Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: earth shutting down...

Default earth shutting down...

Lydias
    Community Director

Earth - Announcement
    ADVERTISEMENT:
    Dear Earth Players,

It is with a collection of heavy hearts that we report that Earth: 2025 will soon be coming to an end. For some time now it has been a constant struggle to keep this game running on what is extremely old architecture, and the problems have just been getting exponentially worse. Sadly, it has finally reached the stage where the game has simply become impossible to maintain any further.

We will continue to maintain each server until the end of the respective rounds, but after that the servers will be shut down. The end of round dates are as follows:

Tournament- November 5th
    Limited- December 9th
    Council- December 9th
    Primary- December 17th
    Alliance- December 17th

It is truly regrettable that such an historic game must meet this fate, but there is no longer any other viable option. It's been a pleasure to be involved in this magnificent game and we wish you the best in your future gaming endeavours. We hope to one day return to this game with an entirely new version and you will hear from us when this happens.

-The Earth: 2025 Team

i think this would be a great time to try to recruit from earth and get them to come here..
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Yeah, maybe we could ask their site manager to extend a formal invitation to join us.

I left Earth2025 9 years ago because of a World of War(now N-W) banner add that was displayed while I was playing. I never really liked it there.

i played earth for about a year...it was fun fora bit...but NW is where it is at.
    Nations
    1 [HuuF] x 1

We should get Mr P on this.

Devil said he would be willing to help out with some funding for Ads.

if we can get a direct link to our site on the earth site this would be good, we could proly get hundreds to at least check it out. Im sure dozens would stay.

This is an opportunity that needs to be taken, and there isnt alot of time.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Yea i agree.... we should def jump on this... I think this falls under maggios dept

pcgluva Guest

we need to get on this asap

Well since many of the original WoW guys were from Earth, I think it would be a great chance to really refresh this memberbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

earth shutting down...
    i was like, OMG we're doomed..

anyways, i agree we should get those guys to play here..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

we have about a month before the last set ends...so we really don't have a lot of times.
    Nations
    1 [HuuF] x 1

yeah lets have our admins talk to their admins or just an to earth about with comparison of the games or even better if they let us recruit from there forums. haven't played earth in over about 4 years now.

btu seriously andy 2012 isn't that far away you could have used another title for it