PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Mr President
06-24-2014, 12:07
A while back we started having some problems where certain members were being deleted from the database. It took some time but I found the problem. We were hacked and the hacker dropped a rogue plugin into the forums. I took care of the issue and thought I closed the loophole but yesterday they got back in again and the same users were deleted. I don't know who or why someone is doing this. It's not like we are a large community. But honestly, It's getting to the point it's no longer worth keeping up with everything. This is taking way to much time to constantly fight with. This time, we lost all of our members who joined over the last 3 weeks. I'm working to get the accounts back but it takes time. Also, sadly, many of the nice features we had in the forums have now been removed. I'm trying to patch whatever hole they are getting in through but I honestly do not know. So if whomever is doing this would like to come forward and help me out, that would be great :) If this keeps happening I will have no choice but to close it all down. It's the last thing I want to do but I just don't have the time to keep spending on issues like this.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all a heads up as to why the forums look different. I'm sure some of the leaders will receive messages from people who's account is no longer around. I'm sorry for the inconveniences but I'm hoping to have some if not all of those back up within the next day or so.

Regards,
Mr P.

northbabylon
06-24-2014, 12:30
Is it a possible issue with bulletin? Do other games that use this forum also experience this issue?

blaa
06-27-2014, 02:58
Really sucks to hear that someone is hacking the game just to delete some accounts. What the hell are they thinking? Would make more sense if they were deleting same accounts for some revenge or something, but they are just deleting random accounts, right?

So aren't there any programmers with us? I'd expect to have atleast a couple. So help MrP!

Missionary
06-27-2014, 17:51
Seems like the same few account getting deleted over and over again lol

Max Logan
06-29-2014, 04:06
I blame Xav! :o

blaa
07-03-2014, 07:22
Do we get shoutbox back eventually?