PDA

View Full Version : 6 days in the set and ...

DBozMen
09-06-2012, 06:31
And it seems that upgrading isn't needed.

In the top 10 hardly any state except for the USA states are upgraded. It would seem that infantry at level 8 is the thing you need for the first 10 days to win a set and get up top.

And you people wonder why you get suicided? If I want I can spy op kill every infantry hoarding state and grab them, but i won't.

ukurasmus
09-06-2012, 10:34
It would seem that infantry at level 8 is the thing you need for the first 10 days to win a set and get up top.
That's correct. This is how you achieve best possible NW on day 28 ;)

DBozMen
09-06-2012, 11:22
That's correct. This is how you achieve best possible NW on day 28 ;)

When i was playing actively we were fully upgraded and stocked for war at day 6. Now the only way is to hoard infantry.... where is the challenge in that?

MellonColly
09-06-2012, 11:56
its not about just hoarding infantry.

It's a calculated time of when to jump.
When to upgrade to stay the highest and when to make the right grabs.
Also how much hoarding you need to do on your jump so you can break the top guy that is already hoarding. (This can be fixed with a new unit vs unit attack)

If its so easy like you say why aren't more poeple challenging for the top spot. Really though its about not blowing your money early on upgrading ships and agms. You spend 540 mil upgrading infantry which isnt too much but 1.4 bil and 900 mil early on to upgrade ships and agms....when this equals about 2.5 mil net in infantry had you bought those instead (not to mention the grabs you could be making instead of doing nothing but upgrade for ~60 turns on ships and agms)

So ya we hoard early...but we hoard out of necessity and the fact that it's not advantagous to upgrade quickly because then you are way behind. If we want to fix this we have to fix how the units interact in fights

if 500k lvl 8 ships let me defend against 20 mil inf better. than maybe i'd think about splurging 1.4 bil earlier to upgrade them

Divine Intervention
09-06-2012, 12:05
its not about just hoarding infantry.

It's a calculated time of when to jump.
When to upgrade to stay the highest and when to make the right grabs.
Also how much hoarding you need to do on your jump so you can break the top guy that is already hoarding. (This can be fixed with a new unit vs unit attack)

If its so easy like you say why aren't more poeple challenging for the top spot. Really though its about not blowing your money early on upgrading ships and agms. You spend 540 mil upgrading infantry which isnt too much but 1.4 bil and 900 mil early on to upgrade ships and agms....when this equals about 2.5 mil net in infantry had you bought those instead (not to mention the grabs you could be making instead of doing nothing but upgrade for ~60 turns on ships and agms)

So ya we hoard early...but we hoard out of necessity and the fact that it's not advantagous to upgrade quickly because then you are way behind. If we want to fix this we have to fix how the units interact in fights

if 500k lvl 8 ships let me defend against 20 mil inf better. than maybe i'd think about splurging 1.4 bil earlier to upgrade them

this pretty much. if your going for top1, upgrades are only a consideration when you've calculated that all potential other top1 stocker jumpers / top states cant catch you if they continue going 100percent inf...plus preferably done when tax is dropped.

DevilDog
09-06-2012, 12:21
When i was playing actively we were fully upgraded and stocked for war at day 6. Now the only way is to hoard infantry.... where is the challenge in that?

Exactly! ;)

::LD::GrimReapr
09-06-2012, 12:52
And this is why people get AAed. Jump away with nothing but infantry a few AAs take care of that infantry hoarding issue. then all that saved money by not upgrading just got pissed away.

MellonColly
09-06-2012, 14:18
ok sure. but your missing the point. It can be fixed and hopefully it will be by the changes soon.

not by this AA bull<edit> and infantry hoarding you guys call foul on all the time. People will stay push the "new norm" you guys are trying to impose so they finish first. Because upgrading ships and agm early is a death sentence when going for the number 1 spot. It can't be done.

DevilDog
09-06-2012, 16:18
Calm down killer, It can be done if EVERYONE upgrades ships and AGM. It has to be everyone though.

Anyway, I'm with you that hopefully this will be fixed with the possible changes.

Edit: One more thing. You and others can say it's "bull<edit>" what Grim is talking about but take note that Grim is NOT the only ones that feel the way they do about this subject. Also I say "talking about" because this has been going on for how many months now? & how many people have been AA'ed for hoarding? To me it's just a bunch of jibber jabber to make the forums look busy. Just my opiniion. ;)

MellonColly
09-06-2012, 17:08
I'm calm. Just stating the facts. If you upgrade early the way the game is set up now. You dont get 1st. And you can't make EVERYONE play the same way

I'm not calling it bull<edit> what they are talking about. I'm just lumping it all together saying this AA Bull<edit> that everyone throws around.

I realize theres more poeple that feel this way but I thought the point has already been beaten into a pulp. don't see why you need to bring it back up LD

ukurasmus
09-06-2012, 18:49
When i was playing actively we were fully upgraded and stocked for war at day 6. Now the only way is to hoard infantry.... where is the challenge in that?Exactly! ;) Obviously you have never tried or known how to compete for top 1

And this is why people get AAed. Jump away with nothing but infantry a few AAs take care of that infantry hoarding issue. then all that saved money by not upgrading just got pissed away. As long as the AAs put you or one of your comrades top 1, it's called war. If none of your bozos get the top spot following the AAs, it's plain suicide[meaningless screwing of other people's effort] that you're promoting here

how many people have been AA'ed for hoarding? Obviously one too many, because there has been a very clear oppostion to your terror since you started this 'BS'.

take note that Grim is NOT the only ones that feel the way they do about this subject. Two mediocre nations, one almost decent plus some fictional nations that support this ideology of yours, but none of the major nations behind it.

don't see why you need to bring it back up LD LD, Dboz and Anton are not dumb, if you've been paying attention then you probably have seen that they tend to justify every each act of their own and bash every act of those opposing. As there has not been any anti-infantry 'mentoring' going on this set, but here we have another attempt of justifying it, I'd expect some in the near future ;)

Divine Intervention
09-06-2012, 20:37
i dont take any particular stance on the whole infantry hoarding thing. its risky but only way to go for top1. when its done in top30 its simply annoying though. my association with GRIM is based more on me liking their players more than the players who were on the opposing side of their ideology wars back several months ago. Saying that, I always run stocking balanced war states for few years now...although if i ever tried for top1 again, Id hoard infantry until I was sure Kenneth or Ang wouldnt be able to catch me (although obviously have ships + sams, just lvl1).

edit: not that id bother going top1 again.

::LD::GrimReapr
09-07-2012, 01:12
I'm not justifying anything. I told you if you want to run defenseless go ahead to me that's suicide. You wanna steal my land with nothing but infantry and I can't grab you back because I have balanced state that has a higher upkeep go ahead but I'm coming back for my land and if you don't have ships not my problem. This is a war game any time you attack it may cause war. The standard attack is the biggest war attack to me not only do you kill my units but you steal my
Land. How many times do I have to tell you and your retarded friends to play how you want I'll play how I want. You wanna run defenseless in a war game your asking to get hit back with an attack that can do damage to you.

heyneken
09-07-2012, 08:03
ok sure. but your missing the point. It can be fixed and hopefully it will be by the changes soon.

not by this AA bullshit and infantry hoarding you guys call foul on all the time. People will stay push the "new norm" you guys are trying to impose so they finish first. Because upgrading ships and agm early is a death sentence when going for the number 1 spot. It can't be done.

Invalid. I did it.:closedeyes:

MellonColly
09-07-2012, 09:45
sure you did heyne...and you parted the red sea too :)

Dogma
09-07-2012, 11:06
and created crayons.

heyneken
09-07-2012, 12:53
I'm afraid you have been misinformed Dogma, but I did help create Skype, brah.

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 14:04
Obviously you have never tried or known how to compete for top 1

As long as the AAs put you or one of your comrades top 1, it's called war. If none of your bozos get the top spot following the AAs, it's plain suicide[meaningless screwing of other people's effort] that you're promoting here

Obviously one too many, because there has been a very clear oppostion to your terror since you started this 'BS'.

Two mediocre nations, one almost decent plus some fictional nations that support this ideology of yours, but none of the major nations behind it.

LD, Dboz and Anton are not dumb, if you've been paying attention then you probably have seen that they tend to justify every each act of their own and bash every act of those opposing. As there has not been any anti-infantry 'mentoring' going on this set, but here we have another attempt of justifying it, I'd expect some in the near future ;)

Quote me all you want because I'm not a "netter" and neither will you be anymore! :P

ukurasmus
09-07-2012, 15:05
That's too bad, because I've never been one. I tried last set, but obviously I am too impatient and have better things to do than to come online for a perfectly timed jump :D

Dogma
09-08-2012, 10:11
I'm afraid you have been misinformed Dogma, but I did help create Skype, brah.

LOL, I knew it was something...