PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Theme - Test

Mr President
07-03-2019, 13:00
I have changed the theme for the mobile app to the new style. It has a different type of menu, with just the headings listed (like the short menu). Please try it out for a day to two and let me know of any changes that need to be made.

Divine Intervention
07-03-2019, 13:19
I'm feeling like I need to click more times to get where I need to. I never had an issue with the big menu tbh. I'd have preferred a greater number of quick links per page and perhaps the option to turn off certain items in drop down menu via like a tick box preference. This interface seems clunky but I don't know If it's same on all phones..I mostly use chrome on android

Mr President
07-03-2019, 13:58
I'm feeling like I need to click more times to get where I need to. I never had an issue with the big menu tbh. I'd have preferred a greater number of quick links per page and perhaps the option to turn off certain items in drop down menu via like a tick box preference. This interface seems clunky but I don't know If it's same on all phones..I mostly use chrome on android

hmmm might be the droid. I thought it was pretty smooth going. There are not any more clicks than when you used the short nav. But not instead of it showing up at the bottom, the menu is right there to the left. We can always go back but I would like to keep testing this and gather more feedback. :)

Missionary
07-03-2019, 14:09
This new theme is very difficult to use on my phone. I quite like the new style on my laptop but this is almost unplayable on my phone I think.

Tried changing it to the old app theme but that's just the new one now lol. The drop down menu for use on phone/tablet was much better and probably the best set up for these devices.

Mr President
07-03-2019, 14:23
ok. I'll put the old one back for now and do more testing.

Missionary
07-03-2019, 14:38
I think new themes should be based towards phones and tablets. If going for new members, everyone has a phone now-a-days. How many people have laptops/desktops? I brought a laptop a month or so ago but hadn't had one for years.

northbabylon
07-03-2019, 14:52
I should have finished reading the thread before I started clearing cache and cookies on my phone because the old mobile theme kept coming up.

Mr President
07-03-2019, 20:46
I think new themes should be based towards phones and tablets. If going for new members, everyone has a phone now-a-days. How many people have laptops/desktops? I brought a laptop a month or so ago but hadn't had one for years.

That new theme was an actual css for phones/tablets. The old one was one I created from scratch.

Divine Intervention
07-05-2019, 22:26
when you look at saved intels then it shows multiple old intels - this is on PC on new theme. i am forced to search the state number of who i just spied and even then if ive spied them earlier in set i need to go through multiple old ones....its fine in old classic theme

Mr President
07-08-2019, 09:33
The theme should matter with this. I checked my side and I can't find anything wrong. Can you send me a screen shot so I can see what you're seeing please.

Xavior
07-08-2019, 11:30
On classic theme on PC when you view a saved espionage report, a list of old reports also show up and you have to scroll to the very last one.

Here's a screenshot of some old intels.

https://imgur.com/kfcmd82

Mr President
07-08-2019, 12:14
Fixed!

Mr President
07-08-2019, 14:09
While fixing that I also went ahead and fixed a couple of other things. The date of the intel now shows up when viewing it. Also, only members with the "F" Foreign Affairs priv are able to delete saved intelligence reports.