Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Nation-Wars?

Default What would you like to see in Nation-Wars?

Most of you have been around this game for a long time.. most of you play other online games like ours and most of you have some good ideas that a lot of times gets missed.. Some of you are new to our game and i'm sure you too play other online games.. What i would like to know is what would you like to see Nation-Wars have in it's game.. I want to know if you feel we need to get rid of something, include something new, polish up something old to make it better.. any idea you have that YOU feel would make our game better in anyway.. Post any idea you have.. If you don't like a policy, POST IT! If you don't like a feature we have, POST IT! If you play another game and they have something that everyone loves, POST IT!

I'm trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks.. I do ask that you make serious replies to this topic. Spam and stupid comments will be deleted. We have had 1 1/2yrs of screwing around and stupid comments.. it's time for some serious talk.

thanks

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Larger Networth? Anyone remeber those days
    Maybe larger amount of turns given out?

if person sees there state grow everyday they will like to play more, they are achiveing something rather then buy huge amount of units to see any growth.

just me

but the main task i tihnk is recriutment fro advertisement which should play a key role, mabybe can you select where you can advertise you ads. i know this game Evony. almost any site i go to they ahve there ads there.

maybe we advertise in the military forums/

can we use the forum as a recriutment tool?
    Last edited by Kamran; 07-18-2009 at 10:37.

I would like to see more socialization..im not sure how to get it there, but in that one game he just mentioned i saw that people have profiles and they upload pics and there seem to be a lot of girls and guys and they voted on pics and stuff like that. I think that is a major draw when more members are here. Everyone is so addicted to facebook and myspace its sick...

I would like to see more things to do when you are out of turns...I have no turns, or waiting on the market, no one is posting on the forums and it just pisses me off...sometimes i sit on NW hitting the refresh button every 10-30 min to see if anyone even posted anything else.

I would like to see the chat bot front and center at the top of the forum, and also larger. I think more people use that chat box than anyother feature, but I have to scroll down tothe bottom and I always forget about it...and since the height is so small idk i just think it would be used more and more if it was more front and center on the forums, and its the laziest way to socialize and virtually effortless to use.

I would like to see more rewards and a clear direction of the game. What I mean by that is lets define the game a bit more...what are the goals? So many goals and so many directions leads to arguements because people want to do different achievments in game. Some like to war, some like to net, some net and dont even care if the get a good score. Some use turns wisely some just expand and build. Expand and build is the most boring thing EVER! Reward for finishing on top will increase the reason for playing for the top. I like the idea of INDIVIDUAL states being rewarded for wars, killing and LG.

I would like to see Expand be virtually worthless after 2-3k land. I think expanding and building leads down the road of bordom, which eventually leads down the road of less active and/or quitting. If you dont attack with LG you should get NO WEAR at all. Im not saying increase LG formula, I am suggest decreasing land by expanding. If you can drop it off at 2-3000 land do so, if you can drop it off at 100 land to make it easier then do so, but that will effect start ups and top ten scores of all time. I WANT YOU TO FORCE ME TO LG! That would make me play more seriously and care more about each turn and using them.

I would like to see a video...im not sure how to accomplish that, but i have friends that do.

More graphics are needed...not sure were, but they are needed in co-existance with an enhanced layout. I think its more of a draw for new visitors to play a game that looks new not like a dusty old game from 2000....10 years might as well be a 100 years in this industry. I have all the series of AOE, from AOE, to II, to Mythology, and the new one as well...HUGE visual upgrades each time. If you dont have highspeed (sorry) and you have an antique PC (sorry), maybe you need to upgrade a bit. A $400.00 complete system is 100X faster than a machine that cost 2K just 5-7 years ago.

I would also point out that when designing the game consider that 70%+ users use IE, NOT firefox. Firefox has about a 15% market share now, and google and MAC are really reducing that as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I would like to see more socialization..im not sure how to get it there, but in that one game he just mentioned i saw that people have profiles and they upload pics and there seem to be a lot of girls and guys and they voted on pics and stuff like that. I think that is a major draw when more members are here. Everyone is so addicted to facebook and myspace its sick...

I would like to see more things to do when you are out of turns...I have no turns, or waiting on the market, no one is posting on the forums and it just pisses me off...sometimes i sit on NW hitting the refresh button every 10-30 min to see if anyone even posted anything else.

I would like to see the chat bot front and center at the top of the forum, and also larger. I think more people use that chat box than anyother feature, but I have to scroll down tothe bottom and I always forget about it...and since the height is so small idk i just think it would be used more and more if it was more front and center on the forums, and its the laziest way to socialize and virtually effortless to use.

I would like to see more rewards and a clear direction of the game. What I mean by that is lets define the game a bit more...what are the goals? So many goals and so many directions leads to arguements because people want to do different achievments in game. Some like to war, some like to net, some net and dont even care if the get a good score. Some use turns wisely some just expand and build. Expand and build is the most boring thing EVER! Reward for finishing on top will increase the reason for playing for the top. I like the idea of INDIVIDUAL states being rewarded for wars, killing and LG.

I would like to see Expand be virtually worthless after 2-3k land. I think expanding and building leads down the road of bordom, which eventually leads down the road of less active and/or quitting. If you dont attack with LG you should get NO WEAR at all. Im not saying increase LG formula, I am suggest decreasing land by expanding. If you can drop it off at 2-3000 land do so, if you can drop it off at 100 land to make it easier then do so, but that will effect start ups and top ten scores of all time. I WANT YOU TO FORCE ME TO LG! That would make me play more seriously and care more about each turn and using them.
    Yeah I get bored when I don't have turns, I like seeing people post, even if I don't like them or what they've posted I like it. Good idea about moving the shout box, though I tend to look there more now due to all the other data that's shown down there.

Not sure about changing how much land is given, I like to expand and build to put more land into the game, and also farmers have a tough enough time as it is, this would make all farmers sell at 70 so they could get some money for units; coupled with the fact if everyone stopped expanding at 3k land there wouldn't be a whole lot to go round imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    Yeah I get bored when I don't have turns, I like seeing people post, even if I don't like them or what they've posted I like it. Good idea about moving the shout box, though I tend to look there more now due to all the other data that's shown down there.

Not sure about changing how much land is given, I like to expand and build to put more land into the game, and also farmers have a tough enough time as it is, this would make all farmers sell at 70 so they could get some money for units; coupled with the fact if everyone stopped expanding at 3k land there wouldn't be a whole lot to go round imo.
    We all know more land = higher score. Less land to fight for may be the ticket. Keeping land you take with AR, and LG more often may be what we need. Protecting Land may lead to more conflict of doubles and triples.

The harder it is and the more you have to fight to get a better score the better imo. Literally fighting for the land sounds great to me.

Example: Our Globe only has so much land, why in this virtual land its limetless.

This is overboard, but if you could only expand up to 3000 land and you gained NO land after that by expanding it would set up a situation were there wouldnt be anymore than 3000 x the amount of players. So if there was only 100 players their could only be 300,000 land. Who ever can obtain the most land or territory would get the better score, and also the people with the most land divided by how well its protected would determine how much of a target they were.

I dont think its a terrible concept.

My main point is that expand and build leads to not caring. Not caring about your score, not caring how often you log in, not caring really about even playing the actual game. I think this leads to inactivity, bordom and eventual quitting. Some will last longer than others as their tolorence for bordom is greater.

I know that if a console game was that boring no one would play it after a few times, and it would sit ont he shelf and collect dust, and after it was reviewed no one would buy it, and ESPECIALLY none would tell their friends to buy it or play it.

I think we need to have people really having a good time so they can tell others how much fun, addiciting, exciting the game is. Word of Mouth is all we have and right now I dont have enough good things to say to even beg my co-workers to play.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Reducing the land would make the game boring IMO. Lower land = lots of hits on crappy land. We would all be fighting for 50-75 land and we wouldn't have those 2-3k grabs that can really help out restarts.

Land is fine where its at, if you reduce expanding as you recommend, then you are essentially punishing those who don't have 2-3 hours to sit around waiting on grabs.

you could always increase the min grab. idk

All I know is that you definatly should not be able to come close to a good score with out land grabbing. those who put in more effort should be greatly more rewarded for doing so which would include waiting for good grabs, and grabbing more often.

Also those who expand and build are less likely to log in more often, less likely to care about thier states, the game, the forums, the everything (eventually), and are at a higher risk of just not playing anymore, and certainly not playing as hard.

you guys also need to relize that game isn't competetive enough for everyone.

there are those who can net and stay top from beginning and the others who stock alls et and try to get atleast a top 10, the ones in between ones no one really tends to care of( me ). you can get more people but can make them stay long enough or that they can become competetive with rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
    you guys also need to relize that game isn't competetive enough for everyone.

there are those who can net and stay top from beginning and the others who stock alls et and try to get atleast a top 10, the ones in between ones no one really tends to care of( me ). you can get more people but can make them stay long enough or that they can become competetive with rest?
    Personally I care more for the guys like you, I prefer playing with you. The ones who can get to the top and stay there often get God complexes and forget there is anyone but themselves playing this game. But without the middle guys this game would be nothing, I would rather play with 20 average people and have my nation finish 2nd than play with 10 "pros" inf whoring and have my nation finish 1st.