Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: feed Back Plz

pcgluva Guest

i think we should not be worried abotu top 10 scores overall but per set, a fresh game with changes is what we need. NZ updates there server every set. i was thinking of some stuff like this

Nation A: (Cashier Favored)
    - +10% income
    - Max Bank Size Doubled
    - BM price is +10% of PM max(decreased from +20%) / OR max PM Max the BM price so if pm is dry they can still buy from BM

Negatives
    - +5% Food Consumption
    - Banking Cost 1 turn to Deposit
    - Upgrade prices +10%
    - Goods Purchased From BM arive in 1 hour

Nation B (indy favored)
    +10% Production
    - A production button added
    - Upgrades -10% of original Price

nEGS
    +8% food consumption
    Bank Size -25% (no turn to deposit)

Nation C (Farmer Favored)
    +10% Food production
    -5% food consumption
    Bank Size +25%
    +Farming Button for extra production

Negs
    + 10% time to ship to market
    Banking Cost 1 turn

ALL NATIONS START AS NETTING
    Becoming a war nation: if your going to FS you have to declare yourself as a warring nation and it takes 24 hours
    + Readyness use after declaration(not declaration of war but as a warring nation) drops by 1/2
    + Bonus's from Cash, Produce, or Farm is Revoked
    + Ability To Declare War

(if you are FS you can imediatly declare war back and keep your netting standerds but do not recieve the Readyness bonus or the abbility to declare war on other nations)

Returning to Netting:
    If you are finished warring and wish to return to the Netting Bonus Provided Above then u must revoke your warring status this should take 6-12 hours somewhere in there

ONCE YOU DECLARE PEACE ON A NATION YOU CAN NOT WAR THEM AGAIN FOR X ammount of days depending on the new set length

Then Some new Techs:
    Market Shipping: the more tech you put into it the less time it takes to ship goods
    War Declaration: more tech means less time to become a war nation (max is 12 hours instead of 24)
    Bank Size: Max 25% of current bank level so Indy can return to regular, farm and cash will have an additional 25% if researched

someothers that i have in mind but i will see how this is liked

i like the tech ideas

Reading all the suggestions, I think something should be able to be brought out of all this, but, it will take a lot of time and effort to come up with something workable. One thing I didn't notice is a government of neutrality, sort of a Switzerland of NW. If all the nation strats are to be looked at and tweaked, why not do something with neutrality. Maybe it would take a certain amount of tech in order to remain neutral and non warred. Just a thought.

Side Note*** See I am still here

it`s just a thought, but maybe Govt should NOT give strat bonus.

Mess with market times, banks, military, GB.
    And if you do, make it a difference, not just slight increase or decrease. make it matter, or don`t make it at all
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    what turned me off about alot of games when i was looking is that I wanted to dive in, and when you have to choose a gov, or race, with out knowing what impact it willhave on your game, it turned me off as a prosective new player.

I am only saying this because it effected my descition, but it may be different for other or most others.

having govs, and strats definately gives many different variables not only to have but to test.
    this. not to mention that every game seems to have these government options etc. i

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    What we shouldn't do is have something where the democracy automatically gives a 10% cash bonus, because then people can create their own nations with no tax, and start cashing for mega-cash turns ^^.
    so 10% bonus but no tech bonus because its a newly created nation with no tax hence no money to buy science? they can do that if they want

anyway personally i dont like this idea. it will make NW even more like all those other games. im up for change but id rather have things like new attacks etc.

not to mention that we wont have enough time to test this for new server...and many of the suggestions are very unbalanced. for example if theres going to be some government which is war based then to counter act for making something which is overpowered as it is (war) theyd need to have things like....much bigger upkeeps...MUCH bigger upkeeps and things like special random events eg "peoples revolt" or something...like a red turn...so yeah having the possibility of having a red turn as a random event (although under a diff name obvs and more frequent) - to represent peoples dissatisfaction with the rule and their attempts to protest. basically for a war based government their top players shouldnt be able to compete for top spots in a netting set unless they war.

anyway thats just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgluva View Post

ALL NATIONS START AS NETTING
    Becoming a war nation: if your going to FS you have to declare yourself as a warring nation and it takes 24 hours
    + Readyness use after declaration(not declaration of war but as a warring nation) drops by 1/2
    + Bonus's from Cash, Produce, or Farm is Revoked
    + Ability To Declare War

(if you are FS you can imediatly declare war back and keep your netting standerds but do not recieve the Readyness bonus or the abbility to declare war on other nations)

Then Some new Techs:
    Market Shipping: the more tech you put into it the less time it takes to ship goods
    War Declaration: more tech means less time to become a war nation (max is 12 hours instead of 24)
    Bank Size: Max 25% of current bank level so Indy can return to regular, farm and cash will have an additional 25% if researched

someothers that i have in mind but i will see how this is liked
    Why would you make warring more damaging to the fs'er? Its already harder to compete with netters if you even war for a few days. So your doing all attacks instead of land gaining,building and casher and such. Taking bonuses away would be even more damaging when in reality a nation gearing for war would start producing more food , more money and more army.

New tech ideas seem good.

also i'd say change the AR/GA formula and make it a little more turn consuming to kill a state

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Make the sets shorter but do not cut back on the amount of turns you get. Get more players to visit the site more rather than those who only visit when they have 300 on hand and a few stored.

Like 15 days but you get turns every 5 minutes instead of 10, or 20 days and you get turns every 7.5 minutes instead of 10....
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

gain land/units for war attacks.

pcgluva Guest

devil how about a new type of refuel that combines the cash/pro/indy buttons and refuel button its only availible in war, call it regroup or something along that line

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    also i'd say change the AR/GA formula and make it a little more turn consuming to kill a state
    no. benefits only large nations
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE