Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: SLOB vs. LOR

Well, just saying. It's not me to decide what kind of game we want. But if choas is what people want, then let there be chaos! All I'm pointing out is that according to what he was suggesting, it seems like people prefer spontaneous attacks if they feel threatened with any means possible. Which renders FAs and negotiations meaningless.

So, expects random AAs and ARs on top states in future sets I guess. It's nation-WARS afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by doppy View Post
    No it doesn't. But I'm glad you're DEAD

Well I guess according to your rationale, there will never be peace in Nation-Wars for states to net now since no one can be trusted and a nations can just war another without prior negotiations and notices. We're heading into a age of chaos? Great!
    How rude, tbh Lor really aren't the best people to be complaining about this sort of thing, re my last few sets, even within the old game.

SoB, how am I being rude? I'm just stating the facts. If this is how you guys want to run the new game. I'm not oppose to it at all!

I just don't understand that yesterday there seems to be a cease-fire on the whole argument since both SLOB and LOR members quieted down in this thread. But then you and BeeNo had to come in and start pointing fingers again. I'm just deriving your nation's whole policy and thinking rationale based on what you guys said here. I think we can spend our time better elsewhere other than re-igniting the flame, don't you think?

Like what BeeNo said, old rules should be thrown out, and this game should be viewed as being new. But you seem to be the one to dwell on past glories. What's the point of looking at your past few sets? Why is LOR not in the position to complain? This is a new set with new attitude and deal with it.

Like I said, if not negotiating and spontaneous retal on "threat" regardless of situation is what you guys decided as the guideline to run your state this round, you can't expect people to not do the same in future sets, right? If so, expect random AAs and other ****s like I said. We didn't start the full-scale chaos this set, which I think is a disgrace since we're the legion of RIOT. But hey, we don't mind someone else willing the take the mantle for us.

Quote Originally Posted by doppy View Post
    Well, just saying. It's not me to decide what kind of game we want. But if chaos is what people want, then let there be chaos! All I'm pointing out is that according to what he was suggesting, it seems like people prefer spontaneous attacks if they feel threatened with any means possible. Which renders FAs and negotiations meaningless.

So, expects random AAs and ARs on top states in future sets I guess. It's nation-WARS after all!
    Every time some one says that, I wanna bash his head in against a hard *** wall.

Way to cliche out!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by SoB View Post
    Steady on there mate,
    First and foremost aa's on you were unfortunate but required under the circumstance as it would have been a war regardless and you were a big threat, thats the PR bit done.
    Actual reason, since we were striking anyway, and at the time slob were too so might as well assist them, instead of spending my turns expanding till I had enough ships to take on #11.

As with warring instead of talking about retals, in general I wasn't even considering a retal for the triple, was annoyed dont get me wrong but not fussed as it wasn't worth it.
    36 hours later he does 4 on me and I went with the flow, Beeno asked around and people were getting excited about warring, so why not, make things exciting, liven up the set.

P.s. check out my last 4 sets,
    June = Killed by Lor when 1st - reason:Lor wanted some fun
    July = Killed by Lor when 1st - reason:Nosejam wanted some fun with Lor
    August = Won the set - yaay
    September - Killed by Lor when 1st

As you can see, no love loss there with Lor.
    Well some people were saying Eld just wanted a retal and LoR should not have escalated it into a war by killing you. This was the reason the Slob gave for re-entering the war.

But what really happened was Eld just wanted to war LoR, especially because we had the number 1 state. The retal was pretty much an excuse because 1. no FA was done and 2. it was way over the top. (The 4 tap doesn't enter the discussion because according to Eld leaders, the decision to war had already been made by then).

This would all usually be fine, but LoR had already been struck first by Slob and was already outnumbered and outgunned.

@beeno, whole amount of damage done by a nation to a state? That is so subjective it doesn't count as a justified reason for war. A single defeated landgrab can fit under that definition. Isn't that what happened here? If we had just double-tapped SoB you would have accepted, but you went to war for that additional single defeat.
    Last edited by kanman; 09-17-2009 at 13:15.

I`ll repeat what I said before and also to SLOB leaders - ELD stepping in is/was bull****!

But oh well! I guess someone just wanted to beat at LoR while they could!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

bugger, I wrote a very long details post and stupid google search bar took over the window I had open when i searched for something and lost it all when I clicked back.
    I cannot be bothered to write it again so in brief.

People stop reading too much into this.

Kanman, get off your high horse, if you were so keen on FA's being done then why not be more proactive in your approach, people had voiced their annoyance of #11's actions on the chatbox and such before and you would have known they would lose their patience sometime or another. Instead of waiting for something to happen, why not take matters into your own hands, or even attempt to control your top state, as people are not use to being doubled and tripled in the top 10 to begin with.

The other main point I was making was that this set was a blank slate in a new game, where we learn from our mistakes and learn what is acceptable and what is not.
    Killing #11 was not meant to be anything against Lor in general or have any hidden agendas, etc. It was simply a learning experience, this game might have no rules moved over from the previous game but abusing that to the extent of doing triples and qualruples on the guys in the top 10 isn't taken lightly by people and pushes people to take matters into their own hands.

Now bare in mind that if Eld hadn't, NS had openning said that they would have killed #11 a day later. (NS did end up killing him in the end though) This is the set to learn, and this is the set to define new precedents in what we feel is acceptable. And I feel that we have sent a message, that those actions were unacceptable, and that states who are 1st will be held accountable for their actions as well.

That is all really, I dont think this argument should go much further, I'm going to back to my old ways to play the game in peace instead of getting involved in arguments in the forums.
    Last edited by SoB; 09-17-2009 at 14:43.

As I've said before, just because the rules are thrown out doesn't mean FA should stop. It seems pretty obvious that you didn't want to do FA because you wanted to war. I can't think of anytime in the past 6-7 years that I've played this game where the nation that made a mistake had to go to the other nation and ask them to do a retal on their state. It's silly to ask that now

As you said, it's a new game and we learn what is acceptable or not. You see a triple in the top ten as unacceptable. We see no FA being done as not acceptable. Next set we learn that you don't want us to triple in top ten unless we want war. You learn that no FA will certainly deserve a reprisal, if not war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Thank you, we're on the same page now
    I got killed for my part straight after #11.

Good! now we can all go back and watch Beyonce's best video of all time

....No, wait! Taylor Swift definitely had the better one!!
    Taylor FTW!!!!