Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: SLOB vs. LOR

to touch on this post that vinnie quoted, we don't need to tell you hey stop beating on our state or else. look at it as, if you smash our states you will get a retal of some kind, and i don't need to go crying to your leader before i take action.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

You don't have to go through leaders, but it might get the rest of your nation warred.

And what about those aa's on me even before you started on #11?

you were the other state involved in the triple/double attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I don't see why LoR has to be gone for this game to work and everyone to have fun. I remember a while back when they were basically dead, split up into other small nations under Raul, Ali, Kenneth, etc and the game was no better.
    Lor was warred upon this set, and Rage didnt helped in, if we want this game to work we need more natons around, not big fat whales, i wasnt long ago when several members of slob were persuading us to break up, and now they are all together warring around, irony....
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    In someways the 2006-7 era wlf threads were so much more fun to read than these essay posts which are such a pain to read even on this phone...
    just go and drink vodka u russian moder fuka =D

pd: i love u bro
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

Ok, so Eld wanted to kill #11 for the triple and one of these 3 attacks was a defeat. So two successful attacks would be fine, but if you add a defeat that equals death.

And for me, my attacks would have been fine, but because 4ish hours before my attacks, my nation mate made an additional attack, I should be aa'd down and maybe killed. I know why Eld never bothered to do FA, because no FA that ever played this game would have accepted the retals you wanted.

You might think it was planned for #11 to triple tap and then me to double but it wasn't. If it was, I would have attacked Sob right after the triple. Instead, I attacked hours afterward because I noticed Sob didn't grow. Sob had 70ish turns when I attacked him, if he had used them I wouldn't have been able to break. Plus, these attacks were going to make no difference on relative ranks. Sob had a better state than me at that point, and Sob was not going to catch #11.

I think Sob got his panties in a bunch because he isn't used to being attacked so much while being a top 3 state. However the difference between what happened and what is now allowed by the rules was one additional defeat. And the thing is, I would not have doubled him if he had not doubled one of LoR's top 10 states earlier on.
    Last edited by kanman; 09-17-2009 at 04:31.

Steady on there mate,
    First and foremost aa's on you were unfortunate but required under the circumstance as it would have been a war regardless and you were a big threat, thats the PR bit done.
    Actual reason, since we were striking anyway, and at the time slob were too so might as well assist them, instead of spending my turns expanding till I had enough ships to take on #11.

As with warring instead of talking about retals, in general I wasn't even considering a retal for the triple, was annoyed dont get me wrong but not fussed as it wasn't worth it.
    36 hours later he does 4 on me and I went with the flow, Beeno asked around and people were getting excited about warring, so why not, make things exciting, liven up the set.

P.s. check out my last 4 sets,
    June = Killed by Lor when 1st - reason:Lor wanted some fun
    July = Killed by Lor when 1st - reason:Nosejam wanted some fun with Lor
    August = Won the set - yaay
    September - Killed by Lor when 1st

As you can see, no love loss there with Lor.

Also you can scrap everything else and consider this point, If you were 2nd and 1st gave you ample REASON to kill him to take 1st, would it cross your mind to follow through with it as an opportunistic move.

No it doesn't. But I'm glad you're DEAD

Well I guess according to your rationale, there will never be peace in Nation-Wars for states to net now since no one can be trusted and a nations can just war another without prior negotiations and notices. We're heading into a age of chaos? Great!

so your still thinking in terms of the old game, each state can attack someone X amount of times and its ok. I won't be viewing it as such but rather as a whole nation amount of damage done to a state in our nation.

this is a new game, and the old rules need to be thrown out.

and as sob said, it was an opportunity. it can really frustrate players to play from 2nd place and get land raped by just 1 attack every 36 hours, this is why their are many suicides after someone gets jumped ect. many times you want to avoid making that 2nd place state or nation angry with you, especially if your already at war.
    Last edited by BeeNo; 09-17-2009 at 11:17.