Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Retaliation Grievance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    well pron what do you think proper action is for allt he lor states that come in here and post they know about loopholes but yet they fail to report them...
    Well, "all the LOR states" has been one state, and Prez should ask what the loophole is and deal with that situation how the TOS says he should deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

[QUOTE=pron;74860]If you're gonna say you read to catch up, you should probably catch up properly before talking about it.
    1. I care, it's my state, and you would complain if you lost 300 turns for something you knew nothing about. If you can somehow explain to me where I knew about it, and if you want to prove that I'm lying--feel free to try.

Thats where the argument where its your leaders or you. I think losing 600 turns is a small loss when it comes to exploiting a loophole. Maybe you didn't know about it, but your leaders did. Like i said, would you rather lose 300 turns or would you rather delete your leaders states?

2. You're looking at fairness in the war--I'm looking for fairness in an admin acting on individual states.
    He did what he thought was fair. You guys (LoR) exploited a loophole, if we wanted to hit as soon as we declared we would have declared retaliations as well.
    3. There are lots of things that I think are wrong with this game, but we play with them anyways. Read the shady vs cheating part of the discussion.
    4. I never said it wasn't wrong. I never said that it shouldn't be punished. I'm saying that the admin overstepped in punishing states that didn't know about it. I'm saying that the admins should abide by the TOS, not by forum postings.
    Its kind of common sense...Just think about it for a second...
    Pron, you have been playing this game a long time, both you and I know that. You just have to think for a second....whats the point of declaring for war and preps, if it can be turned around by the opposing nation just declaring retals.

Agreed--except it was not just one days worth of turns, it was 800 turns lost. Admin overstepped. I don't care if it was a slap on the wrist in the big picture, are you slapping the right wrists? In this case, no.

Sometimes you gotta go past the boundaries to prove a point. Now everyone knows that if you think its a loophole, don't exploit it.

I never said LOR didn't do shady things. LOL--that would be impossible to defend. But I'm saying Prez lets a lot of shady things go in this game. Also, I didn't SA that state. Again, I'm not all of LOR.
    When i said 'you guys' i meant LOR

Seriously, understand the arguments before posting. I never said there wasn't wrong done. I'm saying that Prez overstepped in punishing those that didn't know anything about it. I'm saying he shouldn't punish severely because it wasn't in the TOS. Because he messed up in the TOS, and because he decided to roll back the SLOB states, he should have rolled back our turns as well. If he thought people were continually abusive, then punish those, but it's silly to reinstate one side, and leave the other in this case.
    If people didn't get punished for exploiting loopholes, and knew everytime they exploited one all that would happen is their states would be rolled back...isn't really helping the cause.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

So what your saying and basing your entire argument on is this.

Because I have never seen the actual law that states I cannot kill another human being than I should not be punished for it, and if I do get punished for it were I see unfit, I should go on the forums and hijack a thread to get attension.

Jump off a cliff CHEATER!

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Prez should ask what the loophole is
    Why is it always pres's responsibility to initiate the conversation. If something is known it should be brought up to him. I doubt with work and RL, that he has the time to track down everyone and talk to them about loopholes. I know this doesn't really have any real argument about what your saying now but everytime it seems all night you have been implying that pres has to talk to people first. If you feel you are wronged or know something that is going on that shouldnt, don't you need to talk to him.

You don't expect the police to come to your house because they are checking randomly for problems...you call them when there is an issue.

@andy: you almost got the quote thing right

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    I've never said the situation shouldn't be fixed appropriately. If you need an Admin to fight your wars, then you should delete and move on.

If you think my argument is BS, then prove it. Otherwise you're just another voice without anything behind it.
    We didn't declare war planning on pres 'fighting our wars'
    Nations
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post

Because I have never seen the actual law that states I cannot kill another human being than I should not be punished for it, and if I do get punished for it were I see unfit, I should go on the forums and hijack a thread to get attension.

Actually in some instances, if the offender doesn't know its a law. Nothing like murder, or arson or theft. They can be released since the knew no knowledge of such law. Like driving and talking on your cellphone for instance...some states its legal, others its illegal.
    Nations
    1 [HuuF] x 1

NEVER EVER if a federal law is broken. I have never heard of such a thing done in court by any judge.

Thats a federal law hence why i ruled those out.
    Nations
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post

Lets get down to it...

If you were reported via the Cheater Report System, and your case was reviewed and you were punished in any way shape of form (in your case the loss of turns) then you are a cheater.

So? Are you a cheater or are you not a cheater. If you were punished you are a cheater, if you were not punished then I guess you can keep your "clean slate"

Whether you think your right or wrong matters not, you were in the wrong, and you are wrong, and thats all that pretty much counts...

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    Thats a federal law hence why i ruled those out.
    your going to have to prove the state law thing to me some other time...until then I strongly dout it. If you are caught in MD for driving while texting for example you may be let off by the officer or the court may not have enough evidense to convict you of the crime, but I can IMAGINE they would ever say "well you didnt know it was against the law so we HAVE TO LET YOU OFF."

BTW why is SLOB owning a nation over double their size on day two of a strike LOR was "ready" for? 7-7 for now.

I expect LOR to pick up the pace, but this is a CLEAR victory for SLOB!
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 07-07-2009 at 22:59.