Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: feed Back Plz

Default feed Back Plz

I like the idea of when you create a nation you chose a Govt which then gives you plus and neg to each.. Here is the catch.....

This would be implemented on the new server which means we only have a short time to come up with some suggestions and get it in the game in time for testing before opening day.. At this time i don't want to have to redo all the formula's (not enough time) so i'm trying to think of simple things to make this work for now and then after it's up we can work on upgrading and making new implements..

I'm thinking things like:

- adjusting time to market.
    - Making certain techs available to certain govts.. Like Communism could only put tech in Indy strat, and maybe make Democracy where you can support any strat but have a longer goods to market time...

Perhaps one where you get a tech boost in a certain strat..

I really don't know, i haven't played enough games with Govt options to really know what would be good.. So this is why i'm asking you all.. Perhaps there are some simple things we can do right now to get it up and going and then add to it as we move fwd..

Ideas? Opinions?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

this will definately change the dynamics of the game...

Anyhow, how about one that allows us to send goods to market right away? Or how about an option that would allow us to run a "recruitment" turn, similiar to what cashers have, just for indys tho...
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

what turned me off about alot of games when i was looking is that I wanted to dive in, and when you have to choose a gov, or race, with out knowing what impact it willhave on your game, it turned me off as a prosective new player.

I am only saying this because it effected my descition, but it may be different for other or most others.

having govs, and strats definately gives many different variables not only to have but to test.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    what turned me off about alot of games when i was looking is that I wanted to dive in, and when you have to choose a gov, or race, with out knowing what impact it willhave on your game, it turned me off as a prosective new player.

I am only saying this because it effected my descition, but it may be different for other or most others.

having govs, and strats definately gives many different variables not only to have but to test.
    agreed..
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

Changing any dynamic of the strategies or core gameplay will take time to balance them.

- Variable banksize
    - Max tech %
    - Max NA support %
    - Longer or shorter time between tax changes

I wouldn't market them as governments, but bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

careful with tech. you don`t want to unbalance the strats further
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

i suggested this some years ago, and I still like the idea.

as for new players being able to dive right in, they still can. choosing a government would only affect individuals creating nations.

Time it takes to declare war:

If totalitarian, then declare time would be shorter than in a democracy.

Also--I wouldn't make the bonuses innate for the states that join, but make it something that over time will help the nation. Xavior had the right idea: Instead of 155% for indy's, if it's communist, make the max tech 160% or something. Same for casher in democracy, or farming in Monarchy.
    What we shouldn't do is have something where the democracy automatically gives a 10% cash bonus, because then people can create their own nations with no tax, and start cashing for mega-cash turns ^^.

Finally, less readiness loss in war attacks for the war governments. Since they control the media, there would be less opposition to war

Oh--and we should probably have negative things as well for each government. If you choose democracy, you might produce less military. Or if you choose communism, you might produce less money. etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Time it takes to declare war:

If totalitarian, then declare time would be shorter than in a democracy.

Also--I wouldn't make the bonuses innate for the states that join, but make it something that over time will help the nation. Xavior had the right idea: Instead of 155% for indy's, if it's communist, make the max tech 160% or something. Same for casher in democracy, or farming in Monarchy.
    What we shouldn't do is have something where the democracy automatically gives a 10% cash bonus, because then people can create their own nations with no tax, and start cashing for mega-cash turns ^^.

Finally, less readiness loss in war attacks for the war governments. Since they control the media, there would be less opposition to war

Oh--and we should probably have negative things as well for each government. If you choose democracy, you might produce less military. Or if you choose communism, you might produce less money. etc etc.
    someone been playing civilization?
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

if gov affects tech, then whats the point? If your going indi then you choosing gov a., if your going cash then gov b?

if your going to do something then make is less intwined with strat.