PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Elections

Will
09-06-2012, 17:22
Would have thought there'd be some kind of thread on this by now.

So which of you are crazy enough to vote for Romney?

Divine Intervention
09-06-2012, 17:50
Ron Paul!!

BladeEWG
09-06-2012, 21:28
I don't think I'm crazy but yes my vote is for Mitt this time around.
if its any consulation for you tho, I haven't voted for a winner since Reagan.

MellonColly
09-06-2012, 21:56
I hope your streak stays alive! I will be voting Obama again. The far right scares the hell outa me

MAGGIO
09-06-2012, 22:24
wish rom would present a game plan so I can decide

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 01:41
Like Blade I don't consider myself "crazy" but I will be voting for Romney/Ryan. Unlike Blade though I haven't voted for a winner since G.W's second term. :)

Will
09-07-2012, 04:22
Do either of you earn millions? I can't understand why anyone not rich would touch the republicans with a ten mile pole.

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 04:34
You can't be serious? You think only millionaires can make up the Republican party?

BladeEWG
09-07-2012, 05:08
OMG I'm actually agreeing with DD?
Go figure ;)
Can't speak for DD, but I know I'm no millionaire.
But i do know economics.
Main ob growth is always promoted by upper middle to upper class in business.
Protect them with the incentives and they open new business , expand and and start new enterprises.
money creates money
They are the ones that open the larger facilities, not just the Mom and pop stores.
Give me a choice and I'll take the factory or office complex that employs 3-400 over a restaurant or pub with 20-30 any day.

free health care and added services for the unemployed is fine and noble.
But give people jobs and they can help themselves more then the government ever can.
Obama to me is putting band aids as he can, but thats not solving the underlying causes.

Will
09-07-2012, 05:58
You can't be serious? You think only millionaires can make up the Republican party?

The republican party (and to a lesser extent the democrats) exist to serve the interests of millionaires. The Democrats are better at hiding it.

And both unquestioningly serve the Israeli Lobby.

As for the economy, the whole edifice is based on consumer spending. You'll create a lot more jobs by improving the income of the working and lower middle class who actually spend their money in the stores, than to support the richest who put most of their money in hedge funds and other such schemes.

Also, cut the military budget in half and use the savings to form the basis of a "Federal Health Service" free at the point of use.

Do either of you seriously think that the richest americans give a **** about the country or the average US worker? If they could make more money by outsourcing every job in the US to China, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

MellonColly
09-07-2012, 08:47
yep I agree with Will here....

And blade I can't believe you'd say you'd rather take the corp over the small business...have fun with that. You want our whole **** economy run by corps I dont. I'd rather have small. O and I think Bill told the true tale with his 42 vs 24 mil jobs created by dems

MAGGIO
09-07-2012, 10:32
i dont agree with rep on social issues.

i also like the affordable health care act

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 12:51
And both unquestioningly serve the Israeli Lobby.

And once you said this our conversation ended.

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 12:55
OMG I'm actually agreeing with DD?
Go figure ;)

Nothing wrong with this. After all we're from the same generation. ;)

The generation that wasn't trained to think they're owed everything!

Will
09-07-2012, 13:30
And once you said this our conversation ended.

You seriously dispute it?

DevilDog
09-07-2012, 13:30
Ron Paul!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQlbesF0zA&list=UU67f2Qf7FYhtoUIF4Sf29cA&index=14&feature=plcp

There are other ones. If you haven't seen them take a minute or two to check them out. The ones with Mitt are priceless!

MellonColly
09-07-2012, 14:00
those blr sound bites are the best. The original one with mitt is great. and the one with rick santorum. and the new one with the vampire peeps

The best one though is the Rick Perry one.

Prolly my favorite line from all of them "What we need to do is get these goats for our computer industry!"

BladeEWG
09-07-2012, 19:25
Nothing wrong with this. After all we're from the same generation. ;)

The generation that wasn't trained to think they're owed everything!

yeppers i call it the "entitled generation"

And yes I would always take corporations over small business.
I think strictly in size, yes it does matter no matter what some women may say.

Outsourcing is the failure of the govenment not the fault of the businesses they are profit driven, thats their ob.
If our government would get their heads of their arses they woud think on how to encourage companies to stay rather then piss and moan when they leave.
We're not talking a real complex matter here and compromising is the key.
Unfortunately for Obama he lacks the ability to get compromises but thasts another matter entirely.

Will
09-07-2012, 19:37
Outsourcing is the failure of the govenment not the fault of the businesses they are profit driven, thats their ob.
If our government would get their heads of their arses they woud think on how to encourage companies to stay rather then piss and moan when they leave.
We're not talking a real complex matter here and compromising is the key.
Unfortunately for Obama he lacks the ability to get compromises but thasts another matter entirely.

True, Outsourcing can be blamed on the government. Why? because it refuses to slap down businesses that pursue profit at the expense of everything else, including the country as a whole. Companies should not be allowed to maximise profit at the expense of the well being of the American (or any other) people. Ideally, any company caught doing so would be nationalised without compensation, and the directors jailed. The Chinese don't take any crap from their businesses, indeed when they have put profit before the nation, some business owners have been executed.

As for compromise, that's impossible with groups like the Tea Party.

BladeEWG
09-08-2012, 04:33
So Will, we agree to disagree is all.

Will
09-08-2012, 06:28
Pretty much. I was hoping there'd be more people responding to this, given the number of US posters.

Dogma
09-08-2012, 09:41
Will, you and I are friends, I think anyway, and we have had political convos before. While I respect your thoughts and opinions, I categorically disagree with some of your ideas of how and what the Government should be or do. So I for one won't comment in this thread as when you and I go here, one of us gets ugly. --->Me