Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Retaliation Grievance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post

@ Disorder: Nice delete
    yea because deleting your state at very low land so you won't get killed because you can't stonewall further robbing LoR and a state of a kill.

I consider that a loophole and stat padding.

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

See this is what I can't follow. Pres is supposed to know ahead of time what the loophole will be and then put it in the TOS? If he puts in "If you use a serious loophole you will be deleted," then how do you define serious?

Sorry if I'm not understanding what your posting...I'm going on low hours of sleep from watching my state all night and I'm tired
    No, I mean that once a loophole has been identified, and deemed serious enough to warrant punishment, then either it needs to be put in the TOS, or added to the Patriot act, which I think should be expanded to include "non-cheating" offences (Suciding, Vacation Mode, Retaliations) Such things warrant punishment, but only if it is clearly defined and an update that is now what, 6 months old? isn't doing that.

Basically the TOS should deal with obvious cheating (multies, bots, hacking etc) and the PA should deal with other forms of bad behaviour.

I just spent the last 1/2 hour catching up...i gotta say LoR is doing more *****ing than and slob state did. We noticed a loophole, we reported it end of story. You guys are going to win the war anyway so who ****ing cares? its 600 turns. 2 states out of 21. So its 19 vs 10 for about a day.
    Pron, your hillarious you really crack me up. You can't tell me that you thought it was wrong. If that was the case everyone would declare retaliations when they wanted to war.
    @everyone
    It wasn't reported last set cause no one noticed it or said anything. This set, you did it and we noticed it. Hence why it was reported.

Abusing loopholes should be punished...losing a days worth of turns is a slap on the wrist.
    Also, did you guys not kick a member to SA him? hmm, isn't taht a shady tactic that you mentioned?
    I love how you guys are attacking pres for this. You guys know you where wrong there is no way. This could have been a fun war, yet this whole loophole thing was blown out of proportion.
    Now, would you rather pres give you your turns and delete the nation leaders states? it would hurt you guys a lot more than just losing 600 turns.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

See this is what I can't follow. Pres is supposed to know ahead of time what the loophole will be and then put it in the TOS? If he puts in "If you use a serious loophole you will be deleted," then how do you define serious?

Sorry if I'm not understanding what your posting...I'm going on low hours of sleep from watching my state all night and I'm tired
    Prez already stated, previous to this set, that using the declaration as a way to war was not allowed, but he only posted it in the forums, not the TOS. It's impossible to see every loophole, but it is possible to put it in the TOS after seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Np Crimson. <3 you

I'm not saying no action. I'm saying fair action. It seems like Prez is adopting your same stance--"It's not a big deal because LOR will win anyways". Which is wrong.

An admin shouldn't affect the game, no matter the predetermined result. He should aim for fairness to each and every player.
    Stopping you here for a second...I think Pres is the most fairest players to have as an admin. He does what he thinks is right and of course there will be one side that figures him to be biased because of his decison.

The SLOB players got reinstated. If Prez rolled back all the LOR states--it would have been completely even, as if nothing happened. Fix the loop, and nothing can happen in the future with it. If he thinks the person's responsible will try to push the envelope and abuse loopholes, then he should punish those.
    Stopping here again. I'm not trying to bash LoR here, but they have a history of pushing the envelope. That is their reputation. If there is a gray area they will go there to see what happens. By your reasoning, LoR has a history of doing things like this, so he is punishing them.

Deletion would be extreme in this case, as the TOS doesn't have it and not everyone checks all forum postings. Something in between nothing and what Prez did is what should have happened, but Prez (imo) overstepped his bounds as admin and gave an advantage.
    I'm not a fan of deletion. In this situation it would have cost Devil/Ali both 1000 turn states, not just the 700 it took to kill the 2 in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    yea because deleting your state at very low land so you won't get killed because you can't stonewall further robbing LoR and a state of a kill.

BB Guest

north you forgot to mention kicked the state while he was being attacked if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    I just spent the last 1/2 hour catching up...i gotta say LoR is doing more *****ing than and slob state did. We noticed a loophole, we reported it end of story. You guys are going to win the war anyway so who ****ing cares? its 600 turns. 2 states out of 21. So its 19 vs 10 for about a day.
    Pron, your hillarious you really crack me up. You can't tell me that you thought it was wrong. If that was the case everyone would declare retaliations when they wanted to war.
    @everyone
    It wasn't reported last set cause no one noticed it or said anything. This set, you did it and we noticed it. Hence why it was reported.

Abusing loopholes should be punished...losing a days worth of turns is a slap on the wrist.
    Also, did you guys not kick a member to SA him? hmm, isn't taht a shady tactic that you mentioned?
    I love how you guys are attacking pres for this. You guys know you where wrong there is no way. This could have been a fun war, yet this whole loophole thing was blown out of proportion.
    Now, would you rather pres give you your turns and delete the nation leaders states? it would hurt you guys a lot more than just losing 600 turns.
    So what would happen if another nation jumps in to help SLOB? Then those lost 600 turns matter a great deal more.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Prez already stated, previous to this set, that using the declaration as a way to war was not allowed, but he only posted it in the forums, not the TOS. It's impossible to see every loophole, but it is possible to put it in the TOS after seeing it.
    I will give you that...Pres did post that in the forums, where inactive players could have missed it, but if it was that simple to just declare war and attack immediately, why didn't SLOB do it. Why declare and wait an hour?

Perhaps it is time to update the Patriot Act and TOS again.

@Pres: If you want me to I have some down time right now so I can help out rewriting if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

<<<THATS DEVIL AND ALI..

Pres,

I have to agree and disagree with you.

There already is a loophole that people exploit every round to get the top spots, and only those players that have been playing a while and who know the loop holes will ever get those top spots.

In my case if I ever get the top spot (which is unlikely because Im a fighter and not a lover) I wouldnt mind someone beating my score.
    but if that person used a loop hole and beat my top score, still I wouldnt mind, I am not here to hold the coveted top spot on NW for forever, records are meant to be broken and if someone found a way to break it then all be it.

Now I can see how someone who is a complainer would feel that they were robbed and would ask for that state to be deleted because they are gonna cry their hearts out over it.

And yes I would ask that maybe the state not have its top score recorded, or have an asterisk put next to its name or something, but do not penalize someone for your mistakes. If you coded the game and tested it properly , then their should be no loopholes am i right? In fact you should offer rewards to players that find loop holes.

All in all i think i am rambling and i forgot what my original intented post was going to be, but ill think about it later...
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)