Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoutbox!!!

It's that **** Miniman, I'm tellin youguys, heis the root of all that is evil in this world.

Shoutbox auto refresh has been turned back on and set to refresh every 60 seconds.

Also, now the shoutbox will go inactive if not used for 10 min.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

to take care of the erasing info when it refreshes i can put the input box on the outside of the frame. I enclosed it all so i could get the box as close to the top (under banner) as i could so it didn't look bad. We'll leave it like this for a bit and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Shoutbox auto refresh has been turned back on and set to refresh every 60 seconds.

Also, now the shoutbox will go inactive if not used for 10 min.
    Can we have a feature that the user can turn it on or off to help the download speeds? I am running Verizon WiFi in their 3g network and I can only get a max sustained at 50kps and sometimes that's not enough for what I am doing at the time.

Thanks in advance, Mr. P.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Pres is currently working on a theme where shoutbox is turned off

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBu View Post
    Can we have a feature that the user can turn it on or off to help the download speeds? I am running Verizon WiFi in their 3g network and I can only get a max sustained at 50kps and sometimes that's not enough for what I am doing at the time.

Thanks in advance, Mr. P.
    you can turn off the community shoutbox by going into game preferences and clicking on disable shoutbox.

As for the nation shoutbox, i made it so when you log on it's not active till you refresh it by clicking HERE in the shoutbox..

but like crimson said, there will be themes that do not include the shoutbox for those on slower connections and or just don't like it.

have a look at the difference between IE7 and FF. It doesnt work well in IE7 as far as layout. Maybe you can set the table length to a specific width and height. with the submit button inside the box it is a bit short only allowing for 3 or 4 lines of text and then you have to scroll down...

I really like the box and i really like the concept of the nation box. I think this is a huge upgrade and I see people chatting on there that I dont see posting in the forums so in my eyes this is a huge victory.

oh and there use to be ad space in WOW down the right hand side of the screen, maybe a on a test server you can play with the idea of running it down the side full lenght and like 200px wide and see what it looks like....therefore it wouldnt be in the way of the vertical scroll and you would be able to see more of the convo at once...sortof like MSN style or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    have a look at the difference between IE7 and FF. It doesnt work well in IE7 as far as layout. Maybe you can set the table length to a specific width and height. with the submit button inside the box it is a bit short only allowing for 3 or 4 lines of text and then you have to scroll down...

I really like the box and i really like the concept of the nation box. I think this is a huge upgrade and I see people chatting on there that I dont see posting in the forums so in my eyes this is a huge victory.
    i'll take a look and see what it looks like in IE7... stupid IE.. I HATE IE!

anyway, 2 themes have been added that DO NOT include the community cbox or the nation cbox... BUT, you do have a tab in the menu that will give a full page display if you want to chat in game.. So the option is there if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    you can turn off the community shoutbox by going into game preferences and clicking on disable shoutbox.

As for the nation shoutbox, i made it so when you log on it's not active till you refresh it by clicking HERE in the shoutbox..

but like crimson said, there will be themes that do not include the shoutbox for those on slower connections and or just don't like it.
    ahhh, thank you Mr. P.