PDA

View Full Version : War November set

Superpasha69
10-28-2014, 10:16
Hey guys,

It looks inevitable that some kind of war will break out, so I propose that we just agree on it here.
And have a war.

As soon as all original state from a nation die, the nation will be declared defeated and can not continue the war. Or something like it...so it is not a war to the last day.

NZ guys, warring is a whole new way of warring, I think you should join the war too and have a 3ways or is USG comes 4way war.
If you decide to join up, tell us now, so between NiP and Eleet, we can find an experience member who will join your nation and lead the war for you (best way to learn)

Alternatively, we can have 2 nation war, with ALL players from other nation joining us and we can have a war 20vs20 or so.

Just throwing few ideas out there.

What you guys think/propose?

blaa
10-28-2014, 10:23
I think this won't be that interesting.
As you know, killing states is not hard in nw, so the winner might be clear after the first strike.

I rather propose this:
Lets put a prize for following wins (mrp perhaps can give the winners some premium?):
* Highest nw - on a set, where war is ok and promoted, winning is difficult and should be respected
* Highest nw killed - given to a state who killes the state with highest nw

This promotes a couple of things, imo. First of all nations wouldnt just wipe each other out. They'd still be netting, but... best netters are targets.

Or something like that, just please lets not make this about who kills the most states/nw. We don't have that many active states for that.

MarineRecon
10-28-2014, 10:44
yeah count me out I don't have time to play as is so I def don't have time to war...im just going to expand and build all round again like I did this round

Visconti
10-28-2014, 10:53
http://www.upload.ee/image/4330554/killal.jpg

Dogma
10-28-2014, 12:51
Yeah, my first full set back after a long absence and needing to learn changes, I don't think I will willingly participate in a war... not yet.

Mr President
10-29-2014, 11:30
Don't worry Dogma, you and I will sit in our electric wheelchairs and watch the show :popcorns:

Hedge
10-29-2014, 16:57
declares war on mr p oh wait i might need a state first oh well forum war :P

blaa
10-30-2014, 00:34
wardogs will be casher/resource this set. So everybody else, please be indies.

Superpasha69
10-30-2014, 03:38
hahaha yeah we are 100% goign to be cashiers too...and indy :))

FrogBu
10-30-2014, 03:48
I say we all don't allow Pasha to get over 1m NW ever for a reset and call that a victory. :)

Superpasha69
10-30-2014, 04:01
I say we all don't allow Pasha to get over 1m NW ever for a reset and call that a victory. :)

I knew ud say something pointless as always :p

Dogma
10-30-2014, 04:40
Don't worry Dogma, you and I will sit in our electric wheelchairs and watch the show :popcorns:

Wait... What? You got electric? Mine has no wheels. I just have a bag chair...

Mr President
10-30-2014, 07:57
hahahaha Well the President should have it easier :)

northbabylon
10-30-2014, 11:32
my hard earned taxes should not go towards an electric wheelchair for the president...

Superpasha69
10-30-2014, 12:10
to get back to original topic.

I like Blaa proposal, netting and warring will allow a more stable economy for the rest of the players.

The whole thing of highest NW state killed, is however not too interesting. Why should the killing state get reward for the work of a nation?

As for the reward thing, well me personally I dont want prem :)) There is way more advantages in collecting bonuses manually.
However, an introduction of Nation medals, for highest NW killed and etc should be considered. If not now then at some other point.

From what I understand, we basically War-net...and winner will be a nation with top state having higher NW than the other nations top state?

Missionary
10-30-2014, 14:06
how do you decide when to finish warring?

Superpasha69
10-30-2014, 15:20
open for discussion.

How about a war that lasts 7 days? Simple and not too much time will be required.

Missionary
11-01-2014, 04:41
seemed like a pretty short discussion lol

blaa
11-01-2014, 06:38
open for discussion.

How about a war that lasts 7 days? Simple and not too much time will be required.

We're in.

How about starting from third week (we agree on a date/time when we declare, should be suitable for both of us) and then 7 days from that we see a winner.

Visconti
11-01-2014, 07:08
This is probably the politest war ever.

MarineRecon
11-01-2014, 14:51
yeah its like I hate you but love you so let me kill you but if you kill me first its all good we can hug after lmao

blaa
11-02-2014, 00:46
yeah its like I hate you but love you so let me kill you but if you kill me first its all good we can hug after lmao

what

blaa
11-02-2014, 12:22
I propose war start 18th of November. Declaration time some time in the evening.

PS. eleet wont be having external help (from EST or Margus' nation). There, you have it in writing now, no paranoia.

Superpasha69
11-03-2014, 07:57
I propose war start 18th of November. Declaration time some time in the evening.

PS. eleet wont be having external help (from EST or Margus' nation). There, you have it in writing now, no paranoia.

The date seems okay, but i need to confirm wiht my guys. At the moment we are still waiting for some people to tag up, 2 or 3...hopefully :)
Also 1 member is from NZ, i will mark him out to you, so you do not kill him first.

Any other nations plan to participate?

Missionary
11-03-2014, 12:32
doesnt look like there are any other nations. where have lom and USOG gone?

Mr President
11-03-2014, 14:40
The leader of LOM hasn't logged in yet this set. I send a message to the other state letting them know I'll transfer leadership or they can jump out of that nation. I doubt that the other state has any privs so they are missing out on a lot of stuff.

Missionary
11-04-2014, 13:58
that happened last set aswel. took the leader like a week to sign in.

Superpasha69
11-17-2014, 07:39
NiP and Eleet Agreed on following rules for the 7day war.

War will be declared at 18:00 on Tuesday the 18th

We agree that we can only kill 1 state per 24 hours, starting from 00:00 Server Time
All other states can be attacked, but must be left with minimum 1000 Land

All the states in both nation apart from Margus #10 will participate in the war, Margus will stay neutral and will not be even carrying out spy ops on NiP members.

Visconti
11-17-2014, 08:44
Sounds boring!

blaa
11-17-2014, 09:03
You are welcome to join with your own rules ;)

Visconti
11-17-2014, 10:34
Yea probably, coz our Plan A has been compromised and gotta come up with somekinda plans B and C now.

Superpasha69
11-17-2014, 11:25
Sounds boring!

hahaha, i feel completely opposite, coz this is gonna be a different way of warring. Quite exited actually :)
btw who are you in game?

Visconti
11-17-2014, 12:22
Guy who gave you SA advice yesterday but you decided not to take it:thumbdown::D

Superpasha69
11-17-2014, 17:06
hehehe :))))

MarineRecon
11-18-2014, 19:10
so umm random question...what happened to only killing 1 state per 24 hours??? :confused:

heyneken
11-18-2014, 19:51
welp i'm out, see you in another life guys :)

Cemetary
11-18-2014, 20:18
so umm random question...what happened to only killing 1 state per 24 hours??? :confused:

looking at the kill time and his rules, it seems he meant the 24 hour period resets at 00:00. so not once every 24, once in a set 24 hour period

so 23:29 1 can die then 00:01 another can

MarineRecon
11-18-2014, 20:27
touchee sir lol

Missionary
11-19-2014, 02:42
that is correct sir!

Superpasha69
11-19-2014, 08:04
Indeed what Cem said,

But looking at yday turn out, and activity, I think we will agree that this war was a mistake. NiP will declare peace as soon as we can. Just straight forward netting might be boring, but there is absolutely no pleasure in killing states who are not fighting back. Even killing Heyneken didnt feel all that good :(

I was exited at the start, as I planned to neutralise Eleet with GA/bomb buildings and other spy ops, but then I found out that infeltrate bank doesnt destroy savings ...and only 3 of us showed up for the strike. It became just a simple killing as in any other war.

When the rest of the guys showed up, we killed one more, and could of neutralised others a bit, but just saw no point in it.

Conclusion, this war will be known as a 6 hours war haha (ref to the 6day day war which Israel had vs Arab countries in 60s)

Mr President
11-19-2014, 08:59
I remember when USA and Lor (the two powerhouse nations at that time) decided to "plan" a war. We all knew that the two toughest kids on the block had to fight, but neither really wanted too as we all knew how long the war would last and how much sleep we all would lose lol. So we "planned" a war similar to what you guys have done. Both sides agreed on a crazy time figuring neither would be awake during it, however everyone from both nations were on and neither could successfully complete a FS against the other. The war lasted about 6hrs when Devil and I agreed it was stupid.

Planned wars sound fun during the planning stages, but once you get to the battlefield it sucks. Honestly, the way things are now, just war whomever you wish. If they get pissed and leave then they would have left eventually. Not saying warring the same people over and over, but just kill who you want and let the cards fall as they will.

Those who fight back or plan a revenge attack, they will be the ones who stick around. They have the fire inside of them that we are looking for as a member :)

With all this being said, if you kill me I will close the game down. HA!

jk

Dogma
11-19-2014, 13:16
I gotta agree with Pres. The planning part is fun and it "sounds like a good idea at the time" it never works out that way...

heyneken
11-19-2014, 13:31
If they get pissed and leave then they would have left eventually.

One of the stupidest statements I've read here for a long time. And then we wonder why there are 30 players left...

Mr President
11-19-2014, 16:22
One of the stupidest statements I've read here for a long time. And then we wonder why there are 30 players left...

Do you even know how many people have left the game because of being killed? Being bored because of all the netting? Leaving because they were suicided? Leaving because they didn't win first place? Why is it so wrong to point out a fact. There are some who when killed will seek revenge, there others that will quit. For 10 years we have tried to keep people from leaving when being killed and nothing works. So the plain truth is, those who leave after they have been killed would have eventually left for some other reason. What is the reason the 30 we have stuck around?

We have tried to cater those who want to war. We have tried to cater those who want to net. We have tried to cater those who don't want changes, those that do. Please tell me how to make everyone happy and I'll be happy to do it. There are those who will accept this game and understand it right from the start or soon after and there are those who won't. Are we not supposed to discuss those who leave and why?

Why have you stuck around all these years? Perhaps it's the competitiveness, the game is in your blood, the community, the family atmosphere within our little group. Some fit in, some don't. Why is it wrong to say what I said? Please explain why you think it's the stupidest statement you have read in a long time. I truly hope you are not questioning my dedication to this game lol..

Mr President
11-19-2014, 16:24
All I was trying to say is, we have to stop worrying about every little things and pleasing everyone over everything. We need to focus on what we want and what makes the game work and do it. I'm not saying to directly go out and make someones experience here bad. I'm saying we need to stop worrying about pissing everyone off when we war. I don't recall this ever being an issue in WoW. People warred all the time. Maybe we created our own issues by trying to please everyone.

northbabylon
11-19-2014, 18:02
All I was trying to say is, we have to stop worrying about every little things and pleasing everyone over everything. We need to focus on what we want and what makes the game work and do it. I'm not saying to directly go out and make someones experience here bad. I'm saying we need to stop worrying about pissing everyone off when we war. I don't recall this ever being an issue in WoW. People warred all the time. Maybe we created our own issues by trying to please everyone.

I think that is part of it. If you try to cater to the warring group, the netters will get upset. If you upset the netters some will leave. If you cater to the netters, the warring members will find something to complain about. Finding a middle ground isn't always the right answer.

The game caters to a different style of player now. Back in the day, all you had was text based games to play with people world wide. Now, you can play with people worldwide on your phone. I think the best idea is to get this game more accessible on mobile devices. I don't even own a computer anymore. I spend my turns playing on my phone or my work computer now.

Let me know what needs to be done to get this on my iphone as an app. I think this will be the best way to advirtise or push this game in the future.

MarineRecon
11-19-2014, 18:43
hey I get killed for the hell of it and than just go on a suicide mission for revenge for multiple sets until somebody lets me play peacefully out of the way lol

northbabylon
11-19-2014, 19:24
hey I get killed for the hell of it and than just go on a suicide mission for revenge for multiple sets until somebody lets me play peacefully out of the way lol

What is your state number?

MarineRecon
11-19-2014, 20:00
#19 lmao its bound to happen eventually...ive been behaving for 2 sets now...think I might just ditch YOLO next round and float around since nobody likes me anymore =/

northbabylon
11-19-2014, 20:06
#19 lmao its bound to happen eventually...ive been behaving for 2 sets now...think I might just ditch YOLO next round and float around since nobody likes me anymore =/

Anymore?

Dogma
11-19-2014, 20:12
I was going to say that too Andy... lol

Dogma
11-19-2014, 20:17
Actually Marine, I think you are best as the Hired Gun. That is the you we have come to admire...:huh:

MarineRecon
11-19-2014, 20:18
touchee again lol gotta like me first before you cant =P

MarineRecon
11-19-2014, 20:19
yeah this is true...I pretty much just tag up to help mess stuff up and than go back to my own lmao

heyneken
11-20-2014, 02:03
Do you even know how many people have left the game because of being killed? Being bored because of all the netting? Leaving because they were suicided? Leaving because they didn't win first place? Why is it so wrong to point out a fact. There are some who when killed will seek revenge, there others that will quit. For 10 years we have tried to keep people from leaving when being killed and nothing works. So the plain truth is, those who leave after they have been killed would have eventually left for some other reason. What is the reason the 30 we have stuck around?

We have tried to cater those who want to war. We have tried to cater those who want to net. We have tried to cater those who don't want changes, those that do. Please tell me how to make everyone happy and I'll be happy to do it. There are those who will accept this game and understand it right from the start or soon after and there are those who won't. Are we not supposed to discuss those who leave and why?

Why have you stuck around all these years? Perhaps it's the competitiveness, the game is in your blood, the community, the family atmosphere within our little group. Some fit in, some don't. Why is it wrong to say what I said? Please explain why you think it's the stupidest statement you have read in a long time. I truly hope you are not questioning my dedication to this game lol..

I was way too harsh on you. It just seemed like you don't really care anymore, but obviously that's not the case considering the time you've invested in trying to improve the game. I understand that keeping people playing a text-based game is extremely difficult, especially in 2014. And honestly I don't have an answer to this problem either. But I personally have stuck around, because there's a cool group of people I play with set after set. Even when I don't play a particular set I still talk to those guys on skype etc. Anyway, I am sorry.

Superpasha69
11-20-2014, 04:47
I was way too harsh on you. It just seemed like you don't really care anymore, but obviously that's not the case considering the time you've invested in trying to improve the game. I understand that keeping people playing a text-based game is extremely difficult, especially in 2014. And honestly I don't have an answer to this problem either. But I personally have stuck around, because there's a cool group of people I play with set after set. Even when I don't play a particular set I still talk to those guys on skype etc. Anyway, I am sorry.

OMG Hey is human after all!! :p

heyneken
11-20-2014, 07:27
OMG Hey is human after all!! :p

shut it you commie

Mr President
11-20-2014, 07:54

No apology needed but thank you. And I 100% agree with why you have stayed. All of us have stayed because of the people here. Games are games and people get bored with them at times but they come back because of the people here. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about ways to improve the game. I'm always trying to make it better. There were times when I first opened the game where I would make changes because at the moment they sounded really good but in the end they were not. lol So now I try to think it all through before we make changes. My main plan right now is to finish up making the strats balanced and make sense and a couple other changes and then finishing up the andorid app and then iphone app. (apple is more costly and time consuming) I think having apps is going to help us a lot, not only with membership but also activity.

Superpasha69
11-20-2014, 11:22
shut it you commie

idi na hui :)