Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Nation-Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    Personally I care more for the guys like you, I prefer playing with you. The ones who can get to the top and stay there often get God complexes and forget there is anyone but themselves playing this game. But without the middle guys this game would be nothing, I would rather play with 20 average people and have my nation finish 2nd than play with 10 "pros" inf whoring and have my nation finish 1st.
    i like playing with yuo aswell but my point is there aren't enough of those middle guys its either stock or net high. the ones in middle will either stay cuase of being loyal to game slowly lose the taste for the game.

i think the middles are mostly LOR/WLF type of players.

atleast thats whats left.

Maggio if you put a set limit say 300k land total in the game and people restart and all the land is taken up how will they restart? and back when had a decent player base there was no way you could expand and build and get top 20. If there werent any wars or anything you wouldn't even get top50.

However more community interaction would be great. I say bring back the spam forum. Let us just go on about random bs and have fun. A joke thread a 3 letter story thread just random fun stuff like that. I mean right now all i ever do is post in W&R and if LoR isnt warring i mayb post 3-5 times a month.

Also an idea from earth would be government types either for Nation or States. It would give more than just 2 ways to play a certain strat. Well one kinda because what used to be known as stocking is now dead.

Landdropping? why was that taken away?

Would also like a spy op that lowers readiness. Maybe about half the readiness. I just see too many top states running with 250k lv 1 spys last week in the set.

Make recovering from GA's harder. Lets face it you just had 25mil pop destroyed. use a couple of turns and millions are flocking to you. I'd say put a 50k pop increase per turn used or something.

Bigger NW: Bigger is better, right?

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

More turns
    ability to have more turns on hand
    ability to have more turns stored
    store more in the bank
    if the market is dry for more than 4-10 hours why not have the server generate random units that go up for max price...
    zero tolerance policy on the forums, no more flaming, no more whining, whining should be strictly limited to PM's
    bring back land dropping
    set a limit of 50k land per player
    More random events
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah
    on and on and on..
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Landdropping? why was that taken away?

Would also like a spy op that lowers readiness. Maybe about half the readiness. I just see too many top states running with 250k lv 1 spys last week in the set.

Make recovering from GA's harder. Lets face it you just had 25mil pop destroyed. use a couple of turns and millions are flocking to you. I'd say put a 50k pop increase per turn used or something.
    land dropping was taken away because it made warring too devastating and fast i believe. personally i always viewed land dropping as suicide legitimized by the presence of war.

i really really like the GA idea. so true. sometimes a nations only chance to make an impact in a war is GA (for example netter heavy nations with infantry heavy states) and being able to get it all back in 1 turn sucks *** for them. so yeah i think thats a very good idea.

the spy idea is also quite good. i remember seeing some top3 states with like 60mill inf and 200k lvl1 spies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
    i think the middles are mostly LOR/WLF type of players.

atleast thats whats left.
    i think atm im the only long standing WLF player left playing well me and Cape too. Dboz seems to have quit...hope he comes back is there anyone else im missing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    More turns
    ability to have more turns on hand
    ability to have more turns stored
    store more in the bank
    if the market is dry for more than 4-10 hours why not have the server generate random units that go up for max price...
    zero tolerance policy on the forums, no more flaming, no more whining, whining should be strictly limited to PM's
    bring back land dropping
    set a limit of 50k land per player
    More random events
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah
    on and on and on..
    actually i think having less turns on hand and turns stored will make people more active. atm 400 turns = no need to login for nearly 3 days.
    stocking is too strong/easy as it is. having a bigger bank will just make it even easier.
    i think theres already a market bot which automatically sends goods to the market.
    so what do indies do when they reach 50k? besides its usually only a very few that reach 50k each set...so what do they do? its a bit like saying: "yeah youre the best this set at grabbing so now were basically gonna stop you from playing so that others can catch up"
    some more random events would be good..i remember suggesting them in Dev Section (which would also help prevent a certain way of feeding atm).
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 07-18-2009 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

i would like to see...
    more players!!! woo
    but seriously..
    I heard of that game evony about 4-5 days ago. Been playing it since, and it has now been mentioned on this forum about 5 times since. That game is doing something right.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

i think less max turns even if it was forcing log in every two days instead of three.

I like the ideal of limiting the top state/s from running away with the set. dont know if max land is the answer, but it could be the easiest way to code.

i dont like that you dont have to defend at the top against spies. spy readiness is very important imo especially if a restarting nation has a chance against the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
    i know this game Evony.
    Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    I heard of that game evony about 4-5 days ago. Been playing it since, and it has now been mentioned on this forum about 5 times since. That game is doing something right.
    Evony Server (not World) 12, Saxony, |3RA|`´|

And now on-topic:
    more players, definetly... My brother likes this game called the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I think it sucks, w/e) So he looked some stuff up on their wiki. Every page had at least three ads for Evony.
    That was on *.wikia.com, so I suspect that all free wikia-wikis have the same stuff: evony ads all over them.

Of course, there's only one small problem: ads cost RL money
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

stupid reply, but reducing things that lead to bordom, and increasing things to do while waiting to use turns.

anything that would increase the frequency of log ins has to help.

I log in freaking dozens of times per day, and I dont even look at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Gotink View Post
    Evony Server (not World) 12, Saxony, |3RA|`´|

And now on-topic:
    more players, definetly... My brother likes this game called the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I think it sucks, w/e) So he looked some stuff up on their wiki. Every page had at least three ads for Evony.
    That was on *.wikia.com, so I suspect that all free wikia-wikis have the same stuff: evony ads all over them.

Of course, there's only one small problem: ads cost RL money
    evony ads are everywhere, they are doing a massive recriutment ads. when you have the money you can do it. i used to play it but qiut.
    Last edited by Shabaz K; 07-19-2009 at 20:26.

well i too think the more net you gain per turn the better meaning you are improving. this should be implented.

BUT

i think where we do lack is and that is the community. all those sites that every has mentioned could see there forums full of people. Communtication lvl is there adn thast what we really need to focus on.

TBH the only time anyone gets on and has a good chat with loads of people at same time would be during a warchat and everyone who has been to can say its the only time these days to get togather.

thast what new people need a place where chats like warchats happen but without the war nonsense. showing the activness of the community. but latly GD in this game had nothing to discuss on, it has really become a spam place.

Also post counts do rock, i think get a spam forum adn intregrate the spam posts as post count.