Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertisement!

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    First step: Target Market - Computer gamers who have time on their hands and like war games. This typically includes a younger demographic, mainly males. Approximate age group 16-24.

Next step: How to target these consumers? TV commericials!

I will think more about it and try and come up with some better more serious ideas.

Oh that's right.. Ooga you just told me yesterday you were heading for a marketing class... So here is your first main project.. Getting members for NWII ..

And honestly, people like you are in the best spot to get "target market" people.. You are in college! That place is full of gamers with time on there hands .. So Print up some fliers and start posting them all over campus.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

pcgluva Guest

just lie them anywere people will pick them up

Add some graphics to the game and call it "Open Source Command and Conquer Online Edition"

Crimson Shadow Guest

I suggested this once before....but I think this would be a great idea if someone knows how to code something like this. Since I'm usually on gamespot forums this would really advertise the game since there are 1.000.000 people there daily.

Maybe we could include NW, Rank, Nation, Nation rank, etc

This is something from a game I used to play. There are alot of other designs here http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_skill_signatures-sig if you want to see others.

Missionary Guest

i play torncity, hey have ten of thousands of people on daily there. the game is also text based so they should be into this game aswel. if we could get something to put in sigs/profiles and just put them in ours on other games im sure that would help alot too.

if you can give me a banner to use i will pay to have it posted on www.Dominic-Deegan.com

Its a webcomic that has over 1600 strips ( on 1667 today i think) it has alot of dedicated readers, not sure how many play on-line games, but meh, might get some?
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

most people i try to get to play this or even wow they are like "wtf is txt based, game is gay" i think for wow i told about 20 or so people and only 2 played more then 1/2 a set.

Text based games is not for everyone.. but then again neither is pizza, but yet if you love it you still tell everyone about the best pizza in town and chances are they will try it....

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

yea, right before wow was shutdown i had like 6-7 people sign up for that set. And they all enjoyed the 3 days they played -_-.

so pres, can you give me a 75x500 pixel banner to advertise with?

his reader base is over 40000 per day, so hoepfully some people will at least check it out
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti