Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colombia > Venezuela/Ecuador

Default Colombia > Venezuela/Ecuador

I have a few angry words for Hugo -> <-Uribe and his chimp in Ecuador but I rather not say them on the forum. I'm wondering what you guys think about the recent events happening in South America atm?

Viva Colombia

Crimson Shadow Guest

I haven't heard anything about South America events.....care to fill us (or me) in?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/wo...ld&oref=slogin

basically the Colombian military staged a raid on a farc (a terrorist organization in Colombia that uses drug trafficking, kidnappings, and violence to meet their goals) camp a mile into Ecuador and managed to kill the 2nd in command of the farc. Now both Ecuador and Venezuela have moved troops to the Colombian border and have called back their ambassadors and have threatened war. Chavez is mad that they killed (in his eyes) a hero of the people and seems to consider Colombia a terrorist state.

I can guarantee that the majority of Colombians consider the farc terrorists/thugs

O i have both friends and family on all sides

I'm assuming you're from Colombia? But ya, not sure why Venezuela is upset and mobilized troops, if anything it's on Ecuador. But if FARC is a terrorist organization that the U.S. and Colombia government defines them as, then I think the Ecuador government is also overreacting. Hopefully the situation doesn't escalade further, but from the article I don't see Columbia in the wrong here. I'm not too fully aware of the past situations and stuff, I never really studied South America in depth but it's interesting to know about our other American continent counterpart

This is very interesting and could escalate to a big war involving many European Countries

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    I'm assuming you're from Colombia? But ya, not sure why Venezuela is upset and mobilized troops, if anything it's on Ecuador. But if FARC is a terrorist organization that the U.S. and Colombia government defines them as, then I think the Ecuador government is also overreacting. Hopefully the situation doesn't escalade further, but from the article I don't see Columbia in the wrong here. I'm not too fully aware of the past situations and stuff, I never really studied South America in depth but it's interesting to know about our other American continent counterpart
    Venezuela is lead by Chaves... no one likes him... his a dictator...Colombia isnt in the wrong... Ecuador is just pissed that Colombia took a retal wit out asking (LOOKS AT CALVIN) Venezuela is just being noisy and getting in the mess... other major powers are taking sides such as USA, and yes even France.... and if it keeps escalating wat would Iran do... being friends wit Venezuela mks you wonder where they stand?

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    Venezuela is lead by Chaves... no one likes him... his a dictator...Colombia isnt in the wrong... Ecuador is just pissed that Colombia took a retal wit out asking (LOOKS AT CALVIN) Venezuela is just being noisy and getting in the mess... other major powers are taking sides such as USA, and yes even France.... and if it keeps escalating wat would Iran do... being friends wit Venezuela mks you wonder where they stand?
    iran wouldnt do anything, they cannot withsatnd an attack from the west. so much so they are even trying to buy the west out of iraq. love it when people count france as a major power, as if there men with swords on horses are gunna do much haha.

Sure Iran would do something... if any other Western Country does anything to a Muslim nation they would all rally together and then we will have a pain in the *** war.....

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    Sure Iran would do something... if any other Western Country does anything to a Muslim nation they would all rally together and then we will have a pain in the *** war.....
    wrong, all the muslum nations are divided. otherwise they would have stopped us from allowing isreal to be formed and they would have done something wwhen we invaded afgan and iraq. the fact is all surounding nations in the middle-east support alot of the actions of the west.

do you know the middle east could destroy america with 1 legal action that america wouldnt be able to do ANYTHING about? wonders if anyone knows .