PDA

View Full Version : 2014

Mr President
01-17-2014, 17:42
Another year... Time flies man. Seems like yesterday we just opened up the game again. Well it has been a great time since then. We have had our ups and downs but we are still here chugging along. One of the final things I wanted to get implemented in 2013 was Oil. Sadly I just wasn't able to get it done. I am planning on implementing it at the end of this round. I have oil fully loaded in the main game but I do not have it in the mobile version yet. I have been tracking the mobile version stats and we have 1 member who uses it regularly. There have been 3 total that use it but not often. So with those stats I am not going to hold back implementing oil for the main version. I will pull down the mobile version for a small amount of time until I can get oil loaded in that version. No need to hold back for one member.

I expected the mobile version to be used more but I am happy that the main version is used the most. The game is small and I think now would be the best time to get oil implemented and part of the game. It really won't make that big of a difference at first as the settings reflect the same as food. So military units that shouldn't use food (tanks, ships, jets and bombers) will simply replace food with Oil with the same settings as food was (consumption ect ect). Once we play a few sets I'll begin to change it up some to make it more challenging. Oil could be it's own strat but I suspect farmers or techers will run both.

The public market is tough with low membership. We may look at changing that around but for now it stays the same. I continue to work out of town so my free time is far less than what it use to be. :( And I don't see it changing anytime in the near future.

I know our game is not huge but I enjoy our little community. The game still has a future and we will continue to do what we can to make it even better.

Happy New Year to everyone and here is to a great 2014 to you and Nation Wars.

Rmstepp
01-17-2014, 20:56
I am the 1 and only mobile user...the regular site will be fine for a while, I suppose I will survive :RM:

blaa
01-19-2014, 04:20
Sounds good, Mr P.
Not too worried about the oil introduction. Usually when somebody would want to change something in the game, I would naturally oppose, but this seems more like a cosmetic change, so I doubt it could hurt as much as nw 2.0 did :p.

We had a "reunion" set last year, maybe try that again? Send a mass email out the previous month and try to get the numbers up again. I think March set could be the set for that. It's still a "winter month". People spend more time inside so it's a great time to promote a computer game.
When people come back, they'll see all those unfamiliar nation tags. Maybe we should contact some of the old nation leaders so they would revive their tags first? I mean, if some LoR players would return and they don't see LoR in the nation list, then I think it is likely that they won't return at all. Same goes to all the other bigger nations, which had loyal followers over the years.

How I think the process should look:
January: Contact key members about the reunion set. Ask them to revive their nations for February set.
February: At mid February send out a mass e-mail to all of our lost sons and daughters. Attract them with the superawesome new theme and the introduction of oil. They'll come to check it out. See familiar nation tags and join them.
March: Success

I think we should clean up the state list and nation list. Having all those bots there might make the newbies think there's activity in the game, but we can't fool the old veteran, who's returning.

Missionary
01-19-2014, 18:22
sounds good, and i agree with blaa about the nations list and scores list. they have only started moving within the last few days so might aswel just get rid of them all n clean it up abit.

Rmstepp
01-19-2014, 23:06
Blah I think that's a good idea to get players back in the game

MAGGIO
01-21-2014, 13:30
old guys just come back for a set or two and leave. you see a guy with the "N" next his name... that person represents our future. Nations like NiP, and WINGS need to keep up the good work and grow in numbers.

MAGGIO
01-21-2014, 13:31
not to say that a reunion set is a bad idea, they are fun.

northbabylon
02-13-2014, 21:31
I was actually going to suggest another reunion set. I still have the cell numbers and emails of a lot of the past players. I think it would be great to send one out with the recent changes.

blaa
03-02-2014, 11:17
Try the reunion thingie next set?!?

This oil/tech/food change might be off/might be not, but either way it would take sets to find out. So I guess the next thing we need is mooooooaaaar players!

heyneken
03-02-2014, 15:28
Someone needs to create ****ing AI machines, so we wouldn't have to depend on real people.

Norrisville
03-04-2014, 20:55
We need to attract new players more than we need to bring back old core members of the community. I agree, it's an important step, but it's not the solution imo. We need new players, and we need those new players to feel engaged, not disconnected. That should be our focus above all

Norrisville
03-04-2014, 20:57
App is also a big step. This is 2014 after all :)