PDA

View Full Version : May Set

Mr President
04-23-2014, 21:41
Just a couple of changes for next set.

1- Bonus turns for daily login. - States will now receive bonus turns for logging in every 24hrs. These do not accumulate and can only be claimed once a day. You will see the message in your news feed on the main page. (barracks) It always will be on top so it's can't be missed and won't go away until the bonus turns are accepted. These are above and beyond the regular bonus turns. These are meant to stimulate activity and also advance game play.

2- Tank values will be adjusted again. (please submit suggestions on these) I feel we are getting closer to where they need to be. I know there are suggestions in other threads. Instead of me looking through all of those, please make a suggestion on this thread.

3- Food - Food prices are going up! Max price will now be 110.00 and the min will remain the same.

4 - Food usage for each unit will increase as well.

I am working on something for the public market where you can adjust the price while the goods are on the market. I haven't fully decided how many times but at most it would be two. (i'm thinking just once for now)

I don't think there would be a penalty at this time, but we would keep the 7.5% penalty for early removal. I think this will be a nice feature to have and will help with market sales. States would have to choose wisely if or when they would want to adjust the price. I don't think we should allow prices to increase, only decrease but I'm curious on opinions. This is only an idea at this moment. I have ran a few tests but if you guys don't like the idea then we can drop it.

MarineRecon
04-23-2014, 22:54
drop the adjusting price part...

as for tanks...ive mentioned in a previous thread that:

infantry could gain a little more net since you have more of them but don't have the greatest strength and tanks are the opposite (less networth but more strength)...this gives you the option of choosing do you want more networth or more strength...obv the more infantry you have the more close they are to equalizing with the strength of the tanks...just a thought, im sure it would need adjusting

Norrisville
04-24-2014, 19:43
drop the adjusting price part...

as for thanks...ive mentioned in a previous thread that:

infantry could gain a little more net since you have more of them but don't have the greatest strength and tanks are the opposite (less networth but more strength)...this gives you the option of choosing do you want more networth or more strength...obv the more infantry you have the more close they are to equalizing with the strength of the tanks...just a thought, im sure it would need adjusting

I like the idea regarding tanks. If you're looking for a happy medium, Pres, then making them both beneficial in some way is best. Tanks giving you your best strength for your dollar with inf the best net for your dollar (or vice versa) is a good way to split it.

Mr President
04-28-2014, 11:12
I have decided to go another way. Instead of adjusting tanks again, I gave Infantry a strength boost. (It will now be .85) I think this will make Infantry a little more attractive while also keeping tanks valuable as well.

Each of the units food consumption has been adjusted as well.

Food Min/Max has been adjusted. Min is now 80.00 and Max is now 110.00. We need to give farmers a little boost so increasing the cost and consumption should help this. We will play a set and see where it needs to go from there.

1 Out of the top 5 states was Oil strat. The rest were indy. I haven't adjusted Casher at all as I think Indy and Casher are a little more even now with the extra costs associated with Oil.

I know some of you who are use to the way things always have been are having some issues with Oil. I think it would be a mistake to remove it from the game. It plays a part and once the values are tweaked just right, it will all work out. The biggest complaints about oil is, it's another resource that you have to pay attention to so you don't red turn. I'm not too concerned over that as I don't think we should make the game so simple that you don't have to pay attention to what you're doing. As it is, red turns only penalize you 1% instead of 3%.

I'll reset the round later today. I like to keep it like this so people have a chance to log on and check out the final scores.

Thanks,
MP

MarineRecon
04-28-2014, 11:19
sounds good thanks pres...looking forward to another good round

northbabylon
04-30-2014, 23:03
Got bonus for 20 turns. I think that is a bit to many. Perhaps make it 5 turns?

MarineRecon
05-01-2014, 00:26
its to promote activity in the game so people come on more often...20 is a significant amount for showing your support of the game and everybody has the opportunity to get them anyway

northbabylon
05-01-2014, 11:54
Yes, but logging in now with a possible 380 turns for a FS is huge.

MarineRecon
05-01-2014, 12:28
it is but that's what makes contacting other nations for alliances, pacts, and such that much more important...

Mr President
05-01-2014, 13:49
Yes, but logging in now with a possible 380 turns for a FS is huge.

Yes and now logging in with extra turns to defend against a FS is huge. This isn't a one sided event. Every state has the ability to claim these turns. If certain people received them while others did not, then I would agree with you.

The whole point of this is the help daily activity. The turns needed to be large enough to make the login worthwhile, but small enough to no unbalance the game.

northbabylon
05-04-2014, 18:58
Yes and now logging in with extra turns to defend against a FS is huge. This isn't a one sided event. Every state has the ability to claim these turns. If certain people received them while others did not, then I would agree with you.

The whole point of this is the help daily activity. The turns needed to be large enough to make the login worthwhile, but small enough to no unbalance the game.

Do new players receive more turns from the daily log in? Some of the states in ZA have way more turns than everyone else.

Mr President
05-05-2014, 13:01
No..They don't receive more turns via the new bonuses, But new players do have the ability to complete the "Missions" and they award them some turns when completing those.

northbabylon
05-05-2014, 15:21
The missions tab is no longer there for him. It is now his 3rd set. He currently has 55 more turns than anyone else in the nation.

Perhaps it is because he is receiving bonus' at different times than prem members are?

Mr President
05-05-2014, 15:58
That is possible. Plus, there is a random event that gives 25 turns as well. Maybe he scored one of those. If your suspicious, send in a report and I'll take a look.

northbabylon
05-05-2014, 16:54
I wasn't aware of that random event. that would make sense then. Cause I think he collects his bonus turns a few hours before we do. 20+25 is the 45 turn bonus. Still missing 10.

No I did not edit this :)

Missionary
05-06-2014, 14:08
I wasn't aware of that random event. that would make sense then. Cause I think he collects his bonus turns a few hours before we do. 20+25 is the 55 turn bonus.

im sure that makes 45 lol

with the daily bonuses and voting on the sites, how do you vote on the 2nd bonus? coz i imagine most people do what i do and if there isnt a "vote here" button on that page i more on to the next bonus without voting.

northbabylon
05-06-2014, 18:18
im sure that makes 45 lol

with the daily bonuses and voting on the sites, how do you vote on the 2nd bonus? coz i imagine most people do what i do and if there isnt a "vote here" button on that page i more on to the next bonus without voting.

I am prem. I don't do any voting :)

Missionary
05-07-2014, 15:23
surely that only harms that game meaning we get less votes on those sites?

Mr President
05-08-2014, 09:08
Can I get some feedback on the current settings please.

blaa
05-08-2014, 11:50
remove food or oil, remove inf or tanks

northbabylon
05-08-2014, 13:34
I like the changes.
While per dollar, infantry has better military str. Tanks have better nw.

However, if you go one turn producing 100% tanks and 1 turns producing infantry, you actually produce more military str with tanks. So not only per turn are you producing more Nw with tanks, you are also producing more military str. Maybe my maths wrong, but the production amount may need to be adjusted.

MAGGIO
05-11-2014, 13:41
i think it is interesting that in the middle of the set, the top ten does not have very far gaps between them. 1 and 2 are close, and 3 and 4 could catch them... its actually a tighter race than normally.

heyneken
05-11-2014, 15:23
i think it is interesting that in the middle of the set, the top ten does not have very far gaps between them. 1 and 2 are close, and 3 and 4 could catch them... its actually a tighter race than normally.

lol. keepitdelusional.png