PDA

View Full Version : SiM vs EST and KGK

Superpasha69
02-20-2015, 11:56
Reason for this war is very simple: Feeding

yea it was busta, he said that he saw you had 150bil (so he used spy attacks to leave me with 3bil instaed) and since we are all helping worm with landfeed he thought you would take our land yourself(which was the plan indeed:p) so yeah. sry about the attacks, but i guess you could say it was just taking out the competition. our plan is to demolish that record of zaxz so an all-out war is not in our interest. so we wont be touching any of your other guys if they wont touch ours

Make of this style of play what you want, but I wasnt going to accept it, nor will I ever accept it...
I will hide, I will stalk and I will punish you....obviously not this set :)

Visconte
02-20-2015, 13:45
As i already stated earlier to you in private chat:

Is it our fault other guys in this game are too stupid to team up in a team game?

Also what excatly is that you dont like about our style of play?
If i recon correctly last set you were praising it.

Do I understand why they are so concern? Yes, EST, BACON and ETS worked very hard this set to get their states to the top and showed great example of team play, and as a group of players they are key part of this game and it be a shame if they left.

This set we didnt even use any nation jumping or whatever tactics. #120 had 35% tax for 15 days and played just like everyone else. Also there was no grab feeding, min price food/oil or whatever. He just went up there and stayed. We agreed that the guy who comes up as the best this set from us @ day 15 will be the guy we feed for the last 10 days. Because that is the only realistic way to beat records made by Wardoggies. And we are not here to get 400 million networths set after set for years. Our guy destroyed your money because you were a direct threat to us. Thats what you do in a war game usually. I understand it might have been a bit harsh from your point of view, but with a bit more spies it would not have happened. So i guess you could say its a two-way street, having a weakness is always a gamble that sometimes pays off and sometimes doesnt.

That being said i understand we might end up playing with 5 of us alone if we keep playing like this. But do something about it then...like team up or develop some strategy instead of just spending the turns once a day.
Anyway next set i personally will play in some random nation just to make you guys happy and keep the whining a bit down. Maybe others too in my nation i dont know and cant and wont speak for them.

A little pic of motivation for you all:
http://i.imgur.com/lAVPJ1a.gif

Ps. If i remember correctly you also "punished" us out of nowhere last set, because you were bored and ruined the set for 2 of our states. Isnt that kinda style of play the harmful thing for this game? Yes we did that too back in November or October or something and a state named Verboden Rijk quit because of that but we learned from it and wont do that again. Hoped you would too, but i guess only time will tell...

Superpasha69
02-20-2015, 15:43
Visconte, I kinda agree with what you say,

I personally was responsible for many wars in last year, yet I feel the moral code under which I operated was based on respect of time the other guys put in.
I never warred single states (ICN was left in peace when NiP went for global domination), I mainly warred Eleet (when we didnt, we warred eveyone 1 set and last set we killed USOG becuase f multiple hits) as they were winning each set and rotating, and way zaxz got his record was before the introduction of 30 turns leadership bonus. so u have almost 900 turns extra per set than he did....just play cashier, get ur state at the top...then get him to sell his army, cash all his turns and sell him his army back at min price...do that over and over again and you got it.

And zaxz wasnt even the best at netting when he got his record...point is...team work wins...and thats what I admired from you last set...this set your team work was a bit different, you didnt have any challengers for your domination at the top, yet you all still nation jumped, land fed and **** know wt else you do...as u saw i didnt hav emany spies this set :p

And when you openly declare that your actions was oaky, because one state netted and had ability to reward his hard work with big jump...you justified it okay to **** him up, which i kninda disagree with, coz this demoralises the rest. In our private chat I gave you a quick summary of how...thing is at the moment there is about 10% of people who enjoy playing and 90% of people who play coz we just dnt want the game dead (obv we enjoy it too)...well maybe more than 10% as u 5 make up more than...but its still true..

there is a very thin line of when to war and went not to war...ask any NiPer...I called off many kills and strikes coz it would be bad for the game...and I had many arguments with NAthan (NiPer joke) about not being a war lord and leave people in peace.

Anyway, we spoken about next set...and I appreciate you doing it...yet its not a solution...if this game is at the stage where even good friends can not play with each other because there is no counter balancing groups/nations...then it needs drastic changes.

Missionary
02-22-2015, 06:57
I don't get why feeding isnt considered cheating.

Definition of cheating:act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

MarineRecon
02-22-2015, 10:52
I don't think anybody called it cheating...its just a matter of its not what the game needs right now when 1/4 of the players if not 1/3 are the ones feeding and the others are kind of just sitting here so the game doesn't die...people are losing interest because its the same thing round after round and nobody has the time or patience anymore to do anything differently

it would end up having to be everybody vs Estonians and to me that's pretty boring and repetitive as well so that wouldn't solve anything except promote leaving the game more...margus and that crew already left because they kept getting gangbanged by everybody for not letting them feed and now that we all got tired of having to do something about it every round the new Estos are doing it and getting away with it...game took a big turn for the worse and needs to change before its done for good

Visconte
02-22-2015, 12:03
Yeap, take teamplay out of this game and just keep the expand and build buttons and then see who is the most bored and clicks these buttons for 27 days in a row.

Missionary
02-22-2015, 18:45
That was meant to say isn't not is. I think its cheating,most definetly is. Also, visconte your a retard. Its your crap way of playing that's half the problem.

Having 5 people plan a murder is teamwork, doesn't mean its good.

Visconte
02-22-2015, 19:19
I am sorry that we are playing this game and taking away your wins playing against USOG and 3 more guys. We already said we will play your way starting from next round, what more do you want from us? Start playing 2 weeks after you so you can be competitive? I am pretty sure a retard is a word you should be using on someone more similar to you by your definition.

What is dishonest about our style? We are dominating and we are using every trick in the book to get what we want? It is all written into the game code.... Are we using anything that is illegal? Calling someone retard because you can not play like that is just wtf. Yes it is not good for the game and i understand it, but i just dont understand how it is our problem? Its a game problem. When we quit now there will be SiM dominating with 4 guys and others not getting close to them, should you call yourself a retard then aswell because noone else gets even close and it demoralizes everyone else? I dont think so.

Talking about feeding....who gave Superpasha big amount of cheap army in the middle of the round so he can grab us all? He asked and you gave because you only played to help him. There was no benefit in it for you. But that was not cheating right? It was different because it was not an estonian doing it... Only because K66mes spied and saw that amount we managed to buy it ourself and keep Pasha away.

MarineRecon
02-22-2015, 20:20
Vinnie its not cheating, like Vis said they are strictly using how the game allows to come up with strategic ways to win so its all fair

but Vis if you realize it isn't good for the game then why don't you guys help come up with a way to better the game and keep not only the Estos happy but the rest of the community as well?

I could careless if you win every round but the game is getting worse and I don't think we want to see it get shut down for good

Visconte
02-23-2015, 00:57
Been suggesting ideas to Mr P for 6 months now, nothing except the member cap has changed......

Superpasha69
02-23-2015, 09:47
Been suggesting ideas to Mr P for 6 months now, nothing except the member cap has changed......

I think this is the real problem, as unfortunately Mike can not offer this game much time due to his work commitments, and this game requires full time work to change it around and to include numerous suggestions from forums. Easy suggestions like 4 member cap can be implemented in few mins...but others require rewriting codes and etc.

you are also correct in ur statement, if its not EST then it will be dominated by others...you say SiM will dominate, maybe so...but if we do it be done in proper manner without feeding, so other states will have a chance, and winners will be decided by skill. The example you gave of vin selling cheap army...well its simple...its all the tricks we learned from Eleet and EST, and i actually never asked for units to be cheap..Vin decided on the price himself, I just wanted PM units and not BM.

Feeding been a part of the game for long, and always went on...on a bigger level bigger nations were warred coz of it in the past...now there is not enough members, and it leave us with ether accepting it...or warring and as it was pointed out, we been warring for over a year now coz of it, and everyone is tired.
When you start killing states, so you feeding goes unchallenged, thats when it becomes a piss take, as no one else would ever have a chance to do anything, and by ur style of play you are basically asking the rest of players, to play only to feed you guys even more, and if anyone is too good u kill him. Would you play the game if you played solo and NiP was doing what EST doing?

Its been spoke about the rest of players having no real encouragement to continue the set after first week...and suggestion been made how to solve it. (addition of new medal)
Nation jumping also needs to stop, suggestion been made: Give nation identity...give nation history...stats, power for alliences and etc...coz atm nation is justa mean for a individual gain of a state...is this state wars or nation wars, is it war or is it netgaining? it seems majority of players enjoy netgaining more...and with limited times in our lifes we can not dedicate full weeks of our time for wars. this questions needs to be answered first and then restructuring can begin.

MarineRecon
02-23-2015, 10:38
I agree with pasha...we need to come together and figure out a way that everybody can come to a settled happiness since everything we want will not be possible...the feeding isn't a problem when theres more members that's how nations/players like Bang/Tnova did so good but there were also thousands of players back then

I completely support your way of playing and dedication and tactics on how you guys play but it just needs to be toned down when theres only 20 people playing with 10 of them of you guys -_-

Mr President
02-23-2015, 10:47
The hardest part of the game is asking people to make suggestions and then them not seeing their suggestions implemented in the game. Some suggestions are a quick no brainer and easy to implement while other suggestions have good parts and need to be thought out more. In the past we have implemented changes based on suggestions with little input from others. That was a HUGE mistake, as we see now, many members have left us due to those changes. When we think about changing something we can't look at the short term fix, we MUST think it all the way through. In order to do that we need more than one or two members making comments about the change. Sadly, we don't have this. Someone makes a suggestion and then one or two others reply and then it dies.

I understand there are a few things that need to be changed and little by little I'm putting it all together. I would love to have the free time I had even just a few years ago but it seems to get harder and harder. But most of all, big changes require a lot of time for building it and testing it.

What would be awesome is if a small group of members, (2-5) went through the suggestions and took out the top 5 suggestions they would like to see in the game. Then get the conversation started again and seek other members input on how to make it work. Once the majority agrees to it then I can begin working on getting it built and implemented. Right now it's hard to pull out suggestions and then try to get the concept, build it, test it and implement it all on my own. I would much rather spend the limited free time building it :)

Let me know the most popular game changing requests that will HELP this game and I will figure out a way to get it done.

MarineRecon
02-23-2015, 10:54
I think once a discussion has been under way and we can narrow some of the details out for those suggestions, it should be brought to a poll in game for everybody to vote on since they have to use turns and not everybody comes on the forums

I think we should take 2 new members (soldier and one other), 2 Esto reps (blaa and visconte), and 2 others outside these groups to make a joint committee on this to get the best of all worlds...get the new guy perspective, esto friendly perspective, and than everybody else lol best way I see coming up with an agreement

Superpasha69
02-23-2015, 12:46
I will create a new thread, for people to put in old suggestions which they want in.
That thread should stay open for few weeks.
After that all suggestion in that thread will put down to a vote for all members to vote on (like we did with 4man cap)

I also would like to have a committee, so we can discuss game play and get it in right direction.
Committee should be used for discussion on gameplay and changes....then when a committee agrees, a poll should be made for all members to vote...
That way this save Mike some time, and gives him with end result of what needs to be done.

It also shows members that their suggestions are being listen to and acted on.

I am happy to set up a structure to this, and schedule monthly conference calls as well as creating agenda for those calls.
Though I am only prepared to offer my time if others are on board, and will take this seriously and feel passionate about helping this game to rise up again.

Mr President
02-23-2015, 14:14
I will create a new thread, for people to put in old suggestions which they want in.
That thread should stay open for few weeks.
After that all suggestion in that thread will put down to a vote for all members to vote on (like we did with 4man cap)

I also would like to have a committee, so we can discuss game play and get it in right direction.
Committee should be used for discussion on gameplay and changes....then when a committee agrees, a poll should be made for all members to vote...
That way this save Mike some time, and gives him with end result of what needs to be done.

It also shows members that their suggestions are being listen to and acted on.

I am happy to set up a structure to this, and schedule monthly conference calls as well as creating agenda for those calls.
Though I am only prepared to offer my time if others are on board, and will take this seriously and feel passionate about helping this game to rise up again.

Thank you!

This seems like a nice plan and a good place to start. Let's try this for a month or two and see how it works out. Everyone who is on the committee needs to be and stay committed to making this work. Conference calls may be difficult for those out of our time zone/county but I'm we can make something work.

Superpasha69
02-24-2015, 04:37
Well first step, is who wants to be on the committee?

Missionary
02-24-2015, 05:41
I'd be up for it.

Superpasha69
02-24-2015, 06:16
I'd be up for it.

awesome thats 2 of us so far :D

Visconte
02-24-2015, 07:56
Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Kinda hard to make suggestions when we have no idea what is the goal.

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.

Mr President
02-24-2015, 08:49
Before any suggestions, we should probably know what is the direction game developers want to go? Just minor tweaks to favor individual play or completely turn the game around and favor teamplay? The problem with completely changing the game is that old players probably wont come back in that case and without advertisements its pretty impossible to get new ones. Also is there somekinda active licence or whatever that forbids making major tweaks under this game engine without consulting the creator svenneman?

Dunno if we really need somekinda special commitee, just post the best ideas in one thread and make a poll like you did with 4 man cap, in my opinion. Probably gonna take few rounds of testing anyway before we find something that works. Thus i think somekinda 5 day round gameserver(something like anarchy.nation-wars.com already was) with new ideas and settings would be really helpful for testing and fun for some time.

I want this game successful. If that means we have to change the whole game then that is what we will have to do. We will not be able to do it overnight though. I think the base part of this game is solid. I just think we need to change how the other parts interact with it. The game is mine. There is no contract or permission needed from Svenne so we can do whatever we want.

I think advertising would be good for the game but I have been hesitant because I would rather spend the money on advertising when the game issues are taken care of and people won't leave after they join.

The first step is to really address the issues with the game and why people leave. Then we prioritize what needs to be done and get it completed and in the game. I can make a duplicate game of what we have and make all the changes on that server for us to test. I doubt the old players would come back no matter what we do. We need to focus on getting new players to the game.

As for a quick round game, I pull out the Capture the Flag codes and put them on the server. Just running through it quickly to bring some of it up to speed but I already planned on opening that very soon. The round lasts 14 days and it's pure bloodshed. No netting, just warring. I'll explain in another post.

Superpasha69
02-24-2015, 08:54

The decision of game direction is to be made by the committee.
So first step would be to fish out good ideas from the past suggestions, post them in thread i created.
Then we can all have a look at those suggestions and discuss what could work and what direction it would take the game in to.

We already stated that we can make funds available for advertising, but we need to have a polished product to advertise.

Mr President
02-24-2015, 10:29
One thing we seriously need is a graphics person. Does anyone know anyone who does graphics who might be willing to help us out?

MarineRecon
02-24-2015, 11:29
ill help out with whatever needs to be done Pasha...let me know

Superpasha69
02-24-2015, 13:32
@MrP We can get some freelancer guy easily, lets not allow a lack of graphics guy worry us atm.

@Marine, great start already in other thread, hopefully we will get few more poeple joining and posting their suggestions

Soldier
02-25-2015, 18:21
I'm really amazed that this is allowed! Being allies and all is one thing, but that takes the cake. And I can see wanting to keep players', but that's bending the rules a little too much!

SA Padoflas(#120)
[EST] bomber(#31)
[KGK] 2.572 Land / 2.565 Buildings, 3.618 Science, $11.605.822, 66.534 Food, 103.470 Oil 19:24:28-02/25
SA Padoflas(#120)
[EST] 420007(#39)
[KGK] 2.689 Land / 2.688 Buildings, $666.982.785, 232.118 Food, 159.630 Oil 19:23:31-02/25
SA Padoflas(#120)
[EST] 420007(#39)
[KGK] 4.702 Land / 4.700 Buildings, $687.611.118, 234.463 Food, 159.630 Oil 19:22:15-02/25
SA Padoflas(#120)
[EST] bomber(#31)
[KGK] 4.675 Land / 4.663 Buildings, 3.655 Science, $11.964.765, 67.206 Food, 103.470 Oil 19:19:10-02/25

MarineRecon
02-25-2015, 18:41
its alright soldier...just look at his records as b.s like I will do, since the real players of this game actually had to fight the fight to earn their records ;)

Visconte
02-25-2015, 19:11
Name a record in top 10 that was done with 20 semi-active players and no feeding.

MarineRecon
02-25-2015, 19:17
this game play lately is almost as bad as Whilston killing b.s states to get a medal/record lmao

keep up the good work Estos you look fantastic getting handed records when nobody else cares enough to do anything about it :thumbdown:

Soldier
02-25-2015, 20:21
Well Im new and didn't want too ruffle any feathers, but was double tapped by one of them today and thought dam!.... some greedy mofos ! If this was Conquest and anyone admitted to doing that for a record or not, they would have been banned after their countries were pillaged and turned into parking lots!! lol

Superpasha69
02-26-2015, 04:56
Name a record in top 10 that was done with 20 semi-active players and no feeding.

I got there with no real feeding, i think few guys at the right end sold me cheap stuff but not doing it for wholeset, only reason i am there coz of extra 900 turns that is available through leadership bonuses

Visconte
02-26-2015, 05:34
I got there with no real feeding, i think few guys at the right end sold me cheap stuff but not doing it for wholeset, only reason i am there coz of extra 900 turns that is available through leadership bonuses

As do we. Only started "feeding" 10 days before the end, havent done it entire round. And by feeding he just grabs our 2 guys, which can be done by ANYONE, but for some reason everybody else seems to be unable to do that(because we played with 35% tax in the first days and now got three times the national army than other guys). I have been selling minimum price food for 7 days now to everyone just to bring the food price down. Is that considered cheating? I dont think so. Only thing that can be considered really as feeding is the ship buying/selling, but then again the minimum price ships are there for everyone to grab. Spy it out and grab it yourself. But i guess it is easier to complain and whine here and show to everyone how evil we are(did not mean whining by you, just used the quote)

this game play lately is almost as bad as Whilston killing b.s states to get a medal/record lmao

keep up the good work Estos you look fantastic getting handed records when nobody else cares enough to do anything about it :thumbdown:

If noone cares then why is there a topic in here. Besides, as i already stated, not our fault everyone is playing in their own corner eating glue instead of teaming up and actually making a difference.

Superpasha69
02-26-2015, 06:09
As do we. Only started "feeding" 10 days before the end, havent done it entire round. And by feeding he just grabs our 2 guys, which can be done by ANYONE, but for some reason everybody else seems to be unable to do that(because we played with 35% tax in the first days and now got three times the national army than other guys). .

Can they?, i thought thats why my state was ****ed up coz i could of grabbed you, so save the hypocrisy! 10 days of feeding is not the same as geting cheap ships on thr last day of the set.

Everyone moaning coz non of us enjoying playing like that, I have no intent to keep playing atm, coz i see no point in it anymore until we can fix it. Coz our only alternative is to war or to feed too...I mean I could ask few guys to be my land farms, play wit 50% tax then we swap nations and I end up playing whole set on 0% and full NA and loads of land feeders...
But as you said the other bunch of feeders will be back next set, so you can have ur fun feeding each other to the max. And aim to break each others records, which got nothign to do with actual ability to play the game well.

As you know, I chased them long and hard for the feeding they did, then you guys came and doing the same...back then i had NiP with 8 members, now i dnt even see a point of getting the group back to counter your game play. So enjoy it :)

Visconte
02-26-2015, 06:56
When we came here we played together in eleet in that peace round or whatever. Noone liked it because the nation got 8 or so places out of top 10. Then we split up and did a suicide round or whatever it was where Marine won because Margus was too bored to do turns or something. That was the round most new members left. Next round also eleet quit and we got top 5 places, again noone liked it. Then we thought **** these random scores that noone of us cares and lets just go for the records then before this game comes to an halt because the members just dissappeared after the boring rounds. Again, noone likes it and we are the bad guys.

So please tell us how are we supposed to motivate ourselves to play then? Just by not playing for the networth and by doing random war rounds? Im sure people will start complaining then too(and probably leaving). Or not playing at all? I guess that is the only good option for the guys here. As i already said we will split up next round to please you so lets just give it another try then.

If i was in your position i would also be whining if i was alone in this. Probably wouldnt have any motivation to play. But the name of the game is nation-wars and it is currently not meant to be played alone. So maybe we should just restructure the whole thing to one-state play then. As most of the players here prefer single player. But nobody seems to want 1 member cap because it wouldnt change anything, in my opinion it would give alot more options to single players but seems like its not going to happen.... Hopefully the anarchy or ctf round brings back some of the excitement.

Superpasha69
02-26-2015, 09:17
I know that your doing it coz ur motivated, and you are correct that others have lack of motivation, when i came back to the game i was highly motivated, but after 2 years motivation is dying down.

Honestly I do feel bad for pointing a finger at you and your play, as everything you do is part of the game, and it is not ur fault that others choose not to play like that.

Now lets work together to find a working structure to this. Ill give it few more days then ill reply to the other thread with my opinion/proposal.

MarineRecon
02-26-2015, 09:23
agree with Pasha's last post...I lost motivation completely since I was always the bad guy trying to stop the feeding nonsense, I have no idea when I plan to play again

Superpasha69
02-26-2015, 14:55
agree with Pasha's last post...I lost motivation completely since I was always the bad guy trying to stop the feeding nonsense, I have no idea when I plan to play again

ull be back next set hehe :p

MarineRecon
02-26-2015, 15:02
don't be so sure about that...depends on one factor

Superpasha69
02-26-2015, 16:01
don't be so sure about that...depends on one factor

For the last time! I will not sleep with you :p

Missionary
02-26-2015, 17:50
Don't rule it out pash, its not as bad as you may think lol

MarineRecon
02-26-2015, 19:29
Vinnie that was our secret...you rat bastard keep your mouth shut lol don't worry pasha, youll get yours when you least expect it ;)