PDA

View Full Version : Classic Theme - End of Life

Mr President
07-01-2019, 21:36
FYI - This will be the last set the classic theme will be available for use. Next to the desert theme, it has been our longest running theme. I did create a new theme using the same colors, but with the new style. It is active and may be used this set. It's temp name is Orange (classic wow). The desert theme will be at the end of life soon as well. I don't think there will be a replacement for that theme with the new style.

Xavior
07-01-2019, 22:09
The classic theme is a lot more compact, with everything you need in the center of the screen and empty space on the 2 sides. The new themes have stretched it out horizontally with lots of empty space in the middle. Any way to compress it like the classic?

Missionary
07-02-2019, 03:05
Will the new theme be available for mobiles as well?

northbabylon
07-02-2019, 10:25
Classic theme was my first love =[

Mr President
07-02-2019, 10:46
Will the new theme be available for mobiles as well?

I'm working on a new theme for mobile. It will have that same layout but a better menu. I'm trying to design it so you can quickly navigate without having to search through a ton of options, like you do now with that menu.

Mr President
07-02-2019, 10:49
The classic theme is a lot more compact, with everything you need in the center of the screen and empty space on the 2 sides. The new themes have stretched it out horizontally with lots of empty space in the middle. Any way to compress it like the classic?

Back in the WoW days, the game was designed to have a larger area. I have shrunk all of the tables throughout the years to make things more compact. It would be nice to have things a little bigger again plus, a more modern look. With everything going mobile, we have to change the themes around so everything can fit on the smaller screen. Moving menus to far side and top, allows more room to increase the tables in the center, making game play from mobile devices easier.

Mr President
07-02-2019, 10:54
The new theme with the orange is my new favorite. I always like the orange theme in WoW. I know there were a few who didn't but I think most did.

Vaim
07-02-2019, 15:18
Noooo, that's the theme where everything important is in an easy to find spot :(

northbabylon
07-02-2019, 16:40
Is there a reason why you are removing it instead of one of the less used options?

Missionary
07-02-2019, 18:13
Just logged onto the new theme from a laptop (the space one). The white writing that sits ontop of the white background is a slight strain on my old eyes lol. Everything that sits in a box is fine.

Rassputtin
09-06-2019, 18:14
Classic Wow Orange theme is the tits FYI.

Mr President
09-06-2019, 20:42
Dude!!! Man it’s good to see you playing this set. It’s been a long time. I didn’t take the theme down yet as many still like it. I’ll prob keep it but would like to update it some lol.

hopefully you’ll stick around for a while. Miss your input on new things :)

Mr President
09-07-2019, 22:14
lol just realized you said the classic wow theme is the one you like. There was another theme called Classic that went away this set. It was a lot like the Desert layout but had the orange colors. The new one I created, "Orange - Classic WoW" is the one you were actually talking about. I like it too and it's the one I use. Not many others liked it because they felt it was too large for the screen. But I like the space and I really like the menu and stat bar fixed position. It is really close to the old theme in wow. Just a little nicer :) and the screen isn't in frames like that one was in wow lol.

Rassputtin
09-12-2019, 21:00
Dude!!! Man it’s good to see you playing this set. It’s been a long time. I didn’t take the theme down yet as many still like it. I’ll prob keep it but would like to update it some lol.

hopefully you’ll stick around for a while. Miss your input on new things :)

Feels good seeing all these friendly faces around! Careful what you wish for. I'm older and even more long winded and ornery then ever!!! lol

Rassputtin
09-12-2019, 21:07
lol just realized you said the classic wow theme is the one you like. There was another theme called Classic that went away this set. It was a lot like the Desert layout but had the orange colors. The new one I created, "Orange - Classic WoW" is the one you were actually talking about. I like it too and it's the one I use. Not many others liked it because they felt it was too large for the screen. But I like the space and I really like the menu and stat bar fixed position. It is really close to the old theme in wow. Just a little nicer :) and the screen isn't in frames like that one was in wow lol.

I didn't even check out the themes too much really, just fired up the one that said orange classic cause that's the one I looooved back in the day. If you redesigned it, its awful close to the classic orange wow. I like it. I like the menu's around the perimeter and the nice big focused central point where everything is happening. Not to mention the black orange contrast. I'm impatient and not a big fan of having to actuate drop downs and navigate submenus so I like the extended navigation options. I mean I know sometimes it can't be avoided but, for me in general, the less clicks from a to b the happier I am.

Mr President
09-13-2019, 07:59
I agree. I like the wrap around menus and the big open space in the middle where the pages load. Some of the members like the smaller, more compact version like the desert theme. I'm ok with that but I like space. :)