PDA

View Full Version : Capture The Flag

Mr President
02-24-2015, 13:29
CFT has returned!!

Capture The Flag server is based on one thing..... Bloodshed! The whole object of this server is to kill as many other players as you can and capture their flag. At the end of the round, the one who has the most flags is the winner. CFT is a faster paced game than the regular server. You only have 14 days to complete the mission before the round resets. Some of the features of this server are:

-Upgrades - There are 10 upgrades for each unit. Turns are the only thing required for upgrading.

- Market - There is only one market.

- Strats - There is only one strat, casher. (due to only having 14 day rounds)

- Turn Bank - These are above and beyond your regular and saved turns. You start with 100 extra turns saved in the turn bank and gain 1 turn every 20 min (200 max)

- Nuclear Attack - We have nukes in this game. See below for details on nukes.

- you can only build one Nuclear Missile or one Missile Defense system at a time.
- You can cancel an order but you will lose the science points used to begin construction.
- Building a Nuclear Missile costs 400,000 Science Points and takes 5 hrs to construct.
- Successful Nuclear Attacks destroys 20% Military, 25% Food, 25% Population, 20% Buildings and 10% Construction Sites.
- You cannot kill a state using Nuclear Missiles.
- Launching a Nuclear Attack consumes 5 turns

Nuclear Defense - If you have nukes, you must be able to defend them:

- Building a Missile Defense System costs 250,000 Science Points and takes 5 hrs to construct.
- Each time your defense system shoots down a missile, 1 Missile Defense is used.
- Having a Missile Defense System 100% protects you from incoming Nuclear Missiles.

Protection - you are under protection for the first 200 turns. If you do no log in for 5 days, you will automatically be booted from protection.

When you log in you will be asked to create a state and then choose a flag. Each time you die you will follow the same process. Best of luck to each of you who dares to play. You may think this server will be easy, it's not. You will need to team up with other players to help kill the big guys but then sooner or later one of you will have to stab the other in the back. Hope you have your diplomacy skills finely tuned.. It's kill or be killed in here!

Good luck!

Missionary
02-24-2015, 14:40
Was this around before? Don't think I've ever played it lol. Sounds good though. When is it starting?

MarineRecon
02-24-2015, 15:34
this should be posted onto facebook and sent out as a message in game to everybody

Visconte
02-24-2015, 18:16
Is the attack system same? Needs same amount of attacks to kill someone?

This server would greatly benefit from having banker strat under 1 type of building for newcomers.

Mr President
02-26-2015, 10:48
The attacks are the old attacks. Bomb Runs, Air Raids ect ect. The amount to kill is the same tho. I didn't do much to this right now. Basically just brushed the dust off and put it up. We can tweak as we move forward. There were some good ideas before but the game didn't stick around long enough to implement them. I basically put this up as a time waster and something to fool around with. If you all like it we can make small tweaks to it. My main focus will be on the main server as we will be making some nice changes to that in the coming months.

Mr President
02-27-2015, 10:50
Also, forgot to mention.. When you kill someone, not only do you gain their flag but also all of the flags they were holding.

Visconte
02-27-2015, 11:16
How do you make a nuclear bomb? I see you already made one.

Nuclear Missile 0 0 400,000 Nuclear Science points N/A
Missile Defense 0 0 250,000 Missile Defense Science points N/A

Thats what i see. No links of anything, so where is the build button? Or does it appear when i buy 400 000 science?

blaa
02-28-2015, 05:19
Some things:
1. There's no place to see old spy intels.
2. Can't switch from "new" state overview (your own state) to old. I can't understand anything in the "new" one :(.
3. Move the top menus to centre. Right now they're in the left corner and it doesn't feel right.
4. No place to build those nuclear devices. Or do I have to have the science needed to make the button appear?

Make the game more havoc. More turns, make turns come faster.

And one last thing, just an idea. Make it so that when you die and create a restart, your restart would be almost like it was before it got killed. So when you die and create a restart, you'd have the same army as when you were killed. When you were killed by AR you'd start with 100 land, but army is still there. When killed by GA, you'd have the same land, same army.

Why there are bombers? It's all about kills not weakening the enemy.

Mr President
02-28-2015, 09:51
Yes, after you have the proper amount of science, the nuke buttons will appear.

SoreGums
03-02-2015, 10:06
Hmm, not obvious to me how to access this...

When I login I simply see the regular game screens and menus.

Is there something on the screen somewhere to switch between this CTF and the game we played in Jan?

MarineRecon
03-02-2015, 11:06
go back to the main game screen...theres 2 separate logins, one for each game type

SoreGums
03-02-2015, 12:46
oh there it is...

keep using the firefox auto title things and never go to www.nationwars.com :/

cheers

Mr President
03-02-2015, 15:27
Hmm, not obvious to me how to access this...

When I login I simply see the regular game screens and menus.

Is there something on the screen somewhere to switch between this CTF and the game we played in Jan?

What I should do......... What I might do......... Is, when you create an account on the main server, it creates and account on the CTF server. Then I would just put a link in the main game to access that server.

Might happen in the feature.

Visconte
03-04-2015, 05:38
I think there is a bug in the game. #16 lost all its construction sites but all the other buildings are still there. How is that possible? He said that he didnt destroy them himself and has not done a single turn in 2 days. So whats going on? Is there a spy op that destroys construction sites? If there is then why is it not showing under the homepage?

Mr President
03-04-2015, 13:19
There are no attack that steal or destroys them other than SA, but never to 0. Between 04:00 - 05:00 Gametime today, his CS went away in one shot. Perhaps he destroyed them by accident?

The attack formula that is being used in CTF is an old one. I didn't update it to the new one when released. I plan on doing this for the next set of CTF. Although, there were no reported issues with the old one.

Visconte
03-07-2015, 04:47
Why is the GA not taking enemys readiness down? I thought the settings are the same as in main server? Basically all you need is ships and you cant be taken down.

Unless you have help:D

MarineRecon
03-07-2015, 08:54
from what Pres said earlier its the old version that was up so im assuming any of the new additions were not implemented yet

Mr President
03-07-2015, 17:57
Correct.. These settings are from an old version that we used. I thought maybe they would be nicer on this server but I'm not liking them much either. Next set I will have the same attacks and settings as we have on the main server.

Sorry for the confusion and issues :(

blaa
03-10-2015, 06:05
"Sorry but new states cannot be created during the last 4 days of the round.
You will have to wait till the next round begins."

Maybe this could be removed for the next set?

Visconte
03-11-2015, 16:24
Indeed.

And maybe the server would be more exciting if after the kill state comes back as a zombie-state or so, with 50% networth or something. Coz if you get killed its pretty much impossible to be competitive again right now. And maybe make the winning condition to be kill-flag ratio not just the flag, because you can be the most efficient killer here but still lose to some fatso who has only gathered networth(yes, me) only does one kill in the end and walks away with the win.

Also a bug:
Nuclear attack and missile defense, you can build it and it shows 10% production or something but actually you can get it right away, you dont have to wait for 5 hours like it says in game info.

Mr President
03-13-2015, 15:35
Some changes that have/will be made for the next round.

- 1 turn every 5 minutes
- 500 Start up turns
- Max Turns - 600
- You can now have up to 5 states.
- Military, Food and Science are now 1/2 of the original price.
- There is now a random event giving you a nuclear missile.
- Nuclear Missiles now cost 200,000 Science. (down from 400k)
- The 4 day block for creating a new state has been removed.
- Attacks are duplicate from main server.
- Can now do 50 multiple attacks at one time.
- Overview has been changed back to classic.

Visconte
03-14-2015, 06:13
http://dogtorj.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/borat2.jpg

Soldier
03-15-2015, 19:51
When does the next round begin?

Mr President
03-17-2015, 12:38
When does the next round begin?

I will have the game back up very soon.

Indeed.

And maybe the server would be more exciting if after the kill state comes back as a zombie-state or so, with 50% networth or something. Coz if you get killed its pretty much impossible to be competitive again right now. And maybe make the winning condition to be kill-flag ratio not just the flag, because you can be the most efficient killer here but still lose to some fatso who has only gathered networth(yes, me) only does one kill in the end and walks away with the win.

Having them come back or "respawn" with a higher networth or 1/2 of the military goods might be an idea that we develop into, but I can't set that up now. I would have to change how the game works in order to do that and I would rather spend my free time on the main game right now. Yes, sitting back and getting land/military fat and then taking the final kill to win the round is a bad part of this server, however, why would any state allow that? It's up to all the states to make sure nobody gets away with that. Normally there are 1-3 states who band together to take out the rest, but at some point they have to decide who kills who and when.

However, I do like that idea that the winner should not just be who has the most flags, but maybe a ratio or who had the most kills and flags. Or maybe we just make it who has the most kills. Let's work this out during the next round and then I can make some changes if needed. Right now I am not saving any old scores from this server. Perhaps after it's tweaked I'll start saving the data.

Also a bug:
Nuclear attack and missile defense, you can build it and it shows 10% production or something but actually you can get it right away, you dont have to wait for 5 hours like it says in game info.

Not any more :)

Mr President
03-17-2015, 18:21
Game is up. Make your states :)

Remember, you can have up to 5 states in CTF server.

Visconte
03-20-2015, 13:09
5 states is just way too much to handle for people it seems. I am bored after making my first turns with 1 state already. Or maybe its just that the stats arent recorded so people dont bother to play.

Mr President
03-20-2015, 17:37
lol you all are harder to please than my wife. We will record the stats of this sever, but I'm not going to do it until we have it tweaked better. Wouldn't be fair to record setters if we keep changing things around each set. Once we have it tweaked pretty well then I'll record them.

Visconte
03-21-2015, 04:16
Its just that it might be hard to get testers for this game if it is so time-consuming and nothing can be gained with it :)

northbabylon
03-21-2015, 13:21

I am assuming this isn't supposed to happen lol...

Visconte
03-21-2015, 15:09
It is way too easy to feed yourself with 5 states in the beginning. You can get around 12-15k land with your starting turns depending on the strategy. Just delete 4 states and repeat the process until you are gone forever. Easily could get like 50k land in a few hours. Thats why i think 5 is just too much.

Mr President
03-25-2015, 14:59

I set that up to only happen to you. :)

It is way too easy to feed yourself with 5 states in the beginning. You can get around 12-15k land with your starting turns depending on the strategy. Just delete 4 states and repeat the process until you are gone forever. Easily could get like 50k land in a few hours. Thats why i think 5 is just too much.

if 5 is to many, how many would you suggest? There are some cool things we can do with this server. I like the bloodshed I'm seeing. Maybe we should pull it down and work on it for a few sets then release it again? Or keep it up and keep making smaller tweaks? You all let me know how you want to proceed. I'm fine with either ;)

Mr President
03-25-2015, 15:09

Fixed!

northbabylon
03-25-2015, 15:24
I set that up to only happen to you. :)

if 5 is to many, how many would you suggest? There are some cool things we can do with this server. I like the bloodshed I'm seeing. Maybe we should pull it down and work on it for a few sets then release it again? Or keep it up and keep making smaller tweaks? You all let me know how you want to proceed. I'm fine with either ;)

Is there a way you can make it so you can't attack your own states? This would limit the feeding and also make it so you can't win just by killing your own restarts.

blaa
03-26-2015, 02:46
Yes, I think all your states should be put under 1 tag or something.
Yes, limit the states to 3. 5 is too many. Five states is too exhausting to keep, but if you only maintain 2 states, then an active player with 5 states will wipe the floor with you.

Visconte
03-26-2015, 11:49
Also there should be somekinda limit to number of states being able to create during the round. Sherminator blaa just got so pissed that he actually made 40 new states to kill everyone. I think maybe 10-15 states per round should be enough? If all your states get killed 3 times, then maybe its time to let it go for that particular round:P

Mr President
04-10-2015, 15:30
Changes for next round!

- You can now have up to 3 states. (down from 5)
- You are no longer able to attack other states you control.
- There is now a 15 state max per round. Once you have up to 15 states (including dead states) you will no longer be able to create a state until the next round.

We are getting to a point where we will be able to start recording end of set stats. Let's see how this set goes and if there are no major changes then I'll begin recording them.

blaa
04-11-2015, 00:26
By the way, remove the "you can't make a state during final 4 days". Useless, 4 days is enough to create a chaos.

evilnoob
04-16-2015, 18:13
I would suggest that all your states are in one nation. This way you are the nation and the goal would be to get as many kills and flags as possible to your nation.

blaa
04-16-2015, 23:30
I agree with the above.

Who killed all my states :(

evilnoob
04-22-2015, 18:49
Who do you think? :)