Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Long Journey

Default The Long Journey

A new server has been opened in Nation-Wars. It is called The Long Journey.
    Everything is set up the same as the regular game (resurrection) except now you only receive 1 turn per 20 min and the round last 6 months.

Originally this server was going to be an endless server, but some liked the idea, some didn't so i split the difference and went to 6 months long.

This server will not be patrolled like the main server is. Cheaters will still be looked at and booted if caught, but there is no roll back nor suicide markings. This is a free at will server. So if you play and get suicided, then it's up to you to make your revenge. This also goes for triples, doubles in the top 10, war attacks outside of war ect ect.. Admins will not interfere in ANY of the game play on this new server. The states and nations will have to handle all the issues themselves..

I understand that the biggest concern about this server is those who start later will not have the same advantage as those who start sooner. Perhaps in the future i will make it so turns are adjusted and calculated to when a user starts. So if someone starts later, they are given the difference in turns from when the round started.. Or maybe they will just get a bonus of extra turns.. Haven't decided yet.

Another thing that will be nice is newer ppl can play on this server to help learn the game. It is a much slower pace then the main server. So nation leaders, feel free to have new members play on this server as well.

We are going to give this a trial run. If it flops then we will make adjustments. But i see lots of endless servers on many other games that do very well. So we'll see. I will also open a section in the forums for the new server. (prolly this weekend)

The round will begin on June 1st and end December 1st.

Also...........

There will also be a speed round server coming soon where rounds will only last like 8 days or so. And of course the Tournament server will be popping up again after some reworking is done on that. I would like to make the tournament server actually have goals that need to be achieved and not just a slaughter fest that it became. I will keep you posted as it moves forward.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

also want to add that staff members are NOT required to play on the new server like they are required to play on the Resurrection server..

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    So if someone starts later, they are given the difference in turns from when the round started.
    One flaw, all I would have to do is create a state on the last day and I'm given the 50k turns that were distributed throughout the set. If anything I would give states that join late the difference in turns, up to 1,000th turn given out. After that any state joining/restarting is automatically given 1,000 turns.

which is why i haven't made any decision on any of that yet.. Before i do i would want to find as many of the flaws as i could to cover them.. So for now, nothing will be done.

why we cant just make a completely different game then the one we have rather then playing the same game with a twist?

i dont know if this server will work. we will see.

Wait a sec, as a staff member, I'm required to play the game??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President
    also want to add that staff members are NOT required to play on the new server like they are required to play on the Resurrection server..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Wait a sec, as a staff member, I'm required to play the game??

That's the first time I ever heard that...
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

may i make a few suggestions

if the time of the game is 6x longer then allow for 6x more turns on hand and/or stored and allow for 6x the bank size, and 6x something else to keep the market good.

also put a cap on the nation member count. something like 10. A group like say the estonians can get together 15-20 members and just rule the server after a few months. For some reason I just see one larger than life nation just taking everything and everyone one out.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Only problem with the cap is then you could have USA USA2 USA3 which is the same nation just spread out into however many members they have.

I say we see how it does w/o a cap and if it is needed then we can implement one.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    may i make a few suggestions

if the time of the game is 6x longer then allow for 6x more turns on hand and/or stored and allow for 6x the bank size, and 6x something else to keep the market good.
    This is a good idea. I'm not sure we will go 6x more of everything, but an increase is definitely needed.