PDA

View Full Version : February Set

Mr President
01-28-2013, 17:57
The game has been reset back to it's original state prior to the changes. Instead of making more changes with the original version I have decided that it might be best if we play a set of the original right after playing a set with the changes. This way we can get a good look at what really needs to be changed. I like some of the ideas above but lets put some serious thought into smaller changes that have a bigger impact.

Our game was/is good just as it is. Trying to reinvent the wheel was just pointless. I think making a few smaller changes and redo our graphics will help us a lot. We will never have the 1,000 members we use to have but we can still have a decent community. I'm pretty sure next set you'll see a couple of the units go away, land grabs amounts changed a little and the beginning parts of unit balancing. But again, lets really look to see where we can make the smaller changes that will have the bigger impact.

Also, there will be some changes this set to the administrative staff. Dogma and Crimson have been promoted to VP's of the gaming side. They will still oversee the forum side until replacements can be found. There main jobs are now to assist with the day to day operations of the game. Starting out they will be doing little things but as time moves on they will be taking more and more. This will take a huge load off my back and then I can spend the time on the coding stuff without having to do in game stuff.

Maggio presented a good idea to me last set that I have asked him to roll with. I will let him explain in further detail when the time is right.

Hedge
01-28-2013, 18:21
cool congrats to dogma and crimson allthou i dont know who the later is.

MAGGIO
01-28-2013, 21:58
cool congrats to dogma and crimson allthou i dont know who the later is.

ditto, im excited to see some help at the wheel lol

whos got the wheel, whos got the gas, and well Iknow dogmas got the break lol

Dogma
01-29-2013, 07:17
ditto, im excited to see some help at the wheel lol

whos got the wheel, whos got the gas, and well Iknow dogmas got the break lol

Is that a retirement crack? Or do you mean brake?

Shabaz K
01-29-2013, 10:16

OMG!

when did you retire Dogma?? and Already? lol

Dogma
01-29-2013, 10:29
OMG!

when did you retire Dogma?? and Already? lol

2003, but it wasn't by choice, you knew that...

Hedge
01-29-2013, 11:22
he didnt retire he got work as a nw player :)

MAGGIO
01-30-2013, 22:46

i meant brake because you "pump the brakes" on some of my suggestions, but that is a good thing.

ranger2112
01-31-2013, 18:21
i was just getting used to the changes, sigh. o well, looking forward to Feb..o and congrats guys on the promotion.

MAGGIO
01-31-2013, 20:16
i cant believe you effers started SLOB again and didnt send me an invite...wtf pfft!

Dogma
02-01-2013, 18:11
Are you saying you actually want to play a set in my nation? Excuse me, our nation? (with me in it)

MAGGIO
02-01-2013, 18:30
hello! i am an OG SLOB member... one of the best times of my career. we fought wars for like 6-8 months in a row...

Dogma
02-02-2013, 11:52
hello! i am an OG SLOB member... one of the best times of my career. we fought wars for like 6-8 months in a row...
Yes, yes we did John. We fought many wars together and had so many people jumping us every set that I got tired of warring and shut it down. We fought valiantly together many times and died side by side on numerous occasions. We fought a defended our members with honor and vigor.

We don't want to do that anymore.

But, John, I haven't seen a single application to join...

Just sayin...

Divine Intervention
02-02-2013, 13:07
damn, Maggio just got publicly demoted.

Dogma
02-05-2013, 17:29
JOhn, were you going to join? No DI, he wasn't demoted, I don't even know what that means.

Divine Intervention
02-05-2013, 18:31
JOhn, were you going to join? No DI, he wasn't demoted, I don't even know what that means.

thats because a person like you only knows the word "promotion". things such as "demotion" are never uttered with you in mind :p

"demoted past participle, past tense of deĀ·mote
Verb
Give (someone) a lower rank or less senior position, usually as a punishment."

Dogma
02-06-2013, 22:08
I know what the word means I am somewhat educated and reasonably intelligent. What I don't know is what you are talking about as far as Maggio getting demoted...