Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: feed Back Plz

Crimson Shadow Guest

In the new server there will be a bomber only attack for wars.
    I believe that will make them used more

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    I like the way you think my friend...but what about the bombers?
    I think there is a Bomb Run (BR) attack in the worx.

the main reason i haven't fooled around with tanks and bombers is no casher nation or farmers used them since so little are produced. no indy's use them because they simply won't sell. their odd like that. i hate saying it but when their were more players u could mess around with different units more since there were always nations using every unit.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

alright mr. p! i put some thought into this, and i thought it would be cool to the government in each nation have an effect on how each nation is put together and how privileges ect. are distributed. you can fool around with %'s if you want or not use them at all but i will attempt to put some here. but here is my idea.

also a note i feel the nation chat box shouldn't be a privilege but available to everyone in the nation.

i broke the governments down into more broad categories, but this should represent most of them.

Monarchy: government by one individual
    in this form of government the creator of the nation can distribute or revoke privileges as he/she see's fit.

this is the base government and will function normally as ours do now.

-grand duchy(i need a better name for this)(fuedalist state?)(someone with more knowlege of royal families and things of that nature could give me some input here)
    you break your nation into various (ducheries?fiefs?) lead by dukes and duchesses, once chosen these states now have a voice in your government and can overturn a leaders decision to retal or war by a majority vote(leaders vote counts as 2, everyone elses counts as 1) and cause a civil war where states must choose sides or leave the nation(just an idea of a power). these states will have TEAO privileges, and can each select 2 states to exist beneath them (i suggest they are labelled in the nation for all to see). the duke/duchess will have the V privilege to see just the 2 states selected.

the creator/leader of the nation will have all privileges and be able to select 3 states instead of the regular 2 states of the dukes/duchesses. And will have the V privilege over all states in his/her nation.

their will be 2 separate Taxes 1 for the nation, 1 for each (fief). Each fief can then add an extra (5-10%) tech/NA to the states in their fief. since tech tends to be more difficult to increase some thought should be put into how much tech will be needed for additional benefits. each duke/duchess can declare war/retaliation from his/her fief.

?when you choose this category it would be nice if you could break the nation up into fiefs on the member states list. nations can now declare war on individual fiefs in this nation and it won't result in a war on the whole nation. if the creator/leader of the nation declares war the whole nation goes to war, but you still have to go threw war prep. regardless if another nation declares war on a fief in your nation you still have to wait until the nation leader or the duke/duchess of your fief declares war and goes threw preparations to recieve the 2 turns to attack instead of the 5.

changing war prep time to something around 3-6 hours might be something to consider as a draw back to this nation. or changing that for the war prep time for the game might help too.

Republic: government by the people
    when u choose a republic you must choose between the following types.

-Parliamentary
    your nation is now a republic in order to declare war you must have majority consent of the members of your members. states can vote on declaring war only after war preparations have started and you can only war if you recieve a majority vote from the states in your nation. also elections are now an on-going part of your nation. in this form of government you will have 5 separate posts. you can cast your vote for each post and change them at any time. so at any point of the set you can have a change in position if a state accumulates the majority of the votes for a position. i think a separate link for a republic for voting should be put in place.
    Prime minster will have all privileges. TFEAOMV
    FA Adviser FOV
    Technology Adviser TV
    Economics Adviser EV
    Military Adviser FAV

All states in the nation will recieve the V privilege. +50% bank, market goods only take 2-4 hours to arrive on the market. +10% technology effectiveness, meaning every 10 pts on a particular tech would count for 11. thus 1,000,000 would = 1,100,000 tech in a republic.

in order to avoid people abusing the majority vote by kicking players we should make a 6-24 hour waiting rule to join a nation, maybe have it in effect when 1-2 days into the set or start when the set starts. this way you can kick inactives if you need to, but kicking and having players rejoin right away won't be an available option.

-Constitutional
    Similar to the Parliamentary government except for the following changes. You now have elections once every 7 days where states will have 1 day to vote for each position in the government. instead of a prime minster you have a president. The president can declare war preparations and declare war without the approval of the nation, but he must receive majority consent after 24 hours of the war or peace is declared.

States will only have a 25% bank bonus, and the nation will receive only a 5% technology effectiveness.

a side note for this nation, if you don't vote during the election day your voice will not be heard and you won't be able to change who your nation elected for until the end of the next week.

I think working on positives and negatives for this form of government needs to be done yet, i'm not sure on the bank/market/tech advantages. and i think mr. p could have some good idea's to add for this government because his nation USA was run similarly.

Dictatorship
    : government controlled by military rule

The largest state in the nation has control of the nation, including all the privileges TFEAOMV. He can distribute privileges as he see's fit. +10% military dispatch. War prep time halved. Market goods take 6-8 hours to hit the market. (less readiness lost in each attack?) -need to rethink advantages and disadvantages.

((only the leader can control privileges, he cannot share them?) or maybe give him 1 adviser?)

Communist: Communism is based on the concept of shared effort and shared resources. Please note that no existent nation practices pure communism in the modern world.

The leader will have all privileges. He then Chooses 1 state for each of the following positions. once chosen they cannot be changed.
    FA Adviser FOV
    Technology Adviser TV
    Economics Adviser EV
    Military Adviser FAV

You can send resources to other states in your nation at (1%?) of your money/military/food. or you can donate 10% of ur money/military to the nation. maybe a drawback to have to support the weakest state in the nation. or remove the sending of goods to states and only allow you to donate to the nation.

Theocracy: government a body of divine rulers or by religious law

i'm at a loss of idea's at this point but i'd appreciate any input from anyone on this post.

anyways the details need to still be hammered out but you guys can see where i'm going with the make-up of nation.
    Last edited by BeeNo; 07-31-2009 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    alright mr. p! i put some thought into this, and i thought it would be cool to the government in each nation have an effect on how each nation is put together and how privileges ect. are distributed. you can fool around with %'s if you want or not use them at all but i will attempt to put some here. but here is my idea.

also a note i feel the nation chat box shouldn't be a privilege but available to everyone in the nation.

i broke the governments down into more broad categories, but this should represent most of them.

Monarchy: government by one individual
    in this form of government the creator of the nation can distribute or revoke privileges as he/she see's fit.

this is the base government and will function normally as ours do now.

-grand duchy(i need a better name for this)(fuedalist state?)(someone with more knowlege of royal families and things of that nature could give me some input here)
    you break your nation into various (ducheries?fiefs?) lead by dukes and duchesses, once chosen these states now have a voice in your government and can overturn a leaders decision to retal or war by a majority vote(leaders vote counts as 2, everyone elses counts as 1) and cause a civil war where states must choose sides or leave the nation(just an idea of a power). these states will have TEAO privileges, and can each select 2 states to exist beneath them (i suggest they are labelled in the nation for all to see). the duke/duchess will have the V privilege to see just the 2 states selected.

the creator/leader of the nation will have all privileges and be able to select 3 states instead of the regular 2 states of the dukes/duchesses. And will have the V privilege over all states in his/her nation.

their will be 2 separate Taxes 1 for the nation, 1 for each (fief). Each fief can then add an extra (5-10%) tech/NA to the states in their fief. since tech tends to be more difficult to increase some thought should be put into how much tech will be needed for additional benefits. each duke/duchess can declare war/retaliation from his/her fief.

?when you choose this category it would be nice if you could break the nation up into fiefs on the member states list. nations can now declare war on individual fiefs in this nation and it won't result in a war on the whole nation. if the creator/leader of the nation declares war the whole nation goes to war, but you still have to go threw war prep. regardless if another nation declares war on a fief in your nation you still have to wait until the nation leader or the duke/duchess of your fief declares war and goes threw preparations to recieve the 2 turns to attack instead of the 5.

changing war prep time to something around 3-6 hours might be something to consider as a draw back to this nation. or changing that for the war prep time for the game might help too.

Republic: government by the people
    when u choose a republic you must choose between the following types.

-Parliamentary
    your nation is now a republic in order to declare war you must have majority consent of the members of your members. states can vote on declaring war only after war preparations have started and you can only war if you recieve a majority vote from the states in your nation. also elections are now an on-going part of your nation. in this form of government you will have 5 separate posts. you can cast your vote for each post and change them at any time. so at any point of the set you can have a change in position if a state accumulates the majority of the votes for a position. i think a separate link for a republic for voting should be put in place.
    Prime minster will have all privileges. TFEAOMV
    FA Adviser FOV
    Technology Adviser TV
    Economics Adviser EV
    Military Adviser FAV

All states in the nation will recieve the V privilege. +50% bank, market goods only take 2-4 hours to arrive on the market. +10% technology effectiveness, meaning every 10 pts on a particular tech would count for 11. thus 1,000,000 would = 1,100,000 tech in a republic.

in order to avoid people abusing the majority vote by kicking players we should make a 6-24 hour waiting rule to join a nation, maybe have it in effect when 1-2 days into the set or start when the set starts. this way you can kick inactives if you need to, but kicking and having players rejoin right away won't be an available option.

-Constitutional
    Similar to the Parliamentary government except for the following changes. You now have elections once every 7 days where states will have 1 day to vote for each position in the government. instead of a prime minster you have a president. The president can declare war preparations and declare war without the approval of the nation, but he must receive majority consent after 24 hours of the war or peace is declared.

States will only have a 25% bank bonus, and the nation will receive only a 5% technology effectiveness.

a side note for this nation, if you don't vote during the election day your voice will not be heard and you won't be able to change who your nation elected for until the end of the next week.

I think working on positives and negatives for this form of government needs to be done yet, i'm not sure on the bank/market/tech advantages. and i think mr. p could have some good idea's to add for this government because his nation USA was run similarly.

Dictatorship
    : government controlled by military rule

The largest state in the nation has control of the nation, including all the privileges TFEAOMV. He can distribute privileges as he see's fit. +10% military dispatch. War prep time halved. Market goods take 6-8 hours to hit the market. (less readiness lost in each attack?) -need to rethink advantages and disadvantages.

((only the leader can control privileges, he cannot share them?) or maybe give him 1 adviser?)

Communist: Communism is based on the concept of shared effort and shared resources. Please note that no existent nation practices pure communism in the modern world.

The leader will have all privileges. He then Chooses 1 state for each of the following positions. once chosen they cannot be changed.
    FA Adviser FOV
    Technology Adviser TV
    Economics Adviser EV
    Military Adviser FAV

You can send resources to other states in your nation at (1%?) of your money/military/food. or you can donate 10% of ur money/military to the nation. maybe a drawback to have to support the weakest state in the nation. or remove the sending of goods to states and only allow you to donate to the nation.

Theocracy: government a body of divine rulers or by religious law

i'm at a loss of idea's at this point but i'd appreciate any input from anyone on this post.

anyways the details need to still be hammered out but you guys can see where i'm going with the make-up of nation.
    Wow you did put some thought into that... Interesting ideas..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Is there any thought of a government take over by a hostile natioon? That could be another wrinkle you could add. Maybe if a Dictatorship were to be able to take control of a constitutional governemt, the nation's gov would then be changed as in a coup d' etat.

.. holy crap you guys don't ever want me to see the outside world again do you? I would be inside working on this game 24hrs a day...

I don't think we would go as far as Govt takeovers, but i am thinking that down the road making it so when a nation kills everyone in another nation there is an "option" that would oust the leader of the defeated and the winning nation could replace him/her with one of there own...

Kinda like territory occupation..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Aat least you know I am still doing my job

instead of overturning the vote for civil war i was rethinking, and i think it would be better to have it simply as an option for a fief to start a civil war to oust the leader and take over as the leader and he can then have 3 states under him and run the nation if he wins his war.