Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Round

Default Next Round

New public market page is completed and will be implemented next set. Looks better and you no longer need to click to get back to the PM page. It also will have state overview at the top like it use to have and instead of market summary, if your in a nation it shows your nations NA so you can see how many you have compared to your nation instead of having to click on NA tab.. If your not in a nation then nothing shows in that spot.

Also, nations will be able to appoint a UN ambassador. So now 2 from each nation can view it..

Plus, bombers will be implemented back into the AR attack.

I will fill you in on more changes for next round before the next round starts.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

woot! i like all these changes!
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

Plus, bombers will be implemented back into the AR attack.

You caved on that one, eh?

I think we need to hash out the unit attacks a bit and see if we can make some changes. If you want I can make a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    You caved on that one, eh?

I think we need to hash out the unit attacks a bit and see if we can make some changes. If you want I can make a thread about it.
    Bombers don't defend against anything, so they are pretty balanced in my opinion. But I haven't run the numbers

Anyone with a ton of bombers will be open to lots of attacks, and a weak state defensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Hmm...looks like next round is gonna be interesting, Im looking forward to the other changes...=]

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Bombers don't defend against anything, so they are pretty balanced in my opinion. But I haven't run the numbers

Anyone with a ton of bombers will be open to lots of attacks, and a weak state defensively.
    That wasn't where I was going. I'm leaning towards us coming up with a different idea of attacks. Such as Bombers lower readiness/destroy buildings and GAs take land. Amphibious Assaults combining Troops, Tanks and Ships in some sort of formula for Attack Strength. Maybe something like the ships have a caty to carry an amount of Infantry and Tanks.

I also want to revisit an idea I had for spies to encourage upgrading by linking levels with the type of ops they can preform as well as maybe a new Terrorist unit that preforms destructive ops while spies preform intel/defensive things.

Essentially make the attacks more realistic to the real life units. I haven't really thought it all out yet and I'm not sure how complicated any changes would be.

Mr. P,

When I type C A P A C I T Y it looks like this ==> caty.

That seem odd to you?

That wasn't where I was going. I'm leaning towards us coming up with a different idea of attacks. Such as Bombers lower readiness/destroy buildings and GAs take land. Amphibious Assaults combining Troops, Tanks and Ships in some sort of formula for Attack Strength. Maybe something like the ships have a caty to carry an amount of Infantry and Tanks.

I also want to revisit an idea I had for spies to encourage upgrading by linking levels with the type of ops they can preform as well as maybe a new Terrorist unit that preforms destructive ops while spies preform intel/defensive things.

Essentially make the attacks more realistic to the real life units. I haven't really thought it all out yet and I'm not sure how complicated any changes would be.
    Hmm...good idea, I have seen this in many other text-based games too. It could potentially be a very good change in the long run, however, some people may not like it and would prefer to stay with the current type. But if ever anyone decides to implement this, I think we should have a poll first to see if majority would like it to change or stay the way it is.

adding new attacks in the game is compicated and time consuming. Not saying it can't be done cause well i would like to see more attacks in the game, but it takes time coding them and then even longer testng and tweaking.. We are still working out the bomber issues and tweaking.

And i wouldn't say i caved on the bombers. I honestly can't remember why they were removed from the AR attack. At first i thought it was cause it would make then too strong, but after looking back through all my notes i don't find any reason as to why i took them off. Only thing i can think of is i removed them and then forgot to add them back in. Hate saying that out loud as i'm not suppose to make mistakes .. jk

With bombers being back in the AR attack, they don't destroy buildings or readiness, they only help take land like the jets do. Only if you use the Bomb Run [BR] attack does it do that.

As for the spies, making it so certain levels can only do certain attacks is actually pretty easy to implement. We just need to decide what lvls would do what. Obvously lvl 8 would be able to do all attacks, but maybe make it special attack for lvl 12.. But is that fair seeing lvl 12 is a random?

The beauty of this game is there is still a TON of un tapped potential and lots of things we can add to it to keep it exciting.. Just need to take small steps and make sure everything we implement is working perfectly before we move to the next.. So once we have the Bomb Run [BR] ready to go then we will move to the next.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Hey Mr.P how about this.
    What if we made it such that every level unlocks a new type of attack, and the higher the level it is, the higher the chance for success? So it will be like the below.

Level 1: Unlocks Action 1 (30% success rate)
    Unlocks Action 2 (30% success rate)
    Unlocks Action 3 (30% success rate)

Level 2: Unlocks Action 4 (30% success rate)
    Actions 1,2 and 3 now have 40 % chance of success.

Level 3: Unlocks Action 5 (30% success rate)
    Actions 1,2 and 3 now have 50% chance of success, Action 4 has 40%

Level 4....And so on and so forth....

At the eighth or sixth or seventh level, whichever you choose, all the actions become unlocked.

Level 12: All actions now have 90% chance of success.

Of course, this wont be only factor accounting for whether you succeed or fail and so the other factors will be factored in as well. Anyone understand what I am saying?
    Last edited by anglewing; 10-13-2009 at 10:01. Reason: forgot to add in number 4.