Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NWII Final is now open!

Default NWII Final is now open!

After a long wait, NWII final is up and running as our main game on the main server. You can access it with www.nation-wars.com

I have implemented some changes.

- reserve- You can now reserve up to 25% of each military unit. While in reserve you do not pay upkeep on the reserved units. But is also lowers your networth too. This feature works like the real life reserves. You call them up as you need them. We will start with 25% and then tweak up or lower as needed.

-food consumption has been lowered. We may need to raise it a little bit though. But lets run a set and then go from there.

-unit values- each unit now has it's own set value that works towards your networth.

- Larger networth totals

- Expenses have been lowered.

-strats have been adjusted some. this will take a few sets to get them to where we really want them to be.

Loss calc- the amount of units you lose during a battle has been lowered.

-Manual and manage state tabs have been put back into the regular menu listing.

- attacks now cost 5 turns instead of 2

- extra menu tabs are now in bright yellow so you can spot them easier.
    and also have been moved to the left of the screen next to the reg menu.

- I do not have the global account setup finished yet. I'm still debating using them or not. So each set you need to put in all your information again. Not really a big deal.. Just a few questions.

- For the time being, you can have up to 2 states without being labeled a cheater.

- New security measure have been put in place to catch cheaters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are a few things i'm still working on.

- Notification of war being declared on you.

- When at war making it so attacks are only 2 turns instead of 5

- Changing the word "captured" to "destroyed" while making war attacks

- Overview permissions for leaders and selected members

-linking forum accounts to game accounts (will need global accounts if we do this)

- Bonus turns for clicking on certain ads.

- making prem accounts take out ads on game.

-adding more ads to game.

We still have some work to do on this game, but all in all it's coming along very well. I think we have a good game with lots of potential and i'm looking forward to making it even better.

For now, reg nation wars is gone. if down the road enough people really want it back, maybe we will make it so prem account members have access to it..

Hope you all enjoy this. There have been a ton of hours put into making this game enjoyable.

enjoy!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

WAT 5 atatcks during war...... OMG tahts horrible...... eh time to run two states.....

Btw i just found a major bug.... try setting ur tax at 50 and adjusting ur unit production ..... hmm is this happening coz the round hasnt started?
    Last edited by Hoebawt; 02-01-2008 at 02:51.

Crimson Shadow Guest

It's about time we get it set up

And I think the "real name" should be removed for sign-up....its not like any of us actually used our real name. Plus it could discourage people from playing who don't feel safe giving away that kind of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    Btw i just found a major bug.... try setting ur tax at 50 and adjusting ur unit production ..... hmm is this happening coz the round hasnt started?
    When the db is locked nothing saves. Expand 200 turns and look for yourself. it acts like it works but nothing is saved! I have that posted on every page. "Round has not started yet, however you can still access game tabs but nothing saves"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    It's about time we get it set up

And I think the "real name" should be removed for sign-up....its not like any of us actually used our real name. Plus it could discourage people from playing who don't feel safe giving away that kind of information.
    You don't have to put in your real name. just remember what name you use
    incase you want to delete..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

Yes we don't have to put in our real name...but new players who dont read the forums might not know that.

I would hate to see us lose potential members just because they feel insecure.

good point crim

Crimson Shadow Guest

Also...messaging should be allowed when the set is down.

I don't want to wait until a day into the set to get the pass for a nation.

pcgluva Guest

we cant even create natiosn yet

BB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post

Round has not started yet. However you can still access menu items but nothing is saved.