Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How sanctions can be a bad thing

Default How sanctions can be a bad thing

Let's just say that LoR/USA are sanctioned and have many in the top 10... How can someone try to netgain if they can't attack each other but those who are trying to do something in the game can't be allowed to get into the top 10. It does not make sense for sanctions to even be around since if you can align a few bigger nations together with sanctions, then that makes it harder for anyone else.

Sanctions, imho, are a joke. Only should be used for a war and not to be used to keep members 'safe' from attack.

well, it depends on how we look at it. If we sanctioned say lor this set, we had 2 members they couldn't attack. But we would be safe from getting hit from all the states above us. But then again if we were the states on top, we would lose out on a good number of states to SA and gain land from.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBu View Post
    Let's just say that LoR/USA are sanctioned and have many in the top 10... How can someone try to netgain if they can't attack each other but those who are trying to do something in the game can't be allowed to get into the top 10. It does not make sense for sanctions to even be around since if you can align a few bigger nations together with sanctions, then that makes it harder for anyone else.

Sanctions, imho, are a joke. Only should be used for a war and not to be used to keep members 'safe' from attack.
    well, USA sanctions against LoR were amidst fears of war, so its justified.

Quote Originally Posted by anglewing View Post
    War, wahhhh... That's all I've ever known in this game is war, war and more war... they are scared? Then jump first and not be taken out first. This game is/was based off of warring and not always netgain every time. I still beleive Sanctions are an un-needed addition to this game.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

frogbu you dont happen to be the same frogbu from MD are ya?

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    frogbu you dont happen to be the same frogbu from MD are ya?
    Yes he is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBu View Post
    Sanctions are not meant to keep members "safe" from an attack. They are used to hinder nations. The key to this game is land. if you take away the land, you can't do much. Sanctions cost tech and they also don't allow the nation who declared them to attack the other nation either... So it's not something people just go out and do for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by anglewing View Post
    Fear? No sir, they were placed against LoR to show our disapproval of there actions against SLOB. Fear had nothing to do with it.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Sanctions are not meant to keep members "safe" from an attack. They are used to hinder nations. The key to this game is land. if you take away the land, you can't do much. Sanctions cost tech and they also don't allow the nation who declared them to attack the other nation either... So it's not something people just go out and do for the fun of it.
    Al be it, but the 2 of the 3 largest nations in this game are sanctioned. This could be abused beyond belief.
    Last edited by Mr President; 10-17-2009 at 21:18.

Yes it could be abused.. But once war is declared by either nations, the sanctions are automatically dropped.

Sanctions can make things more fun and heated. Or they can cool things off and get a nation to back off some..

Personally, i really like them. I don't think they are used nearly enough. They really can put a lot of pressure on a nation to either abide or war...

If a nation is abusing them as a means to protect it's members, then other nations need to stand up against them. But with the costs associated with it, it would hurt a nation more then anything to use it for that.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"