PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Mr President
07-14-2012, 23:43
Nation Wars has been online for a little over 5 years now and fter recent events I am forced to think of just one thing... It's been a good run. I would like to take a minute and thank those of you who has been with us and contributed to the game. So many of you have made suggestions, tried to recruit, spent countless hours training new people and simply just working hard to make the game a better place.

I won't list names, only cause I don't want to forget someone and then offend them. But you all know who you are and I can't thank you enough for sticking with us and helping in all the ways you do.

Over 6yrs ago Svenne closed down World of War. None of us really knew the reason back then but after time he made some comments and a lot of it had to due with suiciding. When he was inducted into the NW Hall of Fame, one of the questions to him was:

What do you dislike about Nation-Wars? Suiciders! The suiciding going on have been a part of the game for a long long time now and the sad thing is that it is hurting the game. Fine you want to revenge, but when it's done over and over again it will in the end make people quit the game! And that's not what you want is it?

We went a year without this game and people missed it greatly. When I opened the game I wiped the slate clean and started fresh. I have always been excited to keep the game going and making improvements to it. Some didn't happen as fast as others wanted them to happen but we always moved forward and did the best I could. I have always enjoyed the enjoyment you all have had and that is what has always kept me going.. However, as of late, it's not all that enjoyable anymore and it's pretty much to the why bother attitude.

Anyway, thank you to those of you who have sacrificed so much to help keep the game going. You will never know how much I have truly appreciated it over the years.

Mr. President

pcgluva
07-15-2012, 03:58
so are we shutting down mike?

Max Logan
07-15-2012, 05:38
No. I made a bargain with him, so he won`t. I ignore suicides and keep playing, and he`s gonna keep trying for all of us!

DBozMen
07-15-2012, 07:26
Mr. P, we should be thanking you!

I mean without you we all would be lost. Some of us are playing this game for more then 10 years! Some might say we are addicted ;-).

So from all the players from WLF, Thank you!!

DevilDog
07-15-2012, 08:17
No. I made a bargain with him, so he won`t. I ignore suicides and keep playing, and he`s gonna keep trying for all of us!

Not sure why but after reading this I got a tingly feeling all over down there. :confused:

Divine Intervention
07-15-2012, 08:30
Mr. P, we should be thanking you!

I mean without you we all would be lost. Some of us are playing this game for more then 10 years! Some might say we are addicted ;-).

So from all the players from WLF, Thank you!!

Thank you Mr P!

p.s. who ever wins should rename his state "Mayor Fluffer" :p

p.p.s. we should delete Heynes 13333337 record :)

northbabylon
07-15-2012, 15:37
thanks pres, you have done so much for us the last 5 years.

pcgluva
07-19-2012, 02:21
serious thought mike what do you have planned

Devil
07-19-2012, 10:41
You know ill be around until it shuts down. But i know how you feel pres. I'm not near as active because it has lost some of its fun. But this community owes you a big thanks. It was you who tried to keep the community alive with NW (before you got the script and everything from Svenne) This game has brought countless hours of enjoyment laughter and sometimes heartache lol. I don't think anyone can blame you for any decision you make for the game. Thank you pres

Mr President
07-19-2012, 11:13
Thank you guys for the kind words.. Yes I did my part but you all are the reason we are still here.. I could code all day long but if we didn't have the good members we have then the game would not be any fun.

The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I REALLY do not want to close the game down. I would love to find the luster we lost and make the game fun again for those who have played it for so long. Many of the new people who join seem to enjoy the game and they are our next generation of players. We need to teach them well so they can continue what we all started.

I still want to make changes. I still want to fix the attacks. I still want to fix the LG formula and countless other things along with new ideas. I can't do these things if I'm spending my time with suiciders and roll backs and loop hole fixes ect ect.. Suiciding is the single most draining aspect to this game. It knocks the wind out of me everytime cause it sets us back each time it happens. Wars are one thing but plain old suicides for no real reason will kill this game. We should all know this as we saw what it did to WoW..

I don't want to take a hard core stance against it and start banning those who suicide. Please, please please just think about things before you do them. If you don't care about the game then just don't play it. Don't go off and ruin it for everyone else out of spite.

kitoy
07-19-2012, 21:23
http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/352/352249_300.jpg

MellonColly
07-20-2012, 09:01
kitoy that was beautiful! My thoughts exactly :P