PDA

View Full Version : Updates to the server

youngwebsolutions
06-29-2013, 14:07
Today we made some changes to server (mainly back-end)
This will allow mr. President to have easier access to certain settings.

In addition the following has changed as well:
Server IP
CDN hosing (you will now get your files from the nearest Data-centre to you of cloudfare.com)
this means where you are in the world you will all get your files at the same speed!

If you can read this, you are connect to the new configured server. PT:::

youngwebsolutions
06-29-2013, 14:30
In addition, the wiki is back, so help links should work any time soon. This time the wiki is not open, only registered users (this will be possible in the near future with your forum account) are able to make changes, to keep the spam bots out..

If there is someone, who is willing to make small unit descriptions, including some nice art work (pictures) we will be able to make the game easier for new players (i hope to bring about 4 new players after the summer as well!)

MAGGIO
07-01-2013, 00:59
my tax is set to 0% and all my production is set to 0% and it wont change.i check it. its at 0% everything. I change it to 50%, and then my production %s. I click on any page, and go back and its all set back to 0. running INDI 200+ turns, not one unit produced.

Ace
07-01-2013, 01:25
Mine was set to 100% Tanks?

zardozr
07-01-2013, 01:38
That error ALWAYS happens to me when I run the game on Chrome.

Mine was set to 100% spies, that part looks to be a random thing.

youngwebsolutions
07-01-2013, 05:30
My tax was 50% end 100% tanks production. After changing to desired values it keeps like that?! (this is on Firefox)
Maggio are you talking about the inital % or does it keep changing?

In that case, please advise what browser you are using, and if your are on desktop or mobile version of the game!

MAGGIO
07-01-2013, 15:33
everything turns to 0% on the entire page (tax and production) I am using and have always used Chrome.

youngwebsolutions
07-01-2013, 18:35
I can confirm and can reproduce maggio's problem with Chrome.. Other browsers are ok!

Short term fix: use another browser
long term: pray for mr. P to fix?!

Did the same error occur last week as well (before the weekend?)

Mr President
07-01-2013, 21:03
I am aware of the issue with chrome. I have tried a few things and haven't been able to fix it yet. Use FF to change your settings back or simply change to the desert theme. I'll try to figure out what is happening as soon as possible.

MAGGIO
07-01-2013, 23:24
I am aware of the issue with chrome. I have tried a few things and haven't been able to fix it yet. Use FF to change your settings back or simply change to the desert theme. I'll try to figure out what is happening as soon as possible.may i please have my state reset? w/o loosing turns?

MAGGIO
07-02-2013, 02:35
cannot get mobile to work, may be a server issue or no?

youngwebsolutions
07-04-2013, 04:44
Mobile site should work again.. there was a small DNS mistake with the cloudfare configuration making the Mobile site inaccessible.

MAGGIO
07-05-2013, 00:11
Mobile site should work again.. there was a small DNS mistake with the cloudfare configuration making the Mobile site inaccessible.
Still no mobile for me yet. I'll try again tomorrow

MAGGIO
07-05-2013, 13:58
mobile not loading after log in. just blank white screen. motorola droid bionic

MAGGIO
07-05-2013, 13:59
on a positive note, the mobile version of the forums is beyond expectations, and is extremely easy to use.

youngwebsolutions
07-05-2013, 16:46
I`m on my Android tablet now and forums work great. Game gives me also a white page as well! Will check with mr p on how to proceed.

Mr President
07-05-2013, 18:52
I'll check it out tonight

Mr President
07-05-2013, 18:56
I know what the error is. Dirk remember what I told you when there was an error on the main page of the main game? Same thing I bet. When I get home tonight I'll fix it.

Mr President
07-05-2013, 23:05
Issue has been fixed. Also, I have released two new mobile themes as well. Desert Theme and Classic theme are both available for mobile versions.

Mr President
07-05-2013, 23:07
Also, i noticed tonight that while in the mobile themes, tax and theme change scripts work perfectly no matter what browser I am using. That helps me a lot as now I know it is the new theme causing the issue with both of those. I'll begin to break it all down and see where the error is occurring during the page reload.

MAGGIO
07-06-2013, 00:36
Mobile working well. I think colors may be a plus as a mobile version. Many applications offer different color themes.

On pm sell when you enter the numbers. It keeps pushing my keyboard back to letters instead of keeping on numbers. Its odd because its the only form I have run into that does that.

MAGGIO
07-06-2013, 03:47
I really liked that chat feature that you had installed right before the move.

MAGGIO
07-06-2013, 03:55
those mobile themes look good, lots of potential there. classic is one of my favs on a pc, but it may be the hardest to read on the phone. but still its good.my suggestions are - nice logo on header of each screen- images just on the "home news" screen for POP upon logging in. there is alot of info on there, and images would help sort it out visually. small ones ovcourseive been doing mobile bout every 4th time i log in. im moving more and more over to it.

youngwebsolutions
07-06-2013, 07:16
I really liked that chat feature that you had installed right before the move.

This will be back soon, we have some performance issues, we think were related to the chat script..
hopefully some good news here soon aswell!..