERYONE should agree with you. For your information jack off not everyone that plays this game has unlimited time to play so the odds of those players getting the number one spot is out of the question. So maybe just maybe those players play the game just to have fun. For you to insinuate that those players "suck" is complete ignorance on your part.

That awkward moment when everyone knows that you and LD are online 24/7...
But yeah, I pretty much agree with blaa's statement that this thread is pointless, because LD's lack of skill, even when feeding, is bewildering and not even funny anymore. I'm starting to think he's actually legally retarded and I'm kind of ashamed of myself for insulting him :S

Dogma
06-03-2012, 15:49
The name calling and nastiness in this one has gone far enough.

Thread closed.