Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.08 (Changes for Next Set)

Default Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.08 (Changes for Next Set)

There is now a new option called "Surrender" for those who are warred and wish to get out of it. But there is a price to pay when you surrender....

Nation A declares war on Nation B.

After 36hrs, Nation B has the option to surrender. (little button show up in in foreign relations)

If Nation B surrenders they lose 25% of there National Army and 25% of the total in the Nations bank.

Nation B is now in Surrender Protection for 96hrs from other nations and 168hrs from Nation A.

Nation B cannot declare war against Nation A for the rest of the set after surrender has been declared.

This new feature allows nations to get out of war, but still pay a price for doing so.

We have tried to tie up most of the main loopholes, but yes i'm sure there are still a few of them that can be found. If nations abuse this new feature, immediate actions will be taken against them. Punishments will be sever.

Times and %'s may have to be adjusted as we move forward. This is a starting point. And as always, if this new feature does not work out, it can and will be removed. But i do like this.. I think nations have the right to surrender instead of hoping the other nation declares peace on them.

Enjoy!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

One possible loophole.

Nation B cannot declare war against Nation A for the rest of the set after surrender has been declared.
    What if Nation A redeclares war after 168hrs and then when Nation B starts their CS, Nation A declare peace forcing them to take either 5 turn attacks or wait until war is redeclared? By having it that way, Nation A has a huge advantage because then they control the strike times of Nation B. Nation B should be allowed to declare war on Nation A, if and only if, they declare war first.

Missionary Guest

i think the option to declare war after surrendering should still be there. what if nation A starts to hit nation B's allys? nation B cant declare to help there allies. seems abit daft to me there.

also whats stopping everyone in nation B removing there money from the bank before they surrender?

nice idea so far Mr.P

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    i think the option to declare war after surrendering should still be there. what if nation A starts to hit nation B's allys? nation B cant declare to help there allies. seems abit daft to me there.

also whats stopping everyone in nation B removing there money from the bank before they surrender?

nice idea so far Mr.P
    It's not what's in the members bank, it's what's in the taxbank.

I think a big part of this feature is one that is not listed in the specs. Its is one that turns cant be spent on.

FA! You have 4-7 days to make arrangements if you really dont want to war anymore. If you cant do that then your the creek etc...

Also remember that NO ONE IS FORCING your nation to even use this option.

Plenty have been blind sided and get involved in a war they didnt want. This option allows them to continue playing the set with out restarting 3 times.

The intent is not to continue a war later in the set, its to end the war and continue with the set.

pcgluva Guest

i think the nation that declared a surrender should be able to declare war again after a certain time or for an additional % loss

what would happen if Nation A, B, declare on nation C, only so to drain Nations C resources or to hit it?

here is my thought.

The only reason Nation B can't declare against Nation A for the rest of the set is to prevent an immediate surrender just to build up more and then nation B hitting Nation A cause they knew there intent.

When a nation surrenders it should be due to the facts:

1) They fought back but are getting badly beaten and surrender is the only way out.

2) they just don't want to war

3) The attacking nation forces a public surrender in order for the fighting to completely stop.

Things can be change and made so Nation B can declare against Nation A after an even longer amount of time other than 168hrs....

Again, like i mentioned this is a starting point. It's perfectly ok to tweak things as we move forward.

@ Crimson, what you stated is a known loophole but it's also considered abusing the new feature.. So the attacking nation risks losing there nation if they abused it like that.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    @ Crimson, what you stated is a known loophole but it's also considered abusing the new feature.. So the attacking nation risks losing there nation if they abused it like that.
    I'm not sure how easy the coding would be for this, but I did recommend making it so that Nation B could declare if and only if Nation A redeclared first.

also one of the reasons for this declaration could be so that a nation can make an official declaration or pact for the rest of the set and not be able to go back on empty promises.